North Carolina-Outer Banks

Catering question - carving station as part of buffet

Hey guys, I am one of what seems like many of us July 2013 to-be brides!! We have planned a trip to OBX for the Expo weekend, but was trying to get a bit of information beforehand so we can be as prepared as possible when we get to the expo (to avoid being completely overwhelmed). 

I was wondering if anyone has used a caterer who offered a carving station? We are planning on doing a pretty simple buffet (not a plated dinner), but thought a carving station would make it a bit classier. The only problem is, it's hard to search for places who offer this, besides just mass emailing all the caterers at OBX.

Has anyone had a caterer who offered something like this?! Am I crazy for thinking this is possible?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Catering question - carving station as part of buffet

• I think that most caterers offer a carving station, but it varies on how much they charge (it is an extra person, so it typically raises the price).  From my personal experiences, I know that Argyles and Kelly's both do.  I can't remember the specifics on pricing though.
    image June 22, 2012
  • We're using Coastal Provisions for our May wedding. We're having 3 different stations and passed hors d'oeuvres. I was really happy with the different options they had available. But I agree with jendem - most caterers should have carving station options.
  • Both Ortega'z and Ocean Boulevard do from the menus/quotes I got from them!
  • seashells12seashells12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Good Life Gourmet catered my daughter's wedding and we had a carving station. Steve, the owner of Good Life, did the carving.
  • Red Sky Cafe has a carving station as well. The food was so good that we went back that night for dinner! Good luck!
  • Thanks for all the advice!! 

After going to the expo I think we have it narrowed for to Kelly's, Coastal Provisions & Argyles. They all seem like excellent choices, we've got some tough choices ahead of us!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards