Wedding Woes

Tuesday

It's officially DefConn's bday month and I have the feels about it.   He's becoming a gangly boy before my eyes and I want it to stop for a little bit.  :)

The kiddo went back to school today...yay.  

DH has decided to shift his attitude about work, even though not much has changed, and it's working.  He had a long, shitty day yesterday, but came home in a a decent mood and it was pleasant night.  I still hate his job, but at least he's not bringing his shit home with him.

Re: Tuesday

• Son and DD2 also have the strep so they're all 3 on antibiotics.  The good news is that they are all feeling pretty ok.  At least they're not totally miserable.

I feel crappy today and just want to nap.  I think if I just had a good amount of sleep I could start to feel better.

I went to my new client's office yesterday for 3 hours.  It's going to be a lot of work to get everything set up, but they seem nice and willing to help.

Today is my parents' 41st anniversary.  They're going to see Deadpool.
  • It's officially DefConn's bday month and I have the feels about it.   He's becoming a gangly boy before my eyes and I want it to stop for a little bit.  :)

Yes, so much this.  I was looking at summer camps yesterday, and couldn't wrap my brain around Wooz registering for 2nd grade camps.  I kept thinking "That can't be right!"  But no matter how many times I did the math, it was right.  :)  Happy (almost) b-day to DefConn!

For those not on FB, I was in a very minor fender bender yesterday.  Rear ended at a stop sign 2 minutes from my driveway, by a guy on a cell phone.  Kids and I are fine.  Paint is scratched, and more worrisome, now my electronics are acting weird.  Car wouldn't start afterward, so the cop gave us a jump, and now the dash has a whole bunch of indicators.  DH is staying home to deal with it today. 

Wooz was awesome:  she was giddy at first, and then as we sat there waiting for the cops to show up, she kind of shrugged and said "Well, might as well start my Word Study."  She did all her homework in the car while we were dealing with everything.  DS ate Cheez-Its and opined on the cop's resemblance to a hippopotamus.  Good times.  They were both wound up last night, so it took forever to get everyone fed and into bed.
  • Glad you guys are ok, Heffa. Even little fender benders like that can scare the crap out of you, especially if the car starts acting weird after.

Happy birthday month to DefConn!

Today is a good day. When I got home last night, DH washed my car for me (on his own!) and I made chicken gyros for dinner. I finished the evening out watching the Bachelor and drinking wine. The combination of those things has put me in a great mood today.

The dogs were a little weird this morning. Our youngest wouldn't come in from outside this morning when I called her, which is really weird for her. I finally got her inside and she tried to sneak into the basement when I left. She's not allowed down there when we aren't home, and she's never tried going down there when I leave for work. I'm gonna keep an eye on her I think. I hope she's feeling ok.

• Glad everyone is alright from accidents and getting medicated!

I'm in a weird mood/place right now.  I figured I would be, but knowing something logically and experiencing it are 2 different things.  After my birthday and a few last things that were severed with ex-DH (insurance mostly), I think it finally really feels like I'm out on my own.  As one friend put it, "Trying to find your new normal is scary."  I'm kind of hibernating this week, just to try and get my head right.  I have too many personal and professional obligations to just quit for awhile.

This week is kind of light on things to do, so that makes me happy.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    This week is crazy (fun) busy.  Lots of work work, the lead teacher is out tomorrow so I need to lead, mom group, card club, bunco at my house.  We decided we need to landscape NOW which means I have 4 contractors coming out to meet. 

In other news, DH is taking Friday off.  He's taking his mom to lunch.  I know he wants to catch up, but he also wants to chat a bit about her being unfair to me about seeing the kids.  She's been whining and complaining she doesn't see them often, but she seems to never have TIME.  That's fine, but don't give me a hard time about it.  There are also just things we don't trust her with because of her hearing- driving, overnights. 

Fun stuff, my folks are taking the kids for the weekend.  DH and I are building a blanket ladder and doing one of those escape rooms.  Could be interesting!
  • 6fsn said:

DH and I are building a blanket ladder and doing one of those escape rooms.  Could be interesting!
    Let me know how it goes!  This has been on my list for a little while now.
  • i voted. 
  • Those escape rooms are a blast.  We did it with another couple and had so much fun.  
  • It's officially DefConn's bday month and I have the feels about it.   He's becoming a gangly boy before my eyes and I want it to stop for a little bit.  :)
    omg same. Soren's birthday is on the 11th and I'm like nooooo pleeeaasssee I want him to be a baby longer, not a toddlerrrrr.

• 6fsn said:

Fun stuff, my folks are taking the kids for the weekend.  DH and I are building a blanket ladder and doing one of those escape rooms.  Could be interesting!
    The escape rooms are really fun.  We had a group of 10 of us that did one a couple months ago for DH's birthday and it was great.  We failed (we needed about 60 seconds more), but it was still a lot of fun.

• I got about an hour of sleep last night, so I'm exhausted today. And it seems like everyone has problems and changes at work that I have to deal with.  My calendar was empty when I came into work this morning, but is quickly filling with meetings to resolve all these new issues. At least the hectic work day should keep my adrenaline going to keep me awake. 

DH has class tonight and won't be home until around 9pm, so I'm hoping to get some sleep after work, or at least some quiet time to relax and read my book. I hate to say it, but I love it when DH has class and I get the house to myself for an evening.

• Had high hopes for today...  Then I emptied the dishwasher to find a puddle of clean water...  Took it apart, checked all parts, loaded it, went to turn it on and the panel is fried (probably died mid-rinse cycle)..  Of course, it's off of warranty, and the part is $140 if I DIY the repair or to put that money toward a replacement dishwasher even though this one is from 2011... 

Then - it's Caucus night here...  It's a good thing I don't drink because it'd be a knuckle glass night (2 to build up the courage, and two to get the taste out of my mouth).. 

• I finally heard from my sister today. She is in Israel for 2 weeks (got there yesterday) with her church group. She sounds like she is having a blast already, which is good.

Thursday is FI and my 3 year dating anniversary. I have no idea what we are going to do for it.

I think tonight is going to be tacos and margaritas at home OR we will wait until tomorrow and go to $1 tacos and $4 margaritas... Decisions, decisions.

I hope everyone starts feeling better. And Happy Birthday Month DefConn :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    it's snowday #2 in a row, and we're doing superheroes and watching dinosaur train.  Buffy's still on antibiotics, but is finally feelng better.

I need a nap
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards