Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony Music

We are getting married in a Lutheran Church in August of 2016 and we are looking for music ideas. Ideally, the music will be gospel and preferably on the acoustic side. We are still going to see if we can swing an acoustic version of "Can't help falling in love with you" to walk down the isle to but I would like to be able to stick with our pastors wishes of non-secular music if possible. Does anyone have any inspiration for us? Thanks!

Re: Ceremony Music

• Can you talk to your music director for suggestions? Just to name a few: Canon in D is very popular, Trumpet voluntary by Purcell, Ode to Joy.  Google wedding processional/recessional. 
  • We are getting married in a Lutheran Church in August of 2016 and we are looking for music ideas. Ideally, the music will be gospel and preferably on the acoustic side. We are still going to see if we can swing an acoustic version of "Can't help falling in love with you" to walk down the isle to but I would like to be able to stick with our pastors wishes of non-secular music if possible. Does anyone have any inspiration for us? Thanks!
    @ILoveBeachMusic's suggestion to speak directly with your minister of music is probably the best place to start.  They may have a book filled with common/approved pieces for you to choose from.  This wedding website, although Catholic in nature, is filled with non-secular wedding pieces.  It also includes links to other song ideas.  I believe one of the links allows you to listen to  excerpts of the songs.

http://catholicweddinghelp.com/wedding-planning/07-choose-music.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards