Connecticut

Unique Venue Suggestions

Happy Sunday everyone!  My FI & I grew up in the farmington valley area, but we now live in South Florida.  Any suggestions on unique venues in CT (or surrounding areas!)   We've just begun planning, so we're trying to do as much as we can from down here, but we'd like to narrow down venues before we come up in March to tour them and hopefully book one.  My FI isn't into the whole barn/rustic chic wedding idea, but we both like (although totally opposite) the idea of a modern OR vintage/formal venue.  We appreciate any help in advance!

Re: Unique Venue Suggestions

• What area of the state are you looking for?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're open to anywhere in the state, along with NY or MA.
  • There are some amazing wineries. (Priam in Colchester). They're a bit different. 

• By unique I am going to assume you mean not a hotel ballroom or wedding hall.  There are castles that serve as venues, wineries like Blackbird said, there are more modern looks like the Lace Factory in Deep River.  Do you have your budget and number of guests yet?  That will narrow down the options a bit. 

Also, some of the more 'unique' venues like the vineyards you will have to bring everything in which means hiring a caterer, bartenders, renting dinnerware, glassware, linens so be sure to factor that into your budget.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, exactly.  We'd love a venue that only does one wedding day. We went to 4 weddings at the Aqua Turf last year!  I love the idea of a vineyard, but bringing everything in might pose a challenge due to the distance, but I'm going to touch base with Priam to see - we may just get a wedding planner to assist. We love the Lace Factory, but they're booked solid in 2016 and don't have much left in 2017.  We have tours scheduled at Farmington Gardens and The Society Room. Our budget is 50K, but our guest list isn't solid yet.
  • How about Wadsworth Mansion or Mystic Seaport?  You will want to focus on venues that are big enough in case your guest list grows.  When are you hoping to get married?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You will love the Society room. 

New Rochelle NY has a lot of venues.. one right after another so you can make appointments the same them if you want to check them out.

Surf Club
    Beckwith Pointe
    V,I,P Club 

@laurag524

• Eolia Mansion at Harkness State Park or Branford House are both beautiful (we're doing Branford House). Also look at the Metropolitan Building in Hudson, New York (I think it's there at least...). I love it but I don't know the cost.
    There's also Waveny House in New Canaan, Lounsbury House in Ridgefield, or if you're looking for super modern The Loading Dock in Stamford looks cool but it also appears to be pricey. I've got plenty more places as I've requested a quote from nearly every venue in CT (my FI and I can be very picky...) so I'd be more than happy to help!
  • I got married at the Mystic Arts Center - now the Mystic Museum of Art, right on the Mystic River. It's a smaller venue, so depending on the size of your wedding, it could be perfect! My best friend had her reception at the Mystic Aquarium which was also amazing. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @GoldenPenguin Question, why do you have a crown icon under your name?.... just wondering. lol.
  • Lace Factory
    Carousel Museum
    New Britain Museum of American Art
    Mystic Aquarium
  • @CSol70 - I'm the mod of the Just Engaged board! All mods have crowns. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Thanks ladies!! you guys have awsome suggestions; i'm loving them all!  Anyone have any feedback on The Pond House in West Hartford?
  • I went to take a look around/have lunch there last weekend. I have a few pictures if you want to see feel free to PM me! The main room is beautiful but you walk in the same entrance as the restaurant and it's just a room on the right. I wanted something that my wedding would be the only thing going on that day and not have to share the space.

Have you checked out the Carousel at Lighthouse Point Park? I loved that place too but the FI was set on Branford House. The Marquee in Hartford looks unique too (I have some emails from them).
  • Sent you a PM!

My cousin got married last year at the Marquee - super amazing venue! The Carousel looks great, but my only concern is trying to coordinate catering, etc from Florida.
  • The Pond House looks absolutely stunning. It was a bit too pricey for me sadly. We are at the Simsbury 1820 House.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards