Attire & Accessories Forum

Help! My groom wants a purple jacket with black pants - where do I find this?

2»

Re: Help! My groom wants a purple jacket with black pants - where do I find this?

• JCocco219 said:
    I actually love the look!  As long as you get a good quality and its not cheaply made or a tacky color (not sure I love the bright purple) I think it could look very classy and nice!  Sorry I don't have any suggestions on where to go!  Good Luck!!
    I actually did give the OP suggestions on where to find this unusual choice of clothing.  I do have opinions on clothing, and this board is that place to express them.. I did not insult the choice, but I do question it...without resorting to put downs.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    I'm really wondering if this is for real.
    Seriously, why do you even post on this board? You just shit all over everyone's ideas. Any bride or groom that is not wearing what you deem as appropriate, you tell the they're making a mistake and that people will judge them. Enough already! If you want to piss in people's cheerios, go somewhere else. 
    Hm...I thought it was bad Knottie manners to tell someone how to post, or even where they could post an opinion.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    JCocco219 said:
    I actually love the look!  As long as you get a good quality and its not cheaply made or a tacky color (not sure I love the bright purple) I think it could look very classy and nice!  Sorry I don't have any suggestions on where to go!  Good Luck!!
    I actually did give the OP suggestions on where to find this unusual choice of clothing.  I do have opinions on clothing, and this board is that place to express them.. I did not insult the choice, but I do question it...without resorting to put downs.
    Honestly, I was not commenting on anyone else's comments, I feel everyone has the right to post their comments and opinions on here.  My comment was directed only to the OP, sorry if you felt it had anything to do with your comments.  
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    JCocco219 said:
    CMGragain said:
    JCocco219 said:
    Honestly, I was not commenting on anyone else's comments, I feel everyone has the right to post their comments and opinions on here.  My comment was directed only to the OP, sorry if you felt it had anything to do with your comments.  
    No, I was responding only to the post I quoted.  Everyone has a right to their own opinions, and I agree with you.  Climbingwife doesn't seem to like that.  Sorry if I wasn't clear.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • edited January 2016
    CMGragain said:

JCocco219 said:

CMGragain said:

JCocco219 said:

No, I was responding only to the post I quoted.  Everyone has a right to their own opinions, and I agree with you.  Climbingwife doesn't seem to like that.  Sorry if I wasn't clear.

--------------------
    I'm hardly the only poster that commented on your behavior in this post. How interesting that I'm the only one you singled out. Nothing to say to Lynda or Lisa?
  • CMGragain said:
    I'm really wondering if this is for real.
    Seriously, why do you even post on this board? You just shit all over everyone's ideas. Any bride or groom that is not wearing what you deem as appropriate, you tell the they're making a mistake and that people will judge them. Enough already! If you want to piss in people's cheerios, go somewhere else. 
    Has anyone considered that she is actually a troll who has managed to escape being found out all these years?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    @miss_curiosidee , I do apologize for upsetting you.  That was not my intention.  I really wasn't sure that you were serious.  Of course your men can wear whatever you choose.  You already know that your choice is edgy, but it doesn't break any laws, just tradition.
    I will always be a traditional lady, and I will always give traditional advice, but I would never intentionally insult anyone.  By the way, I do like the picture, above.  It is just the purple jacket that throws me.
    Again, it was not my intention to insult you.

PS.  I LOVE the grey with purple!  I would think about having all the men in grey.  Lovely!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • It's going to be on July 31st of this year, outdoors. I did suggest that velvet would be too heavy for a summer wedding (when this started, he said that he wanted a smoking jacket) but he says that he doesn't think so/would deal with it.

Eggplant would be lovely! We don't want him to directly match the bridesmaids, just for the colors to coordinate. The groomsmen would be in black suits, but with various pops of purple (one groomsmen gets a tie, another gets a vest, etc.) with the rest being black.
    If you hadn't said he was tall I'd wonder if you were my nephew's FI!  His favorite color is purple and I would not be surprised at all if he wanted a purple jacket.  Plus July 31st (of last year) was supposed to be their wedding day, but the wedding got postponed.  I don't have any suggestions on where to shop but good luck!

• CMGragain said:
    @miss_curiosidee , I do apologize for upsetting you.  That was not my intention.  I really wasn't sure that you were serious.  Of course your men can wear whatever you choose.  You already know that your choice is edgy, but it doesn't break any laws, just tradition.
    I will always be a traditional lady, and I will always give traditional advice, but I would never intentionally insult anyone.  By the way, I do like the picture, above.  It is just the purple jacket that throws me.
    Again, it was not my intention to insult you.

PS.  I LOVE the grey with purple!  I would think about having all the men in grey.  Lovely!
    I call total BS. You absolutely intentionally insult people. Telling the bride that wanted to wear Converse that she's making a mistake and her guests will judge her? Telling this bride you didn't think she was actually serious? That is insulting, and you knew what you were typing. You know that those words would hurt. 

You can be "traditional" all you want. But you hide behind that term to act like a jerk to anyone who dares to wear something nontraditional. I have never seen such judgement from one person on what others wear. 

My grandma, who is turning 94 this year is a pretty traditional lady. But she's also a nice person, and realizes that things like styles and trends change with the times. She doesn't judge people that wear cowboy boots or Converse with wedding dresses, or people that choose to wear purple suits on their wedding days. 

For the love of god, stop trying to talk every bride/groom out of wearing clothes YOU don't approve of. 
  • Oh boy! Looks like this thread got a bit derailed.

The photos of the celebs were pretty much exactly what my groom was hoping for (we were trying to avoid the bright colors so that it wouldn't look cartoonish). He didn't want to look like every other groom that you see photographed today and he really loves the color purple. He wanted to look more royal. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's a style that designers are really doing right now in his special sizing and we don't really have the budget to do a custom piece. So after talking and thinking it over, what he's probably going to do now is wear grey with purple accents and have the groomsmen in tan with purple accents. He really likes how he looks in grey suits so it should work out nicely and he still gets to wear the color!

CMG, I personally felt your choice of words were a little rude. Every time I've spoken with other people about what my fiance was looking for, there was generally some surprise, but people were more tactful and respectful with their words. Luckily I don't care what other people think about what we're all wearing - 1 because I have a great eye for fashion, 2 because I trust my fiance's sense, and 3 because it doesn't really matter at the end of the day because I get to marry the love of my life.

I thank everyone for being so helpful, though! Some of your suggestions on where to look were places I hadn't even thought about before - there were a few jackets that were exactly what I was searching for, and had they been available in his size they would have been perfect. I am truly grateful for all of your help and kind words :smiley:   
    I love gray and purple together! My DH and his groomsmewore gray and plum in our November wedding. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards