Favors

Old Navy Flip Flops?

Hi!

I want to buy white flip flops to leave by the dance floor – where have you all found the best place to buy these in assorted sizes?  Old Navy has them for $2.50 with 30% off, so that’s $1.75 a pair.  Any other tricks before I order these?

Thanks!

Re: Old Navy Flip Flops?

• lyssa13 said:

Hi!

I want to buy white flip flops to leave by the dance floor – where have you all found the best place to buy these in assorted sizes?  Old Navy has them for $2.50 with 30% off, so that’s $1.75 a pair.  Any other tricks before I order these?

Thanks!

No tricks. Just wait for a sale. Old Navy generally has a huge sale twice a year on these flip flops, but its a madhouse at the store because so many brides have the same idea.

But these don't really count as favors.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Honestly, I'm not a big fan of these.  I normally bring flip-flops to a wedding if I want.  The Old Navy cheap ones may last half the time of your reception.   So if your guest list is 100 people and you're spending $1.75/flip flop, that's nearly $200 that could be spent on booze.
  • I know this has been a major trend for the last decade or so but I'd only do this if it's not your main favor and if you're fine with a lot of these going in the trash.

• I think it's ok if you're doing baskets instead of actually having them as your favor. I think it's wasted money though. I know I personally hate flip flops with a fiery passion. I also wear shoes that I will be comfortable in all night and are conducive to dancing if I think I'm inclined to dance the night away (or I pack ballet flats in my purse).  I think most people know how to properly attire themselves or plan ahead.
  • Old Navy flip flops are actually pretty good quality, I disagree they'd only last half the reception. I buy a new black pair every spring and wear them every single day for like 5-6 months and they last pretty well. 

I do agree they are not a favor, just a courtesy for the dance floor. I would only buy them for about 70% of the female guests to save yourself some money. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    Old Navy flip flops are actually pretty good quality, I disagree they'd only last half the reception. I buy a new black pair every spring and wear them every single day for like 5-6 months and they last pretty well. 

I do agree they are not a favor, just a courtesy for the dance floor. I would only buy them for about 70% of the female guests to save yourself some money. 
    Agreed. I have a few pairs I've had for a couple years. Bit dirty/stained yes, but still in good condition. 

I also agree that these shouldn't be your "favour", but left in a basket as a courtesy, sure. Don't buy one for every person. I had two friends who bought them for their wedding. They were used, but both still had TONS left over. Some people will use them for the night, but then leave them behind at the venue. 

No advice on deals- just wait until they go on sale. 
  • I did this for my wedding, but I found a wholesale site that I could pay through Amazon. The quality was pretty good, the batch came with a wide variety of sizes and colors. Most of what we put out in a big basket were gone by the end of the night. I was (pleasantly) surprised how many were taken. I kept a bunch of pairs so I'll have flip flops for a few years then donated the rest. Buying in bulk saved me a lot, I think I paid around $1/pair or less. Definitely don't buy one for every person. 
  • I went to a wedding in January where the bride had 3 baskets of flip flops (S,M&L) by the DJ's booth. She got them at her local Dollar Tree. I believe she ordered them online. They weren't favors, just an extra little trinket for the ladies with pained feet. :smiley: 
  • I got a bunch of Old Navy flip flops when they were on sale for $1 in a variety of sizes.  I brought maybe a dozen or so to the wedding, but only our younger cousins were really interested in them.  Since I had a ton left over, we brought them to DH's family's lake camp so people who forget/lose their sandals at camp will have an emergency backup.  
    In hindsight, I wouldn't have bought any for the wedding; I actually wore flip-flops for the reception, but had to kick them off for dancing as they're not really secured to the foot and I kept bending the sole back or having them fly off.  
  • Ehh, I don't get the whole flip flop thing.  As a grown woman, I dress accordingly for the night, including wearing comfortable shoes (or bringing a pair of flats to change in to).  I wouldn't wear a pair of cheap flip flops - they're usually uncomfortable and it would not look appropriate with my dress.

Unless you have money to burn, I'd skip it and put the money where it really matters - food and drink (upgrading, more, etc)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards