Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor Venue Needed!! Southern California

Hello,

I am in desperate need of a venue for our wedding May 20,2017. We are looking for a venue where we can bring our own catering and own vendors. Also, we would like our wedding to be outdoors since our theme is rustic. 
We want lots of trees and grass to hang lights from. And would like to be able to have our wedding till 11:30pm minimum. (Open to 11:00pm) 

We have a budget for venue only and would like to stay under $6,000 with tables and chairs included linens napkins etc also if possible... 

Hope you can help !!! We are really sweating it!!! 

Re: Outdoor Venue Needed!! Southern California

• Hello,

I am in desperate need of a venue for our wedding May 20,2017. We are looking for a venue where we can bring our own catering and own vendors. Also, we would like our wedding to be outdoors since our theme is rustic. 
    We want lots of trees and grass to hang lights from. And would like to be able to have our wedding till 11:30pm minimum. (Open to 11:00pm) 

We have a budget for venue only and would like to stay under $6,000 with tables and chairs included linens napkins etc also if possible... 

Hope you can help !!! We are really sweating it!!! 
    First, this is an international board... you'll get more specific local help on your local board.

Second, take a breath.  You're looking for a venue more than a year out.  I'm sure you'll find something if you keep your mind open.  Breathe.

Third, why are you set on that exact date?  Do you already have your ceremony scheduled and so need a location for the reception?  If so, don't you want to be a bit more specific in location than "Southern California" since you should have the reception within 30 minutes drive of the ceremony location?  If you're planning on having both the ceremony AND the reception at this venue, maybe you should consider opening up the date to the entire month of May to see if you can find something cheaper on a Sunday if you're willing to move around a bit.

Fourth, your theme should be 'Marriage'.  If you want a rustic or outdoor venue, that's fine, but "rustic" isn't a theme nor should a wedding really have a theme.
  • THIS ^

You might have an issue with a 11:30pm end time for an outdoor wedding.   A lot of places have noise ordinance that end at 10-11pm.  

The place I work as a 10:30 end time for outdoor parties.  Unless we go to the town council, hope they vote yes and then pay for a permit.   Which of course would cut into your budget.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Why don't you call some caterers in the area and ask them what outdoor venues they have gone to?
  • edited February 2016
    What @kmmssgsaid; if you have a preferred caterer they should have a list of venues they have worked in the past to provide you. 
  • Southern California is huge.  Where exactly are you thinking?

• Viczaesar said:
    Southern California is huge.  Where exactly are you thinking?
    Ditto this. Are you looking for more San Diego area?  LA?  Orange County?  Your question is very broad.  There are also local boards that might have more information for you.  This is an international board.  I will say though, that the trendier places tend to be more expensive, just for base rentals.  And you need to have an indoor contingency plan.  May can be 72 or 102 depending on how the weather feels.  

• edited March 2016
    Well, I can tell you outdoor venues in Riverside County legally MUST be done by 10pm, so avoid anything in Riverside County. I am getting married at Owl Creek in Temecula....which if it were not for your time stipulation would have been perfect for you.

For $3500 you get the use of the venue all day (you can start setting up as early as 8 am to avoid rushing), there are two lots, a rustic looking barn, farmhouse to get ready in and tables and chairs are provided. You would just have to provide linens (which you can CERTAINLY do with your remaining venue budget allowance)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards