Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Step-Grandmother Question

Hello again, my knotties!

My mom brought up a valid point this morning that I wanted to run by you all because I really didn't know what to tell her, and we're both conflicted!

On my dad's side of the family I have my grandmother and my step-grandmother. My grandpa died a few years ago, and since then, I have not seen my step-grandmother once. In all fairness, I live on the opposite side of the country, but the times I have come home and my dad tries to get the family together, my step-grandmother has not made appearances. Even my parents who live ten minutes from her have only seen her a couple of times since grandpa died. I know grandmothers are supposed to get corsages, but what should I do in the case of my step-grandmother? Would it be rude to NOT give her a corsage?  

To be honest, we're not even sure if she'll come to the wedding, so this might be a moot point anyway! But I'd like to cover my bases, regardless. 

Re: Step-Grandmother Question

• I would find out if she plans to come.  If she does, then I'd get her a corsage if you're doing that for your grandmother.
  • For heaven's sake, it is only a corsage!  What's the big deal?  If she comes, get her one.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Get her a corsage.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Hello again, my knotties!

My mom brought up a valid point this morning that I wanted to run by you all because I really didn't know what to tell her, and we're both conflicted!

On my dad's side of the family I have my grandmother and my step-grandmother. My grandpa died a few years ago, and since then, I have not seen my step-grandmother once. In all fairness, I live on the opposite side of the country, but the times I have come home and my dad tries to get the family together, my step-grandmother has not made appearances. Even my parents who live ten minutes from her have only seen her a couple of times since grandpa died. I know grandmothers are supposed to get corsages, but what should I do in the case of my step-grandmother? Would it be rude to NOT give her a corsage?  

To be honest, we're not even sure if she'll come to the wedding, so this might be a moot point anyway! But I'd like to cover my bases, regardless. 
    Just get her a corsage.  

• Thanks, everyone. 
  • Another vote for that if she RSVP's yes, to getting her flowers. It's a nice way to pay respect to the memory of your grandfather by honoring his wife.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards