June 2012 Weddings

Gift for the Groom?

I have been thinking about getting FI a nice watch for wedding present.  I know that a watch is pretty standard, so made me curious about what everyone else is doing.  So are you all getting your FI a wedding present? If so what?!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday

Re: Gift for the Groom?

• I have no idea yet. FI told me he already has mine all planned out.
  • We aren't doing gifts to each other (we are considering the honeymoon our gift).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have no idea what to get him. I got him a watch last year for Christmas (and the year before that) so I need to come up with something pretty good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • edited January 2012
    I am doing boidoir pics for his gift. He wont get it until the next day though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not sure if we are doing it, if I have the money I want to get him a weber grill.
  • I wanted to get him  a watch but he has his heart set on like a $5000 watch. I wish I was joking. So that will be either his next big purchase for himself or a helll of a 1st year anniversary present from me.

I really want to get him an autographed football from U of M's head football coach. He is a Mich football nut and I think this guy will probably be their coach for quite a long time. So I want him to sign it like "best wishes, congratulations" you know, something like that. Not sure how to go about getting it though..
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_gift-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:df064d23-94a6-4767-b4cc-45b724093bf0Post:039e4d4d-5ff6-4930-9cfb-953a82aace4a">Re: Gift for the Groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted to get him  a watch but he has his heart set on like a $5000 watch. I wish I was joking. So that will be either his next big purchase for himself or a helll of a 1st year anniversary present from me.<strong> I really want to get him an autographed football from U of M's head football coach</strong>. He is a Mich football nut and I think this guy will probably be their coach for quite a long time. So I want him to sign it like "best wishes, congratulations" you know, something like that. Not sure how to go about getting it though..
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

That would be an awesome gift. Very unique.
  • We decided we not going gifts for each other since we are paying for most of wedding and honeymoon.  I did get him a watch as an engagement gift, so he would have something wear around like my ring.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_gift-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:df064d23-94a6-4767-b4cc-45b724093bf0Post:6be7ef70-571a-45f8-b32c-1c87db38c92d">Re: Gift for the Groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We aren't doing gifts to each other (we are considering the honeymoon our gift).
    Posted by tgerl[/QUOTE]

This
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 April Siggy Challenge: Rings
  • I haven't even thought about a gift for him, Hmmmm, I need to get on that.
  • He says we aren't doing gifts....I keep bugging him for diamond earrings.  He also said we weren't doing gifts for Christmas last year but he got me an engagement ring so I don't really know what to expect.  If we do gifts, I am going to get him a replica Patriots helmet.  He's been wanting one for a while and had it on his Christmas list this year.  I guess we'll see.

• Probably a gun; the Kimber Crimson Carry 2. He's collected guns ever since he joined the Marines, and he REALLY wants this one. We try to go shooting as often as we can. He's also been talking about a watch recently. It will most likely be the gun though. I'm probably going to get it engraved with our wedding date and stuff like that.
  • I'm going to make him a little book of all the emails we shared when we first started dating while he was gone, and any other emails over the last five years.  Just the important ones that kind of shaped our relationship.  He won't like is as much as I do, but it is a good thing to hang onto regardless. 

I'll most likely buy him a gun as well.  Which most people think isn't romantic, but to FI....it's the most romantic thing ever. haha.  I'll probably splurge a little bit on it and get him one he's been eyeing up for quite sometime.  If he doesn't buy it himself before the wedding....which he's been known to do.
    Photobucket
  • I am getting FI a mini helmet. He collects them from athletes he likes.
  • I bought him a painting he really wanted that we saw when we were on vacation in August. It's hiding at my parent's house and I know how excited he'll be that I actually bought it for him.
    Anniversary
  • I just got b-pics done. I'm ordering a book and a few prints to frame. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I'm going to get him an engraved bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • He's not expecting a grooms cake so I'm going to get him some kind of grooms cake with one of those wedding topers from etsy that you can have made to look like both of you.
  • We aren't doing gifts. We are considering the honeymoon our gift :) We are paying for the entire wedding and honeymoon ourselves so we decided that would be a big enough gift to each other lol
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm doing bridal portraits for him and giving him an album
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_gift-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:df064d23-94a6-4767-b4cc-45b724093bf0Post:b4eb4cb1-cbd5-41a9-8c96-309c34376274">Re: Gift for the Groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]He's not expecting a grooms cake so I'm going to get him some kind of grooms cake with one of those wedding topers from etsy that you can have made to look like both of you.
    Posted by rpersica[/QUOTE]

Nice!  I actually made a cake topper of FI and me based on this idea - you should try it!  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_gift-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:df064d23-94a6-4767-b4cc-45b724093bf0Post:08b3ae49-3eaf-4296-a3c1-f205c70835b7">Re: Gift for the Groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am doing boidoir pics for his gift. He wont get it until the next day though.
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

<div>This. And our honeymoon.</div>

First Look
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited January 2012
    I'm giving him some cufflinks.
    Photobucket
  • I think I am going to purchase a massage for both him and I for our honeymoon. Not sure if that qualifies, but I may give him some honeymoon essentials too.
  • i am getting him custom cufflinks with pic of him and his grandmas on each one like one grandma per pic because he is very close. I might have to add a gun in after readin this though.
  • We decided not to exchange gifts. It's another thing to think about and spend money on, and we'd just rather not. :)
  • Im doing B pics for him. He will be so shocked! I cant wait to see his face :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are already spending enough on the wedding, we don't think gifts are necessary. I guess you could say the honeymoon is our gift. (Like others have said.)
  • We are paying for our wedding and honeymoon ourselves too, but I would still like to give him something extra.  I really like the idea of the massage on the honeymoon I may have to steal that idea, I didn't even think of that! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_gift-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:df064d23-94a6-4767-b4cc-45b724093bf0Post:6be7ef70-571a-45f8-b32c-1c87db38c92d">Re: Gift for the Groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We aren't doing gifts to each other (we are considering the honeymoon our gift).
    Posted by tgerl[/QUOTE]

This for me too.  Plus we are paying for it ourselves so marriage is our gifts I guess.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards