October 2013 Weddings

Check and Check

Hey girls, my fiance and I just officially signed our venue contract a couple weeks ago and tonight signed our contract for the photographer! I am so excited, two things done! Anways, I wanted to know what you all thought would be next on the planning check list that would need to be done this early, due to fall weddings being so popular? Thanks for your thoughts!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Check and Check

• Yay checks are getting completed!

I have a lot of my stuff done already. I hate waiting to get things done. Have you looked into a dj yet? Is your ceremony the same place as the reception? If not Id get that underway too.

• We have our venue (ceremony and reception) and just booked our photographer too so we are going at the same pace! lol. I am thinking of looking for an officiant and DJ now. I'd agree with the PP to start looking at ceremony spots if you haven't already.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have already booked our venue and photographer too!   We also booked out DJ who will also do our uplighting.  The person that I wanted was already booked that day so I suggest at least start looking at DJs to at least get an idea.  But yay for the checks! :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Thanks for your thoughts girls!! Yes, our reception and ceremony is at the same location, so that is checked off my list too (I guess I forgot that was also a separate task). I guess we will start looking for dj's next; it makes me feel better that I am on the same pace as some of you so I know I am not going too slow/fast! What a process lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_check-and-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:1e563df3-aae6-46c9-842c-27511287035aPost:f6ea2622-343f-4856-a3f8-d89141468fc0">Re: Check and Check</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for your thoughts girls!! Yes, our reception and ceremony is at the same location, so that is checked off my list too (I guess I forgot that was also a separate task). I guess we will start looking for dj's next; it makes me feel better that I am on the same pace as some of you so I know I am not going too slow/fast! What a process lol. 
    Posted by SweetB7[/QUOTE]

Just wondering, what is your location? Maybe I can give you some names of people.

• We are getting doing everything at Trappers Turn in the Dells, I have been keeping an eye on the Wi Knottie website but I will be completely honest, picking out a dj really stresses me out and if I could avoid this part of planning a wedding I would lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you asked them if they have any in mind that they might have worked with in the past?

That place looks beautiful!

• Yeah, he gave me two different DJ's that they reccomend so I may look into those ones first since they know the facility really well. Thanks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Probably your DJ or band. They can book pretty quickly. Try to find someone who knows what music you want for your wedding because then they will stick to your theme. Also, maybe your Savethedates and invites since you already booked your venue. I used Vistaprint for both so far, they offer living social and groupon deals all the time so it really helps offset the cost. Good luck with everything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards