Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

HELP!!! Getting Wedding Photos Back

Hi there, I am posting here to discuss the proper amount of time it should take to get your wedding photos back? I got married back in June of 2015 and it's been almost seven months since then. I have not received any photos and I am not sure what I should do. I have contacted the photographer for about three months now and she keeps saying "next weekend."
What should I do?!

Re: HELP!!! Getting Wedding Photos Back

• Hi there, I am posting here to discuss the proper amount of time it should take to get your wedding photos back? I got married back in June of 2015 and it's been almost seven months since then. I have not received any photos and I am not sure what I should do. I have contacted the photographer for about three months now and she keeps saying "next weekend." What should I do?!
    What does your contract say is the amount of time it will take?
  • What does your contact say? If it doesn't specify a turnaround time, you can keep asking or talk to an attorney.

I had mine in under 6 weeks, but my contact said I would. I made sure the time was clearly stated.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• As PPs said, check your contract.  That seems like a long time to me, but my opinion doesn't really matter if your contract says something else.  Dig it out and see what you and your photographer actually agreed to.

• Regardless of what your contact says, seven months is too long. I can't imagine ever signing a contract that allowed specifically over 6 months. Most photographers commit to 6 weeks to 3 months, longer if they're doing your album and not just giving you a preview site or file access/CD/thumb drive.
    You have a few options if your photog has breached contract, starting with informing the photographer that if you don't get by x date you will pursue other recourse: contact an attorney, contact the Better Business Bureau, file Consumer Complaints, file credit card refund, etc.
    OP at least your photog is still communicating. Give them a deadline and if they miss it, take serious action.
    I had to file with the state Attorney General to get my photos and another client took the same photog to small claims and won. I also got half my money back. Hold this person accountable.

• Sadly our contract does not have a date. Thank you for your replies I appreciate it!
  • Sadly our contract does not have a date. Thank you for your replies I appreciate it!
    I'm sorry to hear that OP. Good luck in your efforts!

LURKERS- GET A DATE. 
    When you get a contract, if the photographer's own contract does not give you a time-frame, write one in yourself and make them sign it too. I would strongly discourage anyone from contracting with a photographer who would refuse to have a delivery time in a contract. Strive for 8 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards