Chit Chat

Hair Help

I'm thinking I want a change but I'm not sure what to do! I need your advice! My hair is naturally curly and I posted a picture below of what it looks like natural. I also have blunt bangs, and I'm thinking about a drastic change. What are your thoughts on the style below?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair Help

• I'm trying to decide if I keep it long or cut it off!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • madamerwinmadamerwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    Cut it off!! I mean, your natural, long curly locks are gorgeous, but they will grow back eventually... I went from long hair (mid-back) with bangs this summer to shoulder-length without bangs, and I must say, it's refreshing to have short hair.

Then again, I just like to mix things up.

As an aside: I also have somewhat curly hair, that gets curlier the shorter it gets. You clearly have curly hair as well, so keep in mind that when it's shorter, it will take a lot more upkeep to make it wavy, like the example picture.

ETA: Your example photo is my hair inspiration. I got rid of my bangs because I'm too lazy to flat iron them daily, but I love that length of hair.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cut it off!! I mean, your natural, long curly locks are gorgeous, but they will grow back eventually... I went from long hair (mid-back) with bangs this summer to shoulder-length without bangs, and I must say, it's refreshing to have short hair.

Then again, I just like to mix things up.

As an aside: I also have somewhat curly hair, that gets curlier the shorter it gets. You clearly have curly hair as well, so keep in mind that when it's shorter, it will take a lot more upkeep to make it wavy, like the example picture.

ETA: Your example photo is my hair inspiration. I got rid of my bangs because I'm too lazy to flat iron them daily, but I love that length of hair.

I have cut mine off above the shoulders before, the one nice thing is it's WAY easier to straighten to get it wavy! I am lucky that my hair is super curly but straightens fairly easily :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have cut mine off above the shoulders before, the one nice thing is it's WAY easier to straighten to get it wavy! I am lucky that my hair is super curly but straightens fairly easily :)
    And my is way easier to make curly when it's short! When it's long, it's wavy, but it doesn't hold a curl. When it's short, I just get it wet and scrunch it a little, and then blow dry it half-way, and it holds a loose curl nicely. I always wished I had really curly hair though. 

I think shoulder-length is the right length for my hair type though - if it's longer, it does weird things where some of it is curly, some is wavy and some is straight. At shoulder-length, at least it's uniformly wavy/curly.

But yeah, I still vote you cut it off. Hair is one of those things that is so easy to change and can give you a confidence boost. Worst case, you don't like it, and it will grow back in no time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • First of all, holy crap your curls are gorgeous. 

Second, I'm always a fan of cutting hair. It grows back! I think you would look great with the cut you posted. 

I'm a serial grower and then cutter though, so I will always say go for it. I've had all different styles. You can pull off anything you think you can pull off. :)

A few years ago, right before I met DH:

Probably the longest my hair has ever been:

Now:

• First of all, holy crap your curls are gorgeous. 

Second, I'm always a fan of cutting hair. It grows back! I think you would look great with the cut you posted. 

I'm a serial grower and then cutter though, so I will always say go for it. I've had all different styles. You can pull off anything you think you can pull off. :)

A few years ago, right before I met DH:

Probably the longest my hair has ever been:

Now:

Wow! You can seriously pull off anything! Beautiful! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lovemesomemonster girl you could too! But thank you! I think you've got the face shape to pull off any style. 

• Keep your beautiful hair as it is!
  • You would look gorgeous no matter what! I wish I had your curls.
  • Ok, I love the cut...but ( I'm a stylist so it's in my nature to ask these questions not trying to be rude) are you going to blow dry/ straighten it like that all the time, because it will look vastly different curly? If you're willing to do the work, rock it out. 

• Your hair is gorgeous with that natural curl. Holy cow, beautiful!

But, I love that cut you posted and I really think you could pull it off. 

• I'm all for change and your hair would look beautiful in the shorter cut with bangs.  But it's SO GORGEOUS now.  This is a toughie...
  • I have curly hair too and just did the short cut. My hair was half way down my back and I cut it to above my shoulders. 

I I loved the short look but I do have to dry and straighten/flat iron everyday so that drives me crazy. I'm growing it back out. 
  • Thanks for all of the opinions! It is nice to get some from every angle! My curls do get a little crazy when it is shorter but it takes a whole 10 minutes to blow dry and straighten.. I can't believe this is so hard!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lovemesomemonster How long does it typically take for your hair to grow out? I have hair similar to yours, and I don't want to be a negative nancy, but I hated when I cut it short. It was fun to blow dry for a few weeks but then I started to feel trapped by the routine every morning :| fortunately it grew back fast, but I decided not to go down that road again.

Then again, you said your hair takes only 10 minutes to straighten. So if you want to take that plunge, you go girl. 10 minutes of blow drying really isn't bad. :) you hair looks GORGEOUS btw!

• I've always wished I could have nicole richies hair circa 2005 - still love it now. Not sure if your hair is too curly for this though. It might be a lot of work, and I do love your curls as they are! I have very fine, straight hair but a lot of it. You always want what you can't have!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards