Wedding Woes

Lurkers: may I have your attention please?

Re: Lurkers: may I have your attention please?

• 1. Favorite drink: Wine...all of the wine... non-alcoholic I'll take passion fruit iced tea
    2.A life experience that made me a stronger person: 2010 Haiti Earthquake
    3.How did I meet H? SO and I met each other at the restaurant we worked at.  
    4.Book I'm reading now: Textbooks....last book I read was Warm Bodies.  It was decent. 
    5. E-reader or paper: I prefer paper, but will use the kindle app on my phone when lugging around a book isn't practical. 
    6.Least favorite chore: Yard work.
    7.If I could vacation anywhere I would go to Bora Bora to check it out.  Or Fiji...Tahiti...shit, I don't know. Somewhere tropical with warm water and a ton of greenery.
    8.Hobbies? Reading, hiking, journaling, research
    9.Favorite ice cream: There's something about vanilla that's pretty good, but I love coffee and cookies and cream as well.
    10. Not really anymore.  I hate clutter.  I love tea though, so I'm always buying different types.  I don't know if that counts as "collecting" since I drink it all.  

• 1.  Favorite Drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)?
    - Alcoholic would be granny smith Woodchuck, non is Diet Pepsi. I'm a slave to the Pepsi.

2.  A life experience that made you a stronger person?
    - The condensed version: My first husband severely abused our son, which led him to foster care for 454 days until ex husband fled. It was hard, and I learned that my career was more important than my son, and I didn't even really know him. Extensive therapy and bonding exercises helped us get back to basics, I quit my job to be a STHM with him, and now that he's started school I took a part time job to pad our income. You never would be able to guess there was ever any bonding issues with us now, we are two peas. 

3.  How did you meet SO/FI/DH?
    - We knew each other in high school, and his younger brother was good friends with my sister. I used to ask him about his brother all the time, and then I moved and life happened and we lost touch a bit. We re-met in January last year.

4.  What book are you reading right now? Or last book you read?
    - I just finished re-reading the HP series. Gets me every time.

5.  E-Reader or actual paper book?
    - I really enjoy both to be honest. I love cracking the spine on a new book, but I love my huge library in my purse.

6.  Least favorite chore?
    - Dishes. Fuck that noise.

7.  If you could vacation anywhere right now, where would you go?
    -Ireland. Its my dream in life.

8.  Hobbies?
    - I write here or there, but mostly I just sleep. Play WoW every once in a while.

9.  Favorite ice cream?
    - I don't really like ice cream. Italian ice is the way to go!

10. Do you collect anything?
    - I used to collect coins, and had a nice collection. Not so much anymore.

• Hi everyone!! My username is just my initials and meow, also it makes me think of a tiny cat being an MC which would be awesome. Posted a few times here. Been on the knot since August 2015 after getting engaged in July. Although I never cared about wedding things in my life, I went wedding obsessed anyway, but me and fiance decided to avoid wedding talk until we found our apartment. We moved in together September and finally decided when to get married (May 2017). And now with a 22 month long engagement, I can't wait to do all the wedding planning stuff!

I'm 25, born and raised New Yorker from Queens. I'm Dominican but my Spanish speaking sucks. Biggest pet peeve are annoying-Brooklyn-hipster-transplants stealing our culture and causing our rent to rise. Just graduated in May 2015. I work in an architecture firm, not yet licensed architect.  

Ehh, I'm extremely shy in person but secretly an extrovert. I'm an epileptic which I'm not ashamed of cause I'm really proud of what I've done despite my disorder. I practice kung fu, I'm a traditional artist (Oil, watercolor, etc), trying to learn calligraphy, I still own a Super NES and Nintendo 64 and can beat anyone in Super Smash bros. Oh, I'm also the biggest Beatle fan you've ever known, I used to collect their unreleased audio and rare video and stopped when I reached 8k files and had no more room. Yes, listening to the Beatles while they were asking strangers for directions for an hour is very interesting to me.

So hi!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2016
    1.  Favorite Drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)? For a sampling of some of my favorite drinks, I encourage you to look here, and then join in ;-)

Favorite non-alcoholic drinks are hot tea and iced tea.

2.  A life experience that made you a stronger person? I reserve the right to contemplate and return with an answer at a later date. . .

We went to the same college and he was helping me through a dreaded chemistry class.

I just finished "Everybody Rise" by Stephanie Clifford and I'm getting ready to start "The Wonder Garden" by Lauren Acampora.

Paper!!!!!  From the library!!!

Dishes- dries my hands out ><  And laundry. . . I hate folding and putting the clothes away.

Hawaii.  Or back to Ireland.

8.  Hobbies?
    Crafting, drawing/painting (traditional and digital), reading, board gaming, online gaming.  I want to start getting into making dollhouses.

9.  Favorite ice cream?
    Coconut Cream Pie gelato

Cats, tea cups and saucers, coffee mugs, books, handbags, makeup

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• LD1970 said:

@glasgowtolondon I wish you'd been around Monday night when H & I had to talk a friend down off the figurative ledge.  It wasn't a gross convo like that, but definitely lots of single people drama - the friend is younger, 26, and a young 26 (I met him when we were in a show together), and my god, the drama.  I think theater people can be more dramatic in general, but all I know is I came off that night saying to H, "Man, I'm so glad to be 45 and married."  Yeesh.

Oh I'm completely happy not to have to live it anymore, but I want to hear the drama! Especially if I don't have to do it in person ;)

• Okay, random questions:

1.  Favorite Drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)?
    G&T with a slice of lime all day long, but irl diet coke because my killjoy company doesn't allow drinking on the job.

Leaving home as teenager and having to support myself from a young age. Looking back now I really don't know how I did it.

r>3.  How did you meet SO/FI/DH?
    Through mutual friends. He pretty much stayed at mine from the night we met onwards and we've been inseparable ever since.

The girl who saved the king of Sweden.
    Actual, real books. You can't drop a kindle in the bath and dry it on the radiator.

All of them! But putting away dry washing tops the leaderboard. Our spare room is covered in clothes, FI calls it my floor-drobe.

Topical right now as we are trying to decide whether to honeymoon and if we do where to go! I've always wanted to go to Iceland though.

8.  Hobbies?
    Netball (I might have mentioned....), and I really love to crochet. Right now my circle are heavy into procreation so its all about the baby blankets.

9.  Favorite ice cream?
    No thank you. Savoury all the way for me.

I really like old royal memorabilia, wouldn't say I actively collect it but I have quite a lot.

• 1.  Favorite Drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)? Non alcoholic - any type/flavor of tea. Alcoholic - Flaming Blue Ferrari.
    2.  A life experience that made you a stronger person? Taking care of my grandmother who was diagnosed with cancer. She was terminal and wanted to come back to her house to live out her final days. It was hard to watch her go through so much but she was a strong lady and I learned a lot about her and myself during that time.
    3.  How did you meet SO/FI/DH? @spockforprez I met my H on Ok Cupid too!
    4.  What book are you reading right now? Or last book you read? The last book I read was a manual for work but the last one I read for pleasure was The Lovely Bones.
    5.  E-Reader or actual paper book? Both but I love the smell/feel of books.
    6.  Least favorite chore? Dishes. Definitely dishes.
    7.  If you could vacation anywhere right now, where would you go? A tour of Italy, starting in the north and ending at the Almafi Coast and a stay at the Hotel Onda Verde.
    8.  Hobbies? Cooking, reading and dancing. I heard a comedian make a joke about people with a low dance threshold who start dancing when they here music no matter what's playing. That's me. 
    9.  Favorite ice cream? Ben  & Jerry's Phish Food.
    10. Do you collect anything? Nope. 
  • Okay, random questions:

8.  Hobbies?
    9.  Favorite ice cream?

WOW.  I did not mean to post and run, but I ended up calling in sick yesterday and spending the day in bed, so I was not on at all.  When I came back and saw 4 pages I was afraid there was drama, but nope, just a lot of cool new interesting people.  Hi everyone!  And I can't really take credit:  someone PM'ed me asking for advice on joining in, which led me to realize that we hadn't had a lurker thread in ages.  And the rest is history.

@Glasgowtolondon, IDK if they have that function anymore, but when I was a TK youngun, you had a little guestbook that went with your rudimentary wedding site.  And it defaulted to unprotected.  And several people saw fit to C&P my vent about my then-FMIL to my guestbook.  I learned real fast.

On to the questions, above:

Alcoholic:  big fan of Sapphire & tonics, but TBH wine is easier.  I like a good zinfandel (the real kind, not white zin) or pinot noir.  Something I can wrap y mouth around.  <--- dirty

Non-alcoholic:  Fresca.  I didn't even know they were still making this stuff until a co-worker re-introduced me to it years ago.  Now I'm hooked.

Oh, gosh.  Where to start?  I'm going with DD's infancy.  DH quit his job to go back to grad school full time for a finance degree about 6 months before the financial markets crashed.  His program went from having a 100% placement rate (we live in a major banking city) to new grads competing with laid off workers with 10+ years of experience.  I got pregnant right before the shit hit the fan.  Before that, we figured DH would finish his program, land a cushy new gig in time for the baby's birth, and we'd live happily ever after. 

That's not quite how it worked out, and she was almost 2 before he landed something full-time in his field.  And she was a challenging baby who also never slept.  We were stressed, and ended up in marriage counseling for several months.  But a piece at a time, we worked everything out.  So now whenever something goes wrong, we're like "At least it's not as bad as 2009."  I really do think that made us stronger, as a couple and a family.

We used to work together.  He sat on the other side of my cube wall.  I was new and he had been there for several months, so I would go running to him with questions.  We got to talking, which turned into lunches, which eventually turned into a house in the suburbs with two kids and two cats.

I am re-reading Pride and Prejudice for the 4000th time right now, I'm just to the part where [spoiler alert, lol] Lydia and Wickham are married. 

E-reader.  I always have my phone on me, so it's become my medium of choice.

Of the ones I've outsourced: cleaning toilets.
    Of the ones I still do: scooping litter boxes

French Polynesia.  I'd tour the islands.  Probably start in Tahiti, then Moorea, and go from there.

8.  Hobbies?

I used to do a lot of animal-related stuff:  I volunteered at an animal shelter, managed a feral cat colony, fostered a litter of kittens.  Now my main hobby is trying to raise my kids to be good people.

9.  Favorite ice cream?

I used to love One Sweet Whirled (Ben & Jerry's) more than anything, but they discontinued it years ago.  I've gotten kind of lactose intolerant lately (TMI?), so I've been avoiding ice cream recently.

My favorite collection is Alden Fruit Vinegar advertising cards with birds on them.  They're pretty niche, and I've built up a decent collection so one of my goals is to get them matted and framed so I can display them nicely.  And this set of antique Italian silver zodiac sign coasters.  And yellowware bowls.  In summary, old stuff.

• 1.  Favorite Drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)? Alcoholic - champagne. Non-alcoholic - Diet Coke.
    2.  A life experience that made you a stronger person? Working 2 jobs, 7 days a week right after college. My parents were bleeding themselves dry trying to take care of the hot mess my sister got herself in to and I knew that I couldn't burden them as well. So I put on my big girl panties and worked two jobs that I absolutely hated for 5 years, just so that I could take care of myself and not rely on anyone else. It paid off - I now have a MUCH better job and live a lot more comfortably, but I know that if it came to it again, I'll do what it takes to get by and make it work.
    3.  How did you meet SO/FI/DH? Through mutual friends. We went to high school together but didn't meet until about 8 years later. 
    4.  What book are you reading right now? Or last book you read? Currently I'm reading The Stand - it's taking me forever to get through.
    5.  E-Reader or actual paper book? E-Reader for sure
    6.  Least favorite chore? Mopping the floor. I HATE cleaning the floors. 
    7.  If you could vacation anywhere right now, where would you go? Aruba - my coworker was telling me how much she thinks I would love it and now I want to go (especially as I watch the awful snow coming down outside)
    8.  Hobbies? Obsessing over my dog, running, Netflix binging
    9.  Favorite ice cream? Ben & Jerry's Spectacular Speculoos Cookie Core 
    10. Do you collect anything? Nope. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2016
    1.  Favorite Drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)? Alcoholic: Beer, nonalcoholic-Sparkling water and coffee (my love for them is equal).

2.  A life experience that made you a stronger person? Probably being intimately involved in the 'process' of my best friend having cancer, getting treatment, relapsing, and ultimately declining in health and passing away.  I feel like I didn't (and couldn't) *do* much for her but be there for her and her family.  However, I learned so much from her as a person and through the experience. 

3.  How did you meet SO/FI/DH? We were set up by friends.  

4.  What book are you reading right now? Or last book you read? Haven't read in awhile.  I have an amazon GC and I'm like paralyzed in making a decision on what to get...I want to get some books, but I want ALL OF THEM and NOW.  ;) Very, very FWP.  LOL

5.  E-Reader or actual paper book? E-reader

6.  Least favorite chore? All of them? HA.  Cleaning bathrooms.  I'm counting down to DefConn being out of daycare so I can hire a maid service to clean my bathrooms and mop my floors twice a month. 

7.  If you could vacation anywhere right now, where would you go? A beach...Preferably all inclusive, but I wouldn't turn down almost any beach right now. 

8.  Hobbies? Adult Coloring?  ;) 

9.  Favorite ice cream? Mint Chocolate Chip

10. Do you collect anything? Nope
  •  1. My fav drink is red wine or a fruity martini.

2. I think just life experiences in general and realizing that I God loves me and will never leave me. He Got This, yo.

3.Girl, let's hope he will hurry up and leave the witness protection program, so we can meet.:)

4.Nothing, just the Bible and People in the grocery store line. Bad.

5. Paper book. I have bad eyes.

6. Trimming the hedges in my back patio. I'm getting ready to pull those puppies up.

7. Greece

8. I love to travel, hang out with family and friends. I need a real hobby, though.

9.Butter pecan and real gelato.

10. No. I hate clutter, so no knickknacks or anything like that.

• Heffalump said:

You people are ruining everything.  I tried to order coloring books for my kids off Amazon for next month's car trip, and I had to wade through mandalas, architecture, flowers of South America, and god only knows what else.  Although I was thinking about reordering a biology coloring book.  I had one years ago (before they were cool, I think it was assigned for one of my classes) and it was awesome.  I found myself doodling amoebas and parameciums (paramecia?) during a really boring employee survey results meeting earlier this week.
    I'm on the adult coloring book bandwagon too. But I need a better pencil sharpener now- woe is me! It's supposed to relieve stress, not cause more. 

• Heffalump said:

You people are ruining everything.  I tried to order coloring books for my kids off Amazon for next month's car trip, and I had to wade through mandalas, architecture, flowers of South America, and god only knows what else.  Although I was thinking about reordering a biology coloring book.  I had one years ago (before they were cool, I think it was assigned for one of my classes) and it was awesome.  I found myself doodling amoebas and parameciums (paramecia?) during a really boring employee survey results meeting earlier this week.
    I'm on the adult coloring book bandwagon too. But I need a better pencil sharpener now- woe is me! It's supposed to relieve stress, not cause more. 
    Manual, or electric?  We bought an electric that is meh, but for manual, this thing is incredible.  It's German, and I don't know why the Germans make things so well, but they really do.

http://www.amazon.com/Staedtler-Sharpener-Pencils-Colored-510/dp/B005DDJZVY/ref=pd_sim_229_3?ie=UTF8&amp;dpID=41UYWT+YuKL&amp;dpSrc=sims&amp;preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&amp;refRID=1WA04Z5GEPEDKYGF0KRK

• Heffalump said:
    Heffalump said:

Manual, or electric?  We bought an electric that is meh, but for manual, this thing is incredible.  It's German, and I don't know why the Germans make things so well, but they really do.

http://www.amazon.com/Staedtler-Sharpener-Pencils-Colored-510/dp/B005DDJZVY/ref=pd_sim_229_3?ie=UTF8&amp;dpID=41UYWT+YuKL&amp;dpSrc=sims&amp;preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&amp;refRID=1WA04Z5GEPEDKYGF0KRK

Oooooooooo. Manual. 
    Yeah, Germans rock at engineering 'n' stuff. Incidentally my husband just started taking German language lessons. Danke! 

• Heffalump said:
    Heffalump said:

Oooooooooo. Manual. 
    Yeah, Germans rock at engineering 'n' stuff. Incidentally my husband just started taking German language lessons. Danke! 
    Bitte schoen!
  • 1.  Favorite Drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)? For Alcoholic my drink of choice is a cosmo, non-alcoholic is diet pepsi (does anyone feel like it's different after they took out the aspartame? I really don't and feel like they probably just changed the name of it slightly for their ingredients but who knows...)

2.  A life experience that made you a stronger person? Getting diagnosed with thyroid cancer while in college and missing 4 weeks out of a 10 week quarter and still passing 3/4 classes. I withdrew from the 4th it was just too much. I still have cancer unfortunately mine wasn't responsive to radiation but it hasn't grown in 4 years so I'm just in the waiting phase until it does something if anything.

3.  How did you meet SO/FI/DH? We were both co-ops at the company we work for now. He asked me out and I said I wasn't looking for a bf (I'd just gotten out of 3 bad relationships in a row). He was patient and kept asking and finally I agreed. 

4.  What book are you reading right now? Or last book you read? I just finished The Boston Girl for a book club I just joined and am currently reading a book called The Tenth Chamber that I got free through book bub. Before those 2 I finished book 2 of the game of thrones books so I decided to take a break and read some quick reads before diving into book 3.

5.  E-Reader or actual paper book? Well I like both. I love my kindle for convenience and so I can read on either my phone or kindle whichever is with me. But sometimes I buy a paperback just to have the feel of a book in my hands!

6.  Least favorite chore? I hate folding laundry. I don't mind sorting, throwing the clothes in, or switching to the dryer but folding is just awful...

7.  If you could vacation anywhere right now, where would you go? New Zealand, I'm dying to see where they filmed Hobbiton! 

8.  Hobbies? Reading, playing with my hamsters, watching netflix, playing violin, baking, sometimes I play WOW but I haven't in a while.

9.  Favorite ice cream? Ben and Jerry's Phis Food 

10. Do you collect anything? Shot glasses from places I visit. Sometimes people give them to me for the places they visit but I usually just use those as shot glasses b/c they don't have any meaning to me, the other ones I keep on a shelf. The exception is when DH went to Malaysia for work while we were dating I told him to get me one and I guess they don't really drink hard alcohol there very much because he said it was really hard to find. I love that one!

I also have a collection of red rose tea figurines. My grandma used to collect them and as a child she'd give me the duplicates she got. When she died I got her collection and despite not drinking tea I continued on for the next collection but have since stopped.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2016
    For all of you that mentioned hating to fold laundry.  I concur.  My solution is that I hang everything up.  Still sucks, but it's easier than folding and less likely for wrinkled clothes. Our dresser only holds socks, underwear, bras (we each have 2 drawers, one for socks, one for undergarments).  And DH only likes one brand/style of socks and I have a preferred brand/style of socks, so I usually just throw the socks in the drawers and we any two socks we grab are likely to match. Maybe it's a bit lazy but it makes it much less stressful. 

And for the pencil sharpener stuff, I agree that Staedtler rocks.  They are a top name for drafting supplies.  Their pencils are awesome too.

ETA: And for all the e-reader people, if you don't know of it already, check out the OverDrive App.  It connects to your library account(s) so you can download/check-out free library rentals to your e-reader. They have digital books, audio books, and I believe you can even movies.  The newer hot item books often have wait list, but they usually move fast due to multiple copies.

• pegasuskatpegasuskat member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited January 2016
    Favorite drink - ice water

Life experience - I've had 2 - the first was having open heart surgery at 32 and finding out I have a hereditary problem that isn't going away, so dealing with it ever since.  I was really worried my kids would have to grow up without me, but I made it and am still fighting. The second was bringing my grandmother to my state to take of her after my grandfather died, she had alzheimers, and it was tough being the one to make all the decisions.  My mom, aunt and uncle would have left her in the nursing home and I promised my grandfather I would do it as long as I could, she lived 2 more years -almost 1 in my home, then the last in a wonderful facility.

How I met H - I saw him playing on a ball team with my now BIL, flirted and here we are, married 31 years.

ereader or book - I really like books, but am slowly getting used to my pad.

least fav chore - dishes and putting away laundry

vacation - Paris

hobbies - I'm very involved in my church - I love working with the kids, so I lead Awana, VBS and help with summer camp.  I also just took on the role of Assoc. VBS training for our whole area, so very busy. I also like to go play trivia with DD and a few of my friends.

fav ice cream - bubblegum, but its to hard to find!

collect - moss rose china pieces - my grandmother let me play with her tea set as a child, and after she gave it to me I have hunted down matching pieces
  • Hey there.

Lurker for years, I found the knot when I was engaged during college; got roasted on P&E, naturally, then turned tail and lurked here. Never did get married and now living in sin with a great guy, not sure if we will ever get married. ;)

I'm a history teacher-turned-pastry chef-turned leader in the happiest place on earth, so if anyone ever has questions about all things Florida, I don't mind helping if I can.

Here's hoping I keep the nerve to post a little more frequently!

• 1.  Favorite Drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)? Wine. Wine is love, wine is life.
    2.  A life experience that made you a stronger person? I was a military brat growing up. It forced me over time to learn to small talk, although I'm only really good at making superficial connections. :/
    3.  How did you meet SO/FI/DH? His fraternity. I was there through a friend who knew some of the guys, he was full of liquid courage.
    4.  What book are you reading right now? Or last book you read? I keep reading the first like 3 pages of "Devil in the White City". It's honestly one of my favorite books and I've read it a few times. I saw it mentioned somewhere and decided to re-read it.
    5.  E-Reader or actual paper book? I personally prefer an e-reader. I use the Kindle app on my iPad.
    6.  Least favorite chore? All of them. I really hate doing the floors though. DH will usually do the sweeping (we have all tile floors which is so nice).
    7.  If you could vacation anywhere right now, where would you go? Somewhere tropical and isolate with plenty of alcohol. The Maldives or the Seychelles are on my bucket list.
    8.  Hobbies? Wine.
    9.  Favorite ice cream? Anything not chocolate. I really dislike chocolate ice cream.
    10. Do you collect anything? Wine. Too bad I keep drinking my collection.
  • Heffalump said:
    Heffalump said:

Oh yeah, that one is awesome!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• 3.Girl, let's hope he will hurry up and leave the witness protection program, so we can meet.:)

I didn't really have any serious relationships during my 20's because I never found the right person worth my effort.  My parents were getting anxious and kept pushing me to get out more and find a nice guy. I'm a big believer that life will usually work out, maybe not how you expect, but things tend to fall into place when they are meant to. My theory was that when the time was right, "he" would somehow come into my life.  And I didn't need to go out searching... fate/god/whatever would put us in the right place at the right time to meet. I used to jokingly tell my mom that he could just show up at my door someday.  I didn't expect to actually meet him on my front porch, but it worked out that way in the end. And we had lived next door to each other for 5 years before meeting. I sometimes think we could have had an extra 5 years together if we met earlier, but, if we had met earlier, I wouldn't have given him the time of day and it never would have turned into what we have now.  We weren't the people we needed to be for each other yet.  Things needed to work out on their own timing.  So, don't lose hope... it will happen when it's meant to.  Maybe right now you are both just working on becoming the perfect match for each other.

• 1.  Favorite Drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)?  
    vodka & cranberry, non-alcoholic would be water with lots of ice

I resigned from a job I had been at for 7 years, 6 months before our wedding.  FI was going to relocate to the area where I was living but then I didn't have a job.  So I moved back to my hometown (where he was), jobless and with a wedding to finish paying for.  I was able to temp for a few months until I was hired on as FT in a new field.  
    The Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham
    Usually an E-Reader (Kindle app on my phone) but I miss having a good paperback
    All of them?  Probably dusting
    A tropical island or an Alaskan cruise
    8.  Hobbies?
    Reading, volunteering, Real Housewives...
    9.  Favorite ice cream?
    Vanilla on its own or with something mixed in
    Not now - trying to de-clutter and downsize.

• ZOMG do we have colored text again?!

• VarunaTT said:
    I bought some of the adult coloring books.  They're supposed to reduce stress.  They didn't mean reduce stress for Varuna-type personalities.  I have to get too matchy and color perfection and all sorts of other stuff.  I finally stepped away from it.
    Same here.  It's not for me.
  • I'm on the adult coloring book bandwagon too. But I need a better pencil sharpener now- woe is me! It's supposed to relieve stress, not cause more. 
    I've found that microwaving my pencils for 5-10 seconds before sharpening them helps a lot. 

@tawillers and @VarunaTT it's more expensive, but you might enjoy alcohol ink markers more than colored pencils. They're awesome for blending and color matching. I'm a die hard Copic fan and think they're the best, but there are also cheaper brands like promarkers and spectrum noir out there. 
  • Hi all!  I'm Frenchiekin... we have a French bulldog/kin is a play on my married name.  

I'm in MA near Boston and have lived in MA my whole life.  I come from a family of cash bars and TK led me through planning our wedding.  I'll be 30 next month and my H is 31.  Married this past October and we are now house hunting.  Our Frenchie is our child, though we will likely/hopefully add human ones sometime next year.

I joined TK back in 2010 I believe when I was MOH in my bestie's wedding.  I only lurked then, fell off the planet, then began lurking again when I got engaged a couple of years ago.  I mostly lurk now but like to chime in on WR questions and live for the shit that goes down on E.  Some of the funniest women on the planet can be found on TK... and I also can't look away from the BSC drama.  I don't think I've been flamed... I caught onto the tone and general views of the boards pretty early on so I continued to lurk and learn until I was comfortable commenting.

Tacos, margaritas, puppies and wanderlust pretty much sum me up.  

Also, I love lists.

Margaritas, 100%.  My bridal shower was Mexican-themed and I got about 4 bottles of tequila and other marg-supplies as gifts from different guests.  My people know me.

Losing a job I absolutely loved for a company I adored back when my H (then-BF) and I first moved in together 4 years ago.  The company went under and it was devastating and we were broke (my FI also had a job loss around the same time).  We are fully recovered now but I still miss that job every day.

We actually went to high school together, but didn't know each other.  We had a class together and had secret crushes on each other but never spoke.  We reconnected at the hometown bar on a Thanksgiving Eve 6 years ago and have been together since.

I keep trying to start Not That Kind of Girl but never allow myself enough time to read.  Something I'm working on.

Paper book.  I'm technology-averse and/or poor (see house-hunting).

All of them?  Probably cleaning the tub.

SO MANY PLACES.  If money were no object, it would probably be the Seychelles or Maldives or somewhere equally exotic.  Because fuck January in Boston.

8.  Hobbies?
    Barre, taking drives with H to explore new places, and I am so into this new adult coloring thing.

9.  Favorite ice cream?
    ZOMG The Tonight Dough.  It's the new Jimmy Fallon-themed (what?) ice cream from Ben & Jerry's.  I am a cookie-dough person, and it's cookie-dough on crack.  Delicious, delicious crack.

There's probably a French bulldog-related item in every room of our apartment.  S&P shakers, scotch tape dispenser, doormat, everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards