Chit Chat

*eye roll*

2»

Re: *eye roll*

• WW is posting "engagement stories" on Instagram and today's is a proposal in a rain room (this exist apparently). 

Am I the only one who doesn't find being stuck in the rain, let alone paying to stand in fake rain, romantic?  
    A rain room? WTH????
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2016
    Ooh, I have a great one!!! A few weeks ago, I was looking at someone's profile on FB. I don't know them, thank goodness, I was looking them up for work to verify a name spelling

On her page is a sonogram with a very small protrusion circled with an arrow pointing to it and the words "It's a boy!"  Seriously? You can't just say it's a boy, you have to point out his penis on the sonogram?

And you know further down her feed she had posted a photo of not one, but two pee sticks!
  • Dear lord. I'm telling you. Facebook bride groups are the absolute best. After every post there is always one person who says "Its your wedding!!!! lawlz do what you want! Your guests will be happy no matter what!!!!!!!"

Barf.

Yea, because I has happy to sit in the cold, dark outdoors in February for nearly 3 hours without food or beverage and leave to eat Burger King. It was totally fine because it's their day! ----this truthfully happened to me 10 days ago at a wedding that I flew to attend.

• jenna8984 said:
    Dear lord. I'm telling you. Facebook bride groups are the absolute best. After every post there is always one person who says "Its your wedding!!!! lawlz do what you want! Your guests will be happy no matter what!!!!!!!"

Barf.

Yea, because I has happy to sit in the cold, dark outdoors in February for nearly 3 hours without food or beverage and leave to eat Burger King. It was totally fine because it's their day! ----this truthfully happened to me 10 days ago at a wedding that I flew to attend.
    Eeesh, tell us more!

• jenna8984 said:
    @thisismynickname An old college acquaintance of mine posted a similar video. Except it was her with a fresh pee stick in hand singing to her husband Salt & Peppa "what a man" because of the line "I wanna have yo baby". And posted how she is 4 weeks pregnant. REALLY?! REALLY?!
    Ew. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ElcaB said:
    I can beat that. Here is a direct quote from a wedding website that was shared on FB recently:

"To give all our guest the opportunity to relax and have a good time with no worries we politely request no children." 

To give all our guest the opportunity to relax and have a good time with no worries we politely request no children

Yes I'm totally relaxed and don't have a care in the world when I leave my kids with other people.   Aside from being completely awful in other ways, the people clearly don't have kids of their own or they'd know that not being near them doesn't mean you stop worrying. 
  • K you asked for it!

Wedding was at the groom's father's house. Invitation said 5pm, it actually started around 5:45. Ceremony was adorable (only good part). By the end of the ceremony the sun had set and temps dropped from 75 to 50. We all brought sweaters but it was not enough. They directed us to the other side of the yard where the reception tables were set up...and I used the tablecloth as warmth.

There were no lights. DJ didn't even have lights, so we were sitting in the cold dark. Each place setting had a cup with about 4 ounces of water in it. Girl at the next table asked for more water and was told there was none. WHAT.

DJ comes out and says that someone is inside cooking spaghetti and we'd have to go table at a time to get it, to allow for cooking time. So wait, we have to walk upstairs to the kitchen, bring plates back downstairs to the yard, and he's cooking pasta one pot at a time for 120 people. No appetizers, nothing else. He obviously runs out of cooked pasta with the first table and each table just starts lining up waiting. We never got in line because we kept saying "when it goes down". It never went down! For over 2 hours, the line stayed 40 deep. Mind you my table was the groom's parents, the groom's 88 year grandparents and myself (pregnant) and we were not offered to go up first, or even at all.

No dancing had started or anything either. And it only got colder and darker. We finally decided screw this, said our goodbyes to bride & groom, and stopped at the first food in sight- Burger King.

• Ooh, I have a great one!!! A few weeks ago, I was looking at someone's profile on FB. I don't know them, thank goodness, I was looking them up for work to verify a name spelling

On her page is a sonogram with a very small protrusion circled with an arrow pointing to it and the words "It's a boy!"  Seriously? You can't just say it's a boy, you have to point out his penis on the sonogram?

And you know further down her feed she had posted a photo of not one, but two pee sticks!
    Yuck.  I got one of those pics from the u/s tech:  I texted it to DH.  I did not post it on SM.  The only thing I posted was DD wearing one of those big "It's a boy!" buttons from the party store.  No one needs a dick pic on FB, even if it's only a proto-dick.  Once again, yuck.
  • jenna8984 said:

K you asked for it!

Wedding was at the groom's father's house. Invitation said 5pm, it actually started around 5:45. Ceremony was adorable (only good part). By the end of the ceremony the sun had set and temps dropped from 75 to 50. We all brought sweaters but it was not enough. They directed us to the other side of the yard where the reception tables were set up...and I used the tablecloth as warmth.

There were no lights. DJ didn't even have lights, so we were sitting in the cold dark. Each place setting had a cup with about 4 ounces of water in it. Girl at the next table asked for more water and was told there was none. WHAT.

DJ comes out and says that someone is inside cooking spaghetti and we'd have to go table at a time to get it, to allow for cooking time. So wait, we have to walk upstairs to the kitchen, bring plates back downstairs to the yard, and he's cooking pasta one pot at a time for 120 people. No appetizers, nothing else. He obviously runs out of cooked pasta with the first table and each table just starts lining up waiting. We never got in line because we kept saying "when it goes down". It never went down! For over 2 hours, the line stayed 40 deep. Mind you my table was the groom's parents, the groom's 88 year grandparents and myself (pregnant) and we were not offered to go up first, or even at all.

No dancing had started or anything either. And it only got colder and darker. We finally decided screw this, said our goodbyes to bride & groom, and stopped at the first food in sight- Burger King.

That's awful! I'm so sorry you had to endure that - and that you flew there and endured that just blows my mind!

Your sig gif adds a nice bit of appropriate punctuation at the end of your story :-)
  • jenna8984 said:

K you asked for it!

Sitting in the cold dark, how depressing. Bet the bride said 'all our friends love us, no one will mind!'. Didn't they even have a tap?

• jenna8984 said:

K you asked for it!

No water, no food, cold and dark. Mmm... sooo romantic! Seriously, that sounds freaking awful. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenna8984 said:

K you asked for it!

So @jenna8984, what's the aftermath?   I feel like there has to be some fallout as a result of something like this.   

• @banana468 Well it's my cousin, that I only see once every 8 years or so. I really only went to accompany my elderly grandparents on the flight and see some other family members. So I guess our relationship won't change much. But if it had been a close friend I'm not so sure!!

• jenna8984 said:
    @banana468 Well it's my cousin, that I only see once every 8 years or so. I really only went to accompany my elderly grandparents on the flight and see some other family members. So I guess our relationship won't change much. But if it had been a close friend I'm not so sure!!
    I also mean by the aftermath, what did the other family members say?   

As an example: my MIL has told us which family weddings she enjoyed more than others.   If a family wedding ran out of food I imagine getting an earful.
  • banana468 said:
    jenna8984 said:
    @banana468 Well it's my cousin, that I only see once every 8 years or so. I really only went to accompany my elderly grandparents on the flight and see some other family members. So I guess our relationship won't change much. But if it had been a close friend I'm not so sure!!
    I also mean by the aftermath, what did the other family members say?   

As an example: my MIL has told us which family weddings she enjoyed more than others.   If a family wedding ran out of food I imagine getting an earful.

Oh, nothing really to be honest! My grandparents are too "dignified" to talk trash so they just kept saying it was a good time (even though they did not have a good time). No one really mentioned it to my uncle out of embarrassment for him/his son. None of the other cousins my age went. My aunt & uncle have been divorced for quite some time, so it was really nice to see her and her side of the family, but we won't be hearing their thoughts/seeing them for another decade.

• dyerwise said:
    When FI proposed in 2014, my closest friend lost her mind. She had been with her BF for "much longer" and I just wanted to "have a party and wear a dress", so I shouldn't be getting married. FI an I had been together for almost 3 years at that point and owned a home together.

We've since grown apart and for about a year we hardly talked. She has never apologized and I'm still hurt that she acted out.

She got engaged a few months ago and has been texting me about her wedding stuff non-stop. She asked our wedding date, which I know she knew, and when I told her she said, "OMG WE PICKED OUR DATE AND ITS THE SATURDAY AFTER, I'm so sorry, I didn't even mean to do that!! lets make sure to share all dates for bach parties and showers and everything so we don't miss out on anything!!"

I replied, "Don't be sorry, everyone gets their one day! unfortunately we'll be on our honeymoon that weekend" She replied "seriously?! you'll be on honeymoon? you can't go later? you can't change it?"  Really?

Yes, let me change my honeymoon for you because after all I just want to have a party.

I swear to god the same thing happened to me. The exact same thing, down to the fact she got married the Saturday after me, which she changed after trying to "jokingly" tell me the date I picked was "her wedding day" and "I couldn't use that day", and with the offense directed at me that I would "miss her wedding" because I would be on my honeymoon.

I'm so sorry that I spent thousands of dollars on my wedding planning before you were even engaged.....I should have asked you first! *eyeroll*

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I got an invite for a June 25 wedding day 2 days ago. RSVP date is by June 1. I'm probably going to lose the whole invitation by then haha.
  • A friend's DIL's brother has already sent out invitations for an October DW! She said so people could make travel arrangements. Isn't that was STDs or emails/phone calls are for?

• This week in bad facebook advice, I've read:
    • Guides on how to determine who is in a serious enough relationship to invite (do they live together, have you met the SO etc)
    • Timelines for B Listing (Invite your VIP's 3 months in advance with 3 weeks to respond, your next group 2 months in advance etc)
    • Advice to exclude SO's from the RD
    • Lots of never been worn dresses for sale, all with photos of the seller in the dress!
  • I love that "never been worn" then WHY ARE YOU IN IT?! I was trying to sell my dress and had pics or me in it, so the wording was only worn to try on (less then 10 mins)  cause yeah it's been worn. 

• I love that "never been worn" then WHY ARE YOU IN IT?! I was trying to sell my dress and had pics or me in it, so the wording was only worn to try on (less then 10 mins)  cause yeah it's been worn. 
    I love the used ones that say, "only worn one time for a few hours." like that's not 99% of all wedding dresses. But yeah 25% off your David's Bridal altered and used wedding gown sounds like a stellar deal!!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• A kid posted in a local FB group a GoFundMe for his $5,000 trip to Paris. He says it's for school, but it's over spring break and they basically just look at museums and art and stuff that they've previously learned about in art class. So it's not a study abroad or worth credit or anything, basically just a vacation with classmates. 

The first comment was all, "I support you!" But the next two comments (and only other comments) were "Get a job. You should easily be able to earn $5k by then" and "Get a job. Or use your dividends. I would love to go to Paris too." (By dividend, they meant the oil money checks all Alaskans get from the state every year, which are usually $800 to $1,500.)

Both comments had quite a few likes. I was super pleased. Faith in humanity restored! Knotties aren't the only ones who feel that way! And he's only raised $25 so far. 
  • OK, just adding to this because I've been annoyed by it for a few days now.  I'm invited to bachelorette party which of course I'm going to for my friend.  Not in the wedding party.  They've changed the location a couple of times and now in the most recent email I got this is the last line:

To help this lovely lady shine, we are suggesting that guests wear black and the bride can pick her color of choice!

I don't own any nice black winter things so ugly cozy sweater it will be!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards