October 2016 Weddings

So we're under 9 months away!! What aspect of your planning are you most excited about now?

I'm FINALLY in full-on dress mode.  I'd been putting it off a long time, but I've been on two shopping trips now and I think I may have found my dress!!  It's getting so real now.  I am going back with my FSILs in two weeks to try it on again and I can't wait!!
What are you most excited about at the moment?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: So we're under 9 months away!! What aspect of your planning are you most excited about now?

• ThxSugarThxSugar member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    Happy New Year. We took a break from planning over the holidays but we just booked our accommodations and decided on a DJ. I am most excited about not having to do anything else for the rest of the month, lol. Next month we are registering and talking about bakeries.

What does your potential dress look like?
  • I can't wait for my invites to come in! We're having a really small wedding, 15 guests, so I want to personally hand out the invitations, that's why I ordered them so early.
  • I can't wait for my invites to come in! We're having a really small wedding, 15 guests, so I want to personally hand out the invitations, that's why I ordered them so early

Stuck in the Box!

when do you plan on handing them out? Are all of your guests local?
  • I can't stop thinking about my dress! Bought it last weekend and just took FMIL to see it today (she wasn't in the country last weekend to come with). I talk about it to anyone who will listen.

We have booked our photographer and venue, and I have arranged my hair and makeup. Need to sort out officiant and caterer next. One of my BM's sisters is doing out invitations and I am doing digital STDs soon. Whew! Lots to think about sometimes!
  • KnottieBobbiKnottieBobbi member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2016
    ThxSugar said:
    I can't wait for my invites to come in! We're having a really small wedding, 15 guests, so I want to personally hand out the invitations, that's why I ordered them so early

Stuck in the Box!

when do you plan on handing them out? Are all of your guests local?

• A few guests are local, but my brother is 18 hrs away and some guests are 4-5 hrs away. These will be overnight trips that require some planning. Besides we've been talking about getting married for years now and I'm not sure anyone would be I live us if we just sent out Save the Date cards lol
  • A few guests are local, but my brother is 18 hrs away and some guests are 4-5 hrs away. These will be overnight trips that require some planning. Besides we've been talking about getting married for years now and I'm not sure anyone would be I live us if we just sent out Save the Date cards lol
    Are you asking people to rsvp? Typically, invitations are sent out 6-8 weeks ahead of an event because most people are not going to have an accurate idea of their lives 9 months out. Save the dates allow people to make plans without committing, just in case an emergency happens 6 months from now that may change their response.
  • ThxSugar said:
    A few guests are local, but my brother is 18 hrs away and some guests are 4-5 hrs away. These will be overnight trips that require some planning. Besides we've been talking about getting married for years now and I'm not sure anyone would be I live us if we just sent out Save the Date cards lol
    Are you asking people to rsvp? Typically, invitations are sent out 6-8 weeks ahead of an event because most people are not going to have an accurate idea of their lives 9 months out. Save the dates allow people to make plans without committing, just in case an emergency happens 6 months from now that may change their response.
    No RSVP as it will be immediate family only and we are handing them all out in person. If an emergency happens with any of these people (FI's kids, his mom and brother, my dad and brother and a few nieces and nephews) and one of them can't make it, changing the wedding date will most likely be our response. 
  • I just bought my dress last week and now I'm excited to find bridesmaid dresses. I'm also excited to find my accessories and outfits for our two boys to wear. We have most of the big things planned so now it's mostly details. 
  • I know it's super early, but we actually found and bought our wedding bands today. I was just looking at first, to see what I liked, stumbled on a great sale! FI found his band too. Both of us were stock size, so that's another thing off the list!
  • I feel like I've been checking things off of my list left and right and it feels awesome! I've got the reception, caterer, DJ, photographer, coordinator, my dress, and bridesmaid dresses all checked off my list. Our church is booked and marriage classes are set for next month.
    Now we just have to get our save the dates addressed and sent out! Whooooo hoo!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards