Wedding Invitations & Paper

FUN WEDDING INVITE WORDING.... NEED HELP!

Hello!!!!
So my Fiance and I are getting married this may, ceremony on the beach followed by backyard reception.
We want a FUN invite that will make our guests excited and show our fun personalities.
I don't want a stuffy traditional invite.
Any suggestions???
Ive googled for hours and come up with the same few options. Im not good at wording... so I need some help =)
Any suggestions are appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: FUN WEDDING INVITE WORDING.... NEED HELP!

• I wouldn't try for "fun" wording in the invitation.

You can give it a "fun" vibe with your choice of cardstock, colors, fonts, graphics, and so on, but "fun," "cute," "funny," "clever," "original/unique/nontraditional" wording all too often results in guests not understanding exactly what it is they're being invited to, who the hosts are, or other important information.

It can also lead guests to not take your wedding seriously, or to make unflattering assumptions about your and/or your FI's maturity and/or readiness for marriage (or lack thereof).
  • A wedding invitation wording is meant to convey the who, what, when, and where of a wedding.  As Maggie says above the design of the invitation is meant to convey the formality or fun that you want to show off.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    A wedding invitation is a simple note from the hosts (you?) to the guests, telling them, who, what, when and where.  It is not supposed to indicate anything more than this.  Just as mushy poetry declaring your love is out of place on the invitation, so is "fun" wording.  You don't have to use traditional wording, but it must do the job without insulting anyone.
    Here is a neutral, modern wording that works:

You are invited to the wedding of
    Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    Saturday, September 10, 2016
    at 6:00 PM
    Venue
    123 Main Street
    City, State

I don't really love this wording, but it works.
    Remember that many people consider a wedding to be a sacred, serious event in their lives.  Trying to inject humor where it does not belong will offend some people.
    There is nothing wrong with using a casual, colorful design on your invitation, but anything suggesting the marriage is a joke is inappropriate and offensive to many people.
    Traditionally wording is not "stuffy".

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • edited January 2016
  • AddieCake said:
    If I got an invitation with wording that was FUN! and SHOWS OUR PERSONALITIES! I would roll my eyes and think you're trying too hard.

Brides come here asking for advice and support, not negative comments. Take it elsewhere! Xoxo

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    AddieCake said:
    If I got an invitation with wording that was FUN! and SHOWS OUR PERSONALITIES! I would roll my eyes and think you're trying too hard.

Brides come here asking for advice and support, not negative comments. Take it elsewhere! Xoxo

Thanks for explaining to me what this forum is for, person I've never seen before. Brides get what they get when they come here. You don't get to decide how and where I or anyone else posts. Welcome to the Internet.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:

We did give you advice.  

And a passive aggressive emoji and telling people how to post will not do you any favors here.  If all you want is validation then I suggest you talk to yourself in the mirror.

• AddieCake said:

We did give you advice.  

And a passive aggressive emoji and telling people how to post will not do you any favors here.  If all you want is validation then I suggest you talk to yourself in the mirror.
    Yes YOU did and I appreciate it =) Negative comment was no where directed towards you. However the last note of your comment was not needed.

The emoji was a mistake, new here and not savy with all the ways to post and what not, nothing to be read into. Trying to get the hang of this website and lingo. Didn't know how to delete so I chose a winky face. Not sure that's passive aggressive, Ill make it a smiley so no one makes that mistake. thank you for bringing that thought to my attention.
  • AddieCake said:

We did give you advice.  

Yes YOU did and I appreciate it =) Negative comment was no where directed towards you. However the last note of your comment was not needed.

The emoji was a mistake, new here and not savy with all the ways to post and what not, nothing to be read into. Trying to get the hang of this website and lingo. Didn't know how to delete so I chose a winky face. Not sure that's passive aggressive, Ill make it a smiley so no one makes that mistake. thank you for bringing that thought to my attention.
    We can only go by what you post (hence my response to your emoji), and you would be surprised by the use of passive aggressive emojis on here by some speshul posters.  And my last comment was necessary.  We do not validate any ole idea that someone has. No one was rude to you or had negative comments. You say you are new here, so may I offer that you lurk a bit more and get a feel for the overall tone of the boards.  Most posters are pretty blunt/honest (like myself) with their responses. We aren't afraid to hurt your feelings or tell you the truth because we don't know you.  Usually friends and family will sugar coat their responses or just tell you what you want to hear and that isn't always the best thing.  So I will stick by my comment.  If what you want is validation for your ideas then talk to yourself in the mirror.  But if you want actual advice and truthful answers, then stick around.

• Aaaaaand another SS melts away.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards