Flowers
Options

DIY rose centerpiece

edited February 2016 in Flowers
Here's my DIY rose centerpiece!

Color scheme: Gold & Blue, the centerpiece will be sitting on a blue runner, white tableclothes underneath.
For gold, I was going to find some kind of small bird (wood/ceramic) to paint gold. Oh and gold key bottle openers as favors will also put some gold on the tables!

Re: DIY rose centerpiece

• Options
    I"m curious how tall they are. They look like they'll block the line of sight.
  • Options
    Very classy and simple, but they do look tall.
  • Options
    Good point, they're about 16 inches tall, I was planning on putting in white Baby Breath to make them fuller.
  • Options
    Alright, so I took about 3 inches off, these are now ~13 inches tall, plus I added some other flowers, thoughts? suggestions?
  • Options
    I'm not quite certain what style you're going for, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt:)

I would recommend cutting the stems so that they're about an inch above the top of the vase.  This should push the buds closer together, so there's not as much gap space, but the same amount of flowers.  

And unless the mums are pinker than my screen shows, I'm not a fan of the two shades of white together.  But I'm picky:)  Maybe look into waxflowers as a filler?  They have yellow centers for a touch of "gold."

Another way to add gold into the centerpiece could be floral picks.  Like these: http://factorydirectcraft.com/catalog/products/1302_2113_2070-36618-gold_frond_curl_pick.html and http://www.michaels.com/10454614.html.   
  • Options
    No style in particular, I'm just going for full white roses with filler, and trying to make the flowers look plentiful and filled out with only 5-6 roses per vase.
    The mums were actually from my Valentine's Day bouquet that I tossed in because I thought they were cute  ;) So I don't honestly think mums will make an official appearance, or if they do, it'll be white ones.
    I did notice making the stems shorter is pushing the blooms closer together, I'm planning on getting Baby's Breath as filler too.
  • Options
    I just have a question - my mom, my sister, and I are all very allergic to roses.  What are you going to do if a guest has that problem?

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Viczaesar said:
    I just have a question - my mom, my sister, and I are all very allergic to roses.  What are you going to do if a guest has that problem?
    er....im not sure....I wasn't aware of rose allergies...but with such a small wedding, I'm sure it'll pop up if it's an issue. I'm already aware of the food allergies of our guests.
    Plus there will be inhalers at the wedding, I always carry an extra -and my fiance and I have both been CPR trained.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards