Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Outdoor Ceremony-Music?

We are getting married 5/21. I totally overlooked ceremony music. My sister (MOH) thinks it would be quite weird for us to walk down the "aisle" without it. I'm on a tight budget. Our DJ will be set up at the reception hall 15 minutes away. Ideas? The ceremony is kind of in the middle of nowhere. I'm not sure if power is available.
Thanks! =)

Re: Outdoor Ceremony-Music?

• Well without power the only option would be to hire someone to play at your wedding. If you are on a budget you might want to ask a local school that has a music program if you could hire any of the students, although that is taking a pretty big risk. You might want to ask in your local board about options that are around your city in your price range. 
    Maybe a boombox that uses batteries? Do they still sell those?
  • We are getting married 5/21. I totally overlooked ceremony music. My sister (MOH) thinks it would be quite weird for us to walk down the "aisle" without it. I'm on a tight budget. Our DJ will be set up at the reception hall 15 minutes away. Ideas? The ceremony is kind of in the middle of nowhere. I'm not sure if power is available.
    Thanks! =)
    You are having an outdoor ceremony in the middle of nowhere, and are not sure power is available.  I have to wonder if you have the potential for bigger problems.  Do you have a plan in the event of inclement weather?  Are there washrooms available?  If I were driving to the "middle of nowhere",  I would probably make sure I arrived with time to spare in the event I get lost.  That means I will need to have somewhere to sit comfortably and have access to amenities if necessary.
  • justsie said:
    Well without power the only option would be to hire someone to play at your wedding. If you are on a budget you might want to ask a local school that has a music program if you could hire any of the students, although that is taking a pretty big risk. You might want to ask in your local board about options that are around your city in your price range. 
    Maybe a boombox that uses batteries? Do they still sell those?
    There are battery powered options for iPod/iPhones. My husband has one made by Bose. He takes it outside when he works in the yard. The battery has a good life span after being charged but you wouldn't even need it for very long. The sound is amazing. I think I paid around $200 for it several years ago.
  • We are getting married 5/21. I totally overlooked ceremony music. My sister (MOH) thinks it would be quite weird for us to walk down the "aisle" without it. I'm on a tight budget. Our DJ will be set up at the reception hall 15 minutes away. Ideas? The ceremony is kind of in the middle of nowhere. I'm not sure if power is available.
    Thanks! =)
    A small battery-powered bluetooth speaker is a simple fix to your music issue (I bet someone you know would let you borrow one if you don't already own one!), but @MobKaz is right... you might have some bigger issues regarding your middle-of-nowhere ceremony unless you have a rain contingency plan, a chair for every butt, and bathrooms nearby. 
    --

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    We hired an Irish harpist for my daughter's wedding.
    My sister used a flautist (flute player) at her outdoor ceremony.
    Another wedding had an acoustic guitarist playing classical guitar.

It might cost extra if your wedding location is so out of the way.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards