Wedding Reception Forum

Time of Reception?

2»

Re: Time of Reception?

• https://www.theknot.com/content/shoe-game-wedding-reception-game-questions

I'm not set on it completely, but it is something I have considered, since I've seen this or similar other things at weddings and I personally always liked them, especially when I didn't know much about the groom/ bride (and we have a number of friends on both sides who haven't met one of us). However, I may be a bit of sap that way. Given the negative feedback, I am also considering nixing it altogether, now. I think I'll poll a few family members and trusted friends, and see what they think. 
    FWIW, I really love the shoe game. We won't have it because FH refused, lol, but I don't think it's really that awful. I think it's really funny and can be cute! Maybe doing it during dinner service, before the cake cutting?
    I am not a fan of this game at a shower, and don't really think it belongs at all at a wedding reception.  However, if I have to sit through something like this, I agree it should be concurrent with dinner, so that I am not forced to give undivided attention to the game.  I would probably continue to enjoy my dinner and quiet conversation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards