Registry and Gift Forum

Zola vs Blueprint

Any advice please and ONLY from people who have used the sites. I don't want opinions just because they feel like giving it and I have seen a lot of that on here :) 

Re: Zola vs Blueprint

• OMG! There is a closed thread below. Use the search or scroll. Please note, you are not going to get the responses you want.
  • Any advice please and ONLY from people who have used the sites. I don't want opinions just because they feel like giving it and I have seen a lot of that on here :) 
    Neither. Both are disgustingly grubby and rude.

You can't tell other people how to post. 
  • Any advice please and ONLY from people who have used the sites. I don't want opinions just because they feel like giving it and I have seen a lot of that on here :) 
    Oh look, you posted on an open forum!  

Don't do either.  They are rude.  Just register at 2-3 regular stores.  

• You can't tell other people how to post. 
    This goes both ways though - people are free to post about things you don't agree with.

That said, I have never used Zola or Blueprint and don't plan on it. Sorry OP.
  • y16vonne said:

You can't tell other people how to post. 
    This goes both ways though - people are free to post about things you don't agree with.

That said, I have never used Zola or Blueprint and don't plan on it. Sorry OP.
    I didn't tell her she couldn't post about money registries.

I just told her [truthfully] that she shouldn't do one. 
  • Three friends have used Zola, one is using MyRegistry, and one used the traditional Williams-Sonoma and Macy's. I had some acquaintances who used Blueprint, mainly because they were doing some serious remodeling to their home and Blueprint allows you to set up group gifts for things like cupboards and granite countertops in a way that makes sense. As a guest, I personally preferred Zola for a few reasons:
    1. The interface was very well organized and pretty, the gifts are in different categories according to intended purpose for the couple. MyRegistry looks like an Amazon page and the gifts were just organized by the store/source (Nordstrom, Zappos, etc) not by the purpose or type of gift (experience, kitchen, adventure, bedding). As a guest, I think it's nice to get to choose the category based on experiences you personally have with the couple (e.g. I had worked on a travel start-up with one of the Zola brides so I gravitated towards the adventure category, one of the other Zola grooms had been my roommate and I knew he and his fiancé loved cooking so I gravitated towards the kitchen items, etc.) That way I had something personal to say in the note with the gift.
    2. The group gifting aspect: As a guest, it's great to be able to contribute to something you want for the couple but couldn't afford fully. Looks like MyRegistry and Blueprint let you do this, though on MyRegistry it seems like they can only do group gifting as a cash fund whereas on Zola you can turn group gifting on for physical items. Seems like that is the case for Blueprint too. 
    3. The experience aspect: I actually preferred to contribute to the experiences on the Zola registries. To me, with experiences I am actually contributing to something that will make the couple's relationship stronger because it is something cool they will do together, whereas I don't see how a crystal serving bowl would do that. I know you can contribute to experiences with cash in a card but it's frankly more fun (with the pics, categories and specific experiences) and more convenient through the online registry. (I guess this opinion makes me lazy and tacky ;) I said it for you so now you don't need to waste 5mn you could be doing something good for humanity writing me a nasty reply, ladies, God bless). Blueprint has an "Experiences" room, but the fee is higher than Zola's. 

Note on Blueprint: looks like they have a feature to import registries you've already created traditionally with places like Bloomingdales and Target, but then you can have them organized in their rooms interface. So if you are mainly looking to combine registries from multiple stores into a beautiful interface I think Blueprint is better than Zola. Zola won't let you combine a registry created at another store, instead you just register for items their buyers have selected or you can register, item by item from brands not on their list, but then it's actually just a cash contribution (with a fee) for you to buy the item yourself. Hope this is actually helpful. I know wedding planning is stressful! Hugs
  • Three friends have used Zola, one is using MyRegistry, and one used the traditional Williams-Sonoma and Macy's. I had some acquaintances who used Blueprint, mainly because they were doing some serious remodeling to their home and Blueprint allows you to set up group gifts for things like cupboards and granite countertops in a way that makes sense. As a guest, I personally preferred Zola for a few reasons:
    1. The interface was very well organized and pretty, the gifts are in different categories according to intended purpose for the couple. MyRegistry looks like an Amazon page and the gifts were just organized by the store/source (Nordstrom, Zappos, etc) not by the purpose or type of gift (experience, kitchen, adventure, bedding). As a guest, I think it's nice to get to choose the category based on experiences you personally have with the couple (e.g. I had worked on a travel start-up with one of the Zola brides so I gravitated towards the adventure category, one of the other Zola grooms had been my roommate and I knew he and his fiancé loved cooking so I gravitated towards the kitchen items, etc.) That way I had something personal to say in the note with the gift.
    2. The group gifting aspect: As a guest, it's great to be able to contribute to something you want for the couple but couldn't afford fully. Looks like MyRegistry and Blueprint let you do this, though on MyRegistry it seems like they can only do group gifting as a cash fund whereas on Zola you can turn group gifting on for physical items. Seems like that is the case for Blueprint too. 
    3. The experience aspect: I actually preferred to contribute to the experiences on the Zola registries. To me, with experiences I am actually contributing to something that will make the couple's relationship stronger because it is something cool they will do together, whereas I don't see how a crystal serving bowl would do that. I know you can contribute to experiences with cash in a card but it's frankly more fun (with the pics, categories and specific experiences) and more convenient through the online registry. (I guess this opinion makes me lazy and tacky ;) I said it for you so now you don't need to waste 5mn you could be doing something good for humanity writing me a nasty reply, ladies, God bless). Blueprint has an "Experiences" room, but the fee is higher than Zola's. 

Note on Blueprint: looks like they have a feature to import registries you've already created traditionally with places like Bloomingdales and Target, but then you can have them organized in their rooms interface. So if you are mainly looking to combine registries from multiple stores into a beautiful interface I think Blueprint is better than Zola. Zola won't let you combine a registry created at another store, instead you just register for items their buyers have selected or you can register, item by item from brands not on their list, but then it's actually just a cash contribution (with a fee) for you to buy the item yourself. Hope this is actually helpful. I know wedding planning is stressful! Hugs
    This thread is 9 months old. Please watch the dates on threads as it's considered rude to comment on threads more than 2 months old.
  • edited November 2016
    I posted this because I did some research on these on my own and thought it could be useful to others. I ended up on this forum because I was searching for the difference between these and other online registries, but was disappointed that this board was almost entirely insults instead of responses to the original question. After doing my own research and looking back through confirmation emails from registries I contributed to, I posted this so that others who end up on this forum looking for information can get it.
  • I posted this because I did some research on these on my own and thought it could be useful to others. I ended up on this forum because I was searching for the difference between these and other online registries, but was disappointed that this board was almost entirely insults instead of responses to the original question. After doing my own research and looking back through confirmation emails from registries I contributed to, I posted this so that others who end up on this forum looking for information can get it.
    Love your response and found the info you gave to be helpful. I have no idea why everyone on these forums are almost always insulting to the original post and hardly show any kind of empathy and or respect. I also found it funny that you are being called rude for commenting on an old forum haha! It doesn't matter what you do around here, the etiquette police will find you! Love it! 
  • You'd think, since you're both new, that you'd listen to someone who's been around here for a while. Just because you're the new kid in school doesn't mean that there aren't established rules there. 

You'll NEVER see anyone other than random knottie#'s supporting honeyfunds because it's tacky and rude to ask for cash and that's exactly what those are. 
  • @KnotRiley, can we close this old thread? The OP hasn't been active since March, never came back to the thread, and before the bumb, the thread hadn't been commented on since February. If someone wants to start yet another Zola/Blueprint thread (even though there are others), they can, but this is a zombie. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards