Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

NWR: Laser hair removal?

I bought a $99 Groupon in Portland for $750 of treatment at a medical spa -- I couldn't pass it up!

My first appointment is Tuesday and I've never done this before. Anyone have experiences to share?

I'm doing full face (not eyebrows, obvi) and (eeeeek) armpits. It'll be amazing to never have to worry about it again, but I have 6 treatments to get through first.
Married and lovin' it!
Our Wedding! (click.)

Re: NWR: Laser hair removal?

• debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bueller? Bueller? 

;)
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • edited December 2011
    my only response is: OW.  Let me know how it goes though!
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha ... they said the actual lasering won't take long at all. The whole appointment for full face and pits is 30 minutes. Could it be that bad? :)
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • edited December 2011
    I dunno.  You can fit a lot of pain into 30 minutes.  I mean, it only takes about 5 seconds for them to rip the hot wax off my eyebrows, but that pain for 30 minutes?  ow ow ow.

Good luck though! ;)

Also, I think we're the only ones hanging out at VKN this week. sad.
  • edited December 2011
    Aw man, I forgot about VKN this week! Anyways...my friend had it done on her stomach a few years ago and she loved it! She never talked much about the procedure but she always talks about how glad she is that she did it. And $99 is a great deal for how much you're getting done!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LolaBelle515LolaBelle515 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a few recommendations from experience. It can definitely work, so that's great that you got such a good deal!

In my experience, the hair will often continue to grow for about a week after the treatment, so if you want to get it done right before your wedding, be sure to give it at least a week after the treatment till your wedding day...or you'll end up still having hair where you don't want it on the big day.

Also, I learned after going through a full 6 treatment set that some people's chemistry means that lazer won't fully do the job. Basically, some people will always have hair in places they won't want it and lazer won't keep it away forever. I go back once a year for a touch up, so to speak...so, it definitely works, but be aware it's not 100% effective for 100% of people just based on body chemistry.

The face isn't painful---the pits, though, I have no idea--seems like it would hurt more, but it's very fast.

Good luck!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding isn't until October, so hopefully starting it now will do a good job. I really don't have "facial hair", but I don't like my sideburns and want those gone! :) So I might be one of those people who it doesn't work for, because I don't have dark hair.

I guess we'll see, but I'm glad you mentioned it because I would probably be disappointed if I didn't know it was a possibility.

Thanks, everyone!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards