Wedding Etiquette Forum

online RSVPs

Let me start by saying that I don't have to worry about this for quite some time, but I was looking at another wedding board today where online RSVPs seem very common. I was under the impression that when you mail your invitations, the RSVP card is inside with a stamped and addressed response envelope.

My question is, if you're giving people the option to RSVP online, do you still stamp and address the response envelope?

Re: online RSVPs

• I would because it increasing the likelihood that you will receive an RSVP. There was an earlier thread on TK about on line RSVP, and I believe people said they received more RSVPs through the mail.
  • Some people do not like/can't use the online RSVP option and will use the stamped response. Therefore, the stamp should be provided to be polite to the guest that would choose that response method. While online RSVPs seem to have grown in popularity, I personally prefer to not use them for formal invitations if given an alternative option.
  • We did both and all but 2 guests returned the RSVP through the mail. Honestly if I were to do it over I'd just not have the online RSVP it was a waste of time to set up though it didn't take that long. For the one guest who used the online RSVP it was because her invite was lost in the mail so after realizing this had happened I gave her the website which had all of the even info and she just RSVP'ed on that. Had I not had RSVP setup I'm sure she would have texted or emailed their RSVP. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would give the mailed RSVP option no matter what.
  • I would always still provide the mailed RSVP option.

We did both- RSVP card, and a link to our wedding website where guests could RSVP. Most responded via the card. 
  • I agree with PPs the overwhelming majority of my RSVPs were mailed (I provide addressed, stamped cards) even though I included an email option as well.

The people that did RSVP via emails were usually those with dietary questions or restrictions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards