Canada-Alberta

What are Brides Paying for when it comes to attendants and gifts?

When it comes to the bridesmais?  What are you getting as your bridesmaid gifts? Who all are you buying gifts for besides the attendants?

Re: What are Brides Paying for when it comes to attendants and gifts?

• cjkostiukcjkostiuk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im buying gifts for my 2 bridesmaids, and the 2 groomsmen. Im thinking of getting something small for my 2 adorable nieces who are the flower girls. I think thats it. Who else are we suposed to buy for? 
  • edited December 2011
    That is what I am asking as I am not sure.  I am buying for my bridesmaids and groomsmen, my 3 flowergirls (which is my daughter and 2 nieces) and the ring bearer (which is my fiance`s nephew).  I am wondering about anyone reading at the ceremony, the singers (they are friends, who are singing for free), the ushers.  I don`t know.
  • cjkostiukcjkostiuk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe something small to say thank you. 
  • edited December 2011
    We gave cards to everyone who helped us with the ceremony (readers, musicians, person who handed out programs. videographer friend) and to our bridal party.  We gave gifts only to our parents, bridesmaids, groomsmen & flower girls.  I think our budget was $60 per person.
  • edited December 2011
    My attendants are getting Pandora bracelets with either a bead in our wedding color (eggplant) or their first initial. They just had a sale where if you spend $150 you got a braclet free ($80 value). I missed it but if you subscribe to their email list, you will get notifications of promotions. I'm hoping to spend no more than $80.

FI's attendents will get something specific to their interest (BIL likes hunting, my cousin likes golf).

We will also give a gift (maybe gift card) to our MC, and if we decide to have readers/ushers we would gift them something as well.

Speaking from experience being a BM/MOH 5 times, wedding related gifts BLOW. Get them something they'll actually use/want, not a silver monogramed keychain with your wedding date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards