Chit Chat
Options

What's going on this weekend?

2»

Re: What's going on this weekend?

• Options
    Good luck with the chemo @CMGragain! I def do not miss those days.

• Options
    lyndausvi said:

am I the only one who doesn't do braless days?   Bras just don't bother me.  Well some do, but then I put on one that doesn't.

I don't really get it either. I always feel like I need support without one. I have comfortable bras I guess. And I have D's.
  • Options
    Hope this weekend goes by quickly for you @CMGragain and the side effects aren't too terribly bad.

I don't get the braless thing either. I'm 36DDD and feel like I need to wear one. Mine are comfortable so no big deal.
  • Options
    I hope things go by quickly @CMGragain and you're back to feeling better soon!

As for me, doing some chores and waiting out the weather, mostly. I'm rewatching Sherlock on Netflix and I'll probably do some cross stitching. I am wild and crazy, let me tell you.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

As for me, doing some chores and waiting out the weather, mostly. I'm rewatching Sherlock on Netflix and I'll probably do some cross stitching. I am wild and crazy, let me tell you.
    I'm going to start on my FDIL's Christmas stocking today. I cross stitched son-in-law's this fall. I'm waiting out weather too mostly vicariously since H is stuck in NC.
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    am I the only one who doesn't do braless days?   Bras just don't bother me.  Well some do, but then I put on one that doesn't.
    Nope - they don't bother me either!

@CMGragain - sending you big hugs while you deal with the chemo after affects.  

No big plans for the weekend.  housework, shopping, and laundry today, going to fill up 2 crockpots tomorrow before I go into work, I am way behind right now.  DH likes leftovers as much as I do so that ought to knock out a few meals this week.

Our weather is on the milder side for Michigan, meaning yeah it is the 20's but very little wind and no more snow for the next few days.  To all those dealing with this huge snow storm, stay safe and hunker down.
  • Options

I'm going to start on my FDIL's Christmas stocking today. I cross stitched son-in-law's this fall. I'm waiting out weather too mostly vicariously since H is stuck in NC.
    I really want to do stockings! I don't have much sewing experience, though, so that holds me back. I think I may try to do them in 2017.
  • Options

I really want to do stockings! I don't have much sewing experience, though, so that holds me back. I think I may try to do them in 2017.
    I also really want to do stockings! A friend of my grandmother's knitted a series of stockings for my parents and brothers and me when I was little, and growing up I took it for granted. Now as I look forward to starting a family with future-husband, I really want to personalize stockings for us, too, but I have zero knitting skills. I hadn't thought of cross-stitch, though! I may have to look into that. 

• Options

I also really want to do stockings! A friend of my grandmother's knitted a series of stockings for my parents and brothers and me when I was little, and growing up I took it for granted. Now as I look forward to starting a family with future-husband, I really want to personalize stockings for us, too, but I have zero knitting skills. I hadn't thought of cross-stitch, though! I may have to look into that. 
    Back when my kids were born, you could find kits in craft stores for cross stitch stockings. I made stockings for me, H and three kids. I bought the ones for my son-in-law and future daughter in-law on Amazon because I couldn't find any in stores. The selection isn't all that good nowadays. I would caution you to read the reviews. They tend to be pretty complicated. I had a friend actually sew the stocking together since I don't have a sewing machine. I'm glad I got back into cross stitching - it keeps me from eating when I'm sitting in front of the TV - LOL! I need to lose at least 10 more pounds before DS's wedding. Good luck- if I could help you I would!
  • Options
    nerdwife said:

I have a funeral five hours away tomorrow. I'm hoping that we will come back that same night, but my dad might want to stay. :/

Sunday I plan to do not a damn thing besides watch football. I intend to not even wear a bra.

Sorry about the funeral :(

But I support the no bra thing. In my home, we call it sports bra sunday.
    I call it boob jail, as in I hate when my boobs go to jail.

• Options

Back when my kids were born, you could find kits in craft stores for cross stitch stockings. I made stockings for me, H and three kids. I bought the ones for my son-in-law and future daughter in-law on Amazon because I couldn't find any in stores. The selection isn't all that good nowadays. I would caution you to read the reviews. They tend to be pretty complicated. I had a friend actually sew the stocking together since I don't have a sewing machine. I'm glad I got back into cross stitching - it keeps me from eating when I'm sitting in front of the TV - LOL! I need to lose at least 10 more pounds before DS's wedding. Good luck- if I could help you I would!
    The Dimensions brand kits for stockings are really beautiful (although I've heard the included felt backing is not good quality so maybe switch that out). I buy most of my patterns and kits on 123stitch.com because the selection in craft stores is crap, or if they do have a good selection (Hobby Lobby) the prices are double what 123stitch or Amazon sells them for!
  • Options

The Dimensions brand kits for stockings are really beautiful (although I've heard the included felt backing is not good quality so maybe switch that out). I buy most of my patterns and kits on 123stitch.com because the selection in craft stores is crap, or if they do have a good selection (Hobby Lobby) the prices are double what 123stitch or Amazon sells them for!
    I'll have to check out 123stitch - thanks. Yes, I buy backing material because the one included are not good. Neither of the kits I bought were Dimensions but I did see some of them. Can't remember why I didn't buy theirs. Maybe it was the patterns were too juvenile or the size - I was trying to find fairly large ones to go with what I already have. Hopefully I'll have another daughter-in-law someday (one unattached son) and grandchildren to stitch stockings for.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    My kids loved their felt applique Christmas Stockings.  My daughter actually gave hers to her young son to use this year.  I am starting a new one for the new baby.

I actually have a counted cross stitch kit I bought for $1 at a garage sale.  PM me if you want it.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    About bras:  I had to buy new ones recently, due to my weight loss.  Has anybody tried these super comfortable Bali "Comfort Revolution" bras?  They feel wonderful.  DD won't consider them.  She is insistent on her favorite Victoria's Secret bras, but I can't wear underwires, due to scarring from radiation.  I really love these new ones because they are so comfortable around my back.  DD did not inherit her breast size from me!
    Soma has some awesome non-underwire but supportive bras.  DD, who is pregnant, is typically a 32DD but is currently a 38DDD.  Her typical underwire support digs into her.  She bought two today with no underwire but fantastic support and comfort.  Have you looked there?

Prayers for a comfortable weekend.
  • Options
    Sent out invites, went cazy because I lost my w2 then found it in the trash outside, did taxes, cleaned house, tomorrow we are ring shopping, tux shopping, and going for pizza. Yay! Its all getting done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards