Ohio-Cleveland

Staycation honeymoon-suggestions?

We've decided to stay in town, visit with friends, and check out all the attractions we haven't had the chance to yet. Besides the obvious ones like the Rock Hall and the museums (and a daytime ball game - we're big baseball fans), what suggestions does everyone have?

Re: Staycation honeymoon-suggestions?

• tigerlily6tigerlily6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    Where are you at? Rock Hall -- is that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Where are you at? Rock Hall -- is that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland?
    Yep, West Side, almost in Lakewood.
  • It's a bit out of town, but you could do a day at Cedar Point in Sandusky or go to Put-In Bay (Ohio's version of Vegas [more in party atmosphere, not so much in glitz and glam]). There's also the Hocking Hills in the south of the state which have really nice hiking. 

• I was thinking about all of those!  :)
  • I grew up more in the Dayton area of Ohio, but my family spent a good amount of time in Cleveland. We also really loved Little Italy there. Fantastic food and people. 

• I actually grew up in Akron but came to Cleveland to go to school and stayed.
  • I remember visiting a few really cool museums between Toledo and Cleveland about ships of the Great Lakes, too, if that's something you find interesting. I was into the history of the Edmund Fitzgerald for a bit, so I thought it was kind of neat. I think Cleveland has a ship, the "William G. Mather", which you can go aboard. 

• There used to be a Maritime Museum around Vermilion or Huron, I think. I'll have to see if it's still there.
  • Since you are baseball fans, don't forget the minor league teams like the Akron Aeros, there is a team in Avon and another one in Eastlake. Here are some other ideas

1. West side market
    2. Great lakes brewery for a meal (right by west side market)
    3. The zoo
    4. Any of the great musuems Cleveland has to offer like Art, History, Rock
    5. Cleveland Botanical gardens, in the summer they have wade oval Wednesdays where they feature a different local band from jazz, pop, blues, etc. They set up a stage in the grass area (middle of all the museums) and you come with chairs or blankets. You can bring a picnic basket or buy from the food trucks. You can even bring your own booze
    6. Lolly the Trolly tour around down town Cleveland and learn some interesting facts about this history of Cleveland
    7. If you like the beach, fairport harbor has a great beach
    8. Don't forget about all the great wineries that are in the Cleveland area. On the Eastside there are tons of them in the Madison/Geneva area. There are a bunch on far west side. Check out Ohio Wine Trails for a listing and map of where all the fun ohio wineries are
    9. Legacy Village
    10. Crocker Park
    11. Drive in movies, there is one in Mayfield and another one somewhere on west side, don't know the name of it
    12. Put in bay for a day
    13. Kelley's island (either place you can rent bikes or golf carts for fun exploring)
    14. I know you said you are baseball fans, but Canton Football hall of Fame
    15. Check out this site for discounts http://www.cityvisitor.com/Cleveland/coupons (no reason not to save money while having fun)
    16. Or buy a local entertainment book and challenge yourself to see how many of the coupons you can use during that week, and afterwards. Good excuse to keep the date nights going after the wedding.
  • Wonderful suggestions, especially 15 and 16! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards