Just Engaged and Proposals

Our engagement in Bora Bora!!!!!!

sereneandjonsereneandjon member
edited January 2016 in Just Engaged and Proposals

We got engaged September 30, 2015 on our trip :blush: 

Our video: https://youtu.be/chouOJ0l3Qc (proposal and drone shot at 25:23)

It was our first day in Bora Bora and the weather was a bit dreary. We took the resort shuttle to the main town to get some groceries and on our way back to the resort my fiance Jon looked a bit unsettled. But when we got back to our resort island and the skies cleared, he told me we had to go take pictures.

Earlier that morning I had told him that the best time to take pictures is at sunset and dusk when the sunlight is not too bright. So when we were back at the resort and he saw the sun setting over Mt. Otemanu, he didnt’ want to miss the golden opportunity to take pictures (rainfall in Bora Bora is very erratic and unpredictable).

While I was getting ready in the washroom, he secretly called the butler, Masahiro Iemoto to pick us up from our overwater villa and take us to the main dock. We both love making vacation videos, a hobby that developed between us and our latest toy is an aerial drone — to enhance our visuals. So, unsuspectingly, we brought our camera, drone, and GoPro with us to the dock to take sunset photos.

Even when I passed my camera to Masahiro, and Jon had set the GoPro on a tripod, and setup the drone I still had no idea what was about to happen. But before I knew it, he started reciting his speech to me and got down on one knee to ask me to marry him.

The funniest part was when he put the ring back in his pocket because he was too nervous, and then he realized and was shaking putting the ring on my finger.

Of course I said yes and hugged him and told him I loved him!

Re: Our engagement in Bora Bora!!!!!!

• Congrats on your engagement. It sounds like a magical time for you guys (and Masahiro Iemoto).
  • Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Congrats! Good work on his part - looks like it was an amazing spot to propose!
  • Congrats- it's an amazing place to get engaged, get married, or honeymoon! I've been to the islands six times, with my first time being my honeymoon and can never get enough! It's just a very special place.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards