Moms and Maids
Options

Gift for Moms as Thank you for throwing Shower

Not sure if everyone does this, but I know both of my sisters did it for their showers... I am trying to come up with ideas for gifts for my mom and FMIL for throwing my bridal shower. The shower is in January, so not sure getting flowers would be appropriate, like a flower pot to put in the garden... I was thinking about getting them gift certificates for a massage, so they can use it before the wedding. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Gift for Moms as Thank you for throwing Shower

• Options
    I think the masage is nice. I gave my MOH a nice serving platter that matches her dishes, I've seen wine and fun napkins/bar accessories. 

• Options
    My mom and MIL threw me a shower together. As a thank you I got my mother a cool little indoor plant of decorative peppers, she loves indoor plants especially anything kind of weird or different and as I'd never seen these before I went for it. For my MIL she loves wine so I got her a nice bottle of wine. My aunt also helped a lot so I got her some cute little candles I had seen her admiring in a store when we were shopping.

If your mom and FMIL really like massages then that sounds like a great gift. You don't have to get them both the same thing though. Also a gift isn't necessary but I always like to give the host(s) something because hosts typically put a lot of time/money into events. With each gift I included a nice heartfelt thank you note as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe take them out for a nice meal at a restaurant they like? (Note: you don't have to take them both out at the same time.)

The massage idea is nice too if you think they would go for it.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! These are all great ideas. I know my mom would use the massage, not sure about FMIL, so I may need to do some more investigating on what she could like/use...
  • Options

Flowers are absolutely appropriate any time of year... You just have to take care not to let them sit in a cold car where they'll catch a frost (hence why florists bag them up in a plastic bag before delivering when it's cold out)...  If FTD can ship to Minnesota in January, you can give your Mom and MIL flowers for your January shower!

Massages are one of those deeply personal things that those who frequently get them have their person they use...  I'm one that if someone got me a massage while a wonderful gesture, I'd likely re-gift or it'd never get used, so it's really important that you do check to see if that'd be something MIL would want/like - if you get a lukewarm reaction - go for something else!

• Options
    drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    I once got a tea pot and a bag of tea as a thank you for hosting a shower. My friend knew I loved tea and didn't have a tea pot to brew loose leaf tea. It was a simple, thoughtful and lovely gift. My point, the best thank you gifts always consider the recipient.

With that said, a massage is an awesome gift, but know your audience.

• Options
    thanks again ladies for your help! my shower was this past Sunday, and after doing some thinking about what our moms enjoy plus an idea I found on pinterest... we did a small bouquet of flowers and a gift certificate for a mani and pedi with a card that said "mani thanks"... both of them loved it!
  • Options
    thanks again ladies for your help! my shower was this past Sunday, and after doing some thinking about what our moms enjoy plus an idea I found on pinterest... we did a small bouquet of flowers and a gift certificate for a mani and pedi with a card that said "mani thanks"... both of them loved it!
    Ha, I love that!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards