Wedding Party
Options

How does the color theme work -_-

Hi guys, so the colors we picked out are fuchsia, purple, and gold. This would be a catholic ceremony and indian reception. For the catholic portion i am wearing a wedding dress but what color bridesmaid sarees should i get? This is the same saree they will wear for the reception and for the reception I was planning on getting fuchsia (pink shaded) Lehenga dress. Thank youuuuu!

Re: How does the color theme work -_-

• Options
    Hi guys, so the colors we picked out are fuchsia, purple, and gold. This would be a catholic ceremony and indian reception. For the catholic portion i am wearing a wedding dress but what color bridesmaid sarees should i get? This is the same saree they will wear for the reception and for the reception I was planning on getting fuchsia (pink shaded) Lehenga dress. Thank youuuuu!
    Excuse me if this sounds ignorant, but would the Catholic church allow Saris to be worn? I know that some churches have rules about bare shoulders, but I feel like that would extend to a bare midriff. 
  • Options
    Excuse me if this sounds ignorant, but would the Catholic church allow Saris to be worn? I know that some churches have rules about bare shoulders, but I feel like that would extend to a bare midriff. 
    Ditto this - I would just make sure to check with your priest first to make sure they are allowed.

As far as how color schemes work - there are really no rules.  You should pick whatever you like and think looks best.  Do you have a preference on the flowers in the bouquets (if you are doing them)?  I'd find a few shades of the colors you're going for (paint chips from the hardware store are great for this) and lay them out to see what you like best.  If you are still having trouble, consider opening it up to your bridesmaids for their take on the color.  I don't think you can go wrong with fuchsia or purple - though you may want to go more purple for the BMs if you want them to be different than your reception dress.  You could also consider a neutral accent for them to wear (gold, gray, black, navy) that you could work into the color scheme.

Bottom line - there is no real right or wrong.

• Options
    Not all saris expose shoulders or mid drifts. I would attach a picture if I knew how.
  • Options
    This is totally my opinion- I would put them in the gold sari because it is easier to incorporate purple and fuchsia flowers. That way all colors are represented-if you are doing bouquets, that is.

As PP said, there are no rules.
  • Options
    This is totally my opinion- I would put them in the gold sari because it is easier to incorporate purple and fuchsia flowers. That way all colors are represented-if you are doing bouquets, that is.

As PP said, there are no rules.
    Just keep in mind that gold washes a lot of people out.  I like it, but it is really not flattering to my skin tone.  I feel like purple would be more flattering to more skin tones. 

• Options
    I'm Catholic and have seen women wear saris to Mass. However, the ones I've seen have covered the midriff well.
  • Options

I'd probably go with the purple for a sari. https://www.google.ca/search?q=purple+sari+bridesmaid&biw=1680&bih=881&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi91Pin4bvKAhVEt4MKHdGRD8IQ_AUIBigB

Tons of looks there. Though you might want something different than fuschia if you want to 'stand out' more. I went to one wedding where the bride wore a white sari for the ceremony and a white dress for the reception. She said the white made it feel more 'bridal' than wearing a regular coloured sari (but she wore them quite often).

• Options
    I would put the BMs in purple. It's the most universally flattering color of the three you've chosen. You could choose something with a gold accent or ask them to wear gold shoes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards