Flowers

Flower trouble

I am having a very hard time with picking flowers I like for our wedding. Out wedding is in spring and our colors are dark/warm red, blush, and green and it will be held at the botanical gardens in Phoenix, AZ. Does anyone have any suggestions?!

Re: Flower trouble

• Choose the blooms you love and work with your florist for suggestions that fit your budget's price-point.  Are you thinking more exotic flowers or simple everyday type blooms, combination there-of, etc.???  Even though you're having your wedding in a botanical gardens doesn't mean you can have a simple daisy bouquet if that's what you want/love. 

• Ask your florist for suggestions. I had no idea what I wanted, so I let my florist take complete control.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Your florist may have some suggestions. Ours had a book organized by color. So when we went to meet with them, they showed us the book and some examples of arrangement sizes.

We knew we wanted a wild flower look so we basically told them flowers we didn't want, 2 we did want, showed them a few inspiration photos and said "surprise us".
    *********************************************************************************

• Instead of worrying about the types of flowers used, why not focus on the overall look you want.  Search google for inspiration and take in the pictures that you think are pretty or look like the style you want.  

• Definitely talk to a florist. Also, sometimes it is easier to tell them what you don't want. For instance, some people don't like carnations but would be fine with most other flowers. If you give your florist the idea and look you're going for and let them know any specifics you don't want, they can probably do the rest for you.

• I am finding the wedding flower photos here in WW to be very helpful. I'm just copying the images I like to build a style guide for my florist.
    http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-photos/flowers
  • edited January 2016
    Find out from your florist what flowers are in season around your wedding date and if any of them fit your colour scheme.  Using "in season" flowers works out way cheaper and it solved my dilemma of deciding what type of flowers to use!  Once you know what flowers you can choose from, discuss with the florist what kind of bouquet shape would best suit those flowers and your dress.  You don't want your bouquet to overpower (outshine) your dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards