Snarky Brides

My Bridesmaids May Have Pneumonia, But Look At All My Lovely Pictures!

Re: My Bridesmaids May Have Pneumonia, But Look At All My Lovely Pictures!

• edited January 2016
    A friend of mine from high school was in a winter wedding where the BMs didn't/couldn't wear any kind of coat/shawl/whatever during the photos outside. The bride wore a white bolero-type fuzzy jacket and the groom and his GMs had their suit jackets.The BMs definitely looked cold in many of the photos.

Oh, but she did give them mittens as a gift that they could wear.
  • nerdwife said:
    I like that the bride gets to wear a shawl in the pictures but not the bridesmaids.

(I mean, clearly that is the least of the issues here, but just sayin)
    That was my first thought!  Because blizzard pictures with everyone bundled up in coats and gloves wouldn't fit her 'vision' in her wedding album, no doubt.  My wedding was at the end of May, and if I have a pic of anyone outside (I don't think I do), they're in a minimum of fleece, windbreaker, and umbrella or poncho (lots of rain).  There is such a thing as taking pictures inside during inclement weather if your party isn't dressed appropriately.
  • I'm having a winter wedding. We are making sure everything is heated. I'm a wimp when it comes to cold, so if someone else is cold, I will be too. Moreover, I'm not trying to turn the people I love into Popsicles.

• Brother and sister in law got married in in the winter.They wanted outside pictures. I refused to go out... It was like negative 3. Strapless dresses no covers... not happening. The other BM's followed my lead. Sorry if it made me the bad person.  Wasn't going to happen.

You were not the bad person in this scenario.
  • Just looking at those makes me cold.  In the WP shot, maybe I'm projecting, but a couple of those BMs look like they're freezing their asses off.  The guys have their jackets, and the girls have bare arms!
  • Ok I was diggin the photos until I saw that her poor bridesmaids were wearing sleeveless dresses. That is just stupid looking! (besides being so uncomfortable and rude to them) Now if they'd all had coats or shawls on in the pics it would have been beautiful. But geez louise, why would you do that to your friends!

• Those poor girl! We got married January 22 at a ski resort and played it by ear. The day of the wedding it was beautiful and sunny with no wind so we all went out in our jackets and took them off for some photos but there is no way in hell I would have told anyone they had to do that or even go outside in a blizzard!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm cool with the snow photos- but why would you not have your WP wear coats!?!?!

We got married in January- the weather was much nicer than in these pictures. It was pretty windy down by the lake though. We did take some outdoor photos- we and our WP donned coats! Sure, they were all different, but who cares- everyone stayed warm. 
  • Too bad the groomsmen didn't give up their jackets. lol
  • Was in a wedding January 2nd in Maryland. It was... "mild" but still in the high 30s. Birde went back and forth (got engaged Halloween so this is important) with long and short dresses, decided on short and sleeveless.

I mentioned spray tans (I get them often) and other bridesmaids also were going to get them... pregnant bride said since she can't no one else can. We're wearing nude hose and shes giving us pashminas so it doesn't matter anyways. I got growly but my husband is her brother so I kept my mouth shut. When the photographer told us to lose the pashminis for outdoor photos the other bridesmaids spoke up and I loved them for it!

• lnixon8 said:
    Was in a wedding January 2nd in Maryland. It was... "mild" but still in the high 30s. Birde went back and forth (got engaged Halloween so this is important) with long and short dresses, decided on short and sleeveless.

I mentioned spray tans (I get them often) and other bridesmaids also were going to get them... pregnant bride said since she can't no one else can. We're wearing nude hose and shes giving us pashminas so it doesn't matter anyways. I got growly but my husband is her brother so I kept my mouth shut. When the photographer told us to lose the pashminis for outdoor photos the other bridesmaids spoke up and I loved them for it!
    Wow! Did she make sure all her BMs skin tones were no darker than khaki, too??
  • We got married in the blizzard last week and Photog wanted outdoor photos. Those who didn't want to do it stayed inside, though it was just one quick photo outside the doors. I don't get forcing the bridal party or making them take multiple photos. I told my Photog after that if he wanted more photos outside that it would just be H and I outside and not my bridal party.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• "BECAUSE PICTURES!" 

So they basically made the bridesmaids have a snowball fight in expensive dresses that have no sleeves. OMG THEY ARE SO YOUNEEK AND SPONTANEOUS AND FUN!

*********************************************************************************

• lnixon8 said:
    Was in a wedding January 2nd in Maryland. It was... "mild" but still in the high 30s. Birde went back and forth (got engaged Halloween so this is important) with long and short dresses, decided on short and sleeveless.

Wow! Did she make sure all her BMs skin tones were no darker than khaki, too??
    Leg color discrepancy in pictures is a thing, yo. Why else did we all need to be wearing the same MOB-approved hose in the last wedding? (Because that's how matching works - the same shade of sheer hose on different skin tones.)
  • Fuuuuck that.  I would have refused.  Going out in the snow like that would mean I wouldn't be able to move for the next week, thanks to my RA.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards