Wedding Woes

Wednesday?

HeffalumpHeffalump member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited March 2016 in Wedding Woes
<3<3<3 MY CAR IS BACK!!!  <3<3<3

In other news, when I picked Wooz up yesterday, she said she wanted to go home and sleep.  I was concerned.  But we got home and she played with a neighbor kid, rode her bike, ate dinner, did homework, and went to bed normal time, so ???  Keeping an eye on things, but I suspect another growth spurt.

Meanwhile, after we put DS to bed last night, I heard noises, so I went to investigate.  He had taken everything out of his bed, his dresser drawers, and half the stuff in his closet and deposited it on Wooz's bed while she slept.  His shoes were all lined up next to her.  So weird!  He seemed half-asleep, and I got him to bed pretty quickly after that, but it's another ???

Happy Wednesday!

ETA:  some rando in the waiting area of the body shop was on the phone loudly complaining when we got there about how he was tired of waiting on this, that, and the other, and he was going to do a "forced takeover."  Whatever.  But then when he saw them pull my car up, he looked at me and said "Is it supposed to have a dent on the side?"  I love DH: he looked at the guy, looked at me, and his face was very 

httpimmigrationgirlcomwp-contentuploads201502danger-will-robinsonjpg

I just told him he didn't need to worry about my car, thanks.  But WTF? 

httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom736xdb9205db92054b42d0aed52385ef5ae5e6f023jpg

Re: Wednesday?

• Happy Wednesday.

I'm close to having laundry caught up again.  I did a ton yesterday (all bedding) and have done two loads of clothes this morning.  I have two loads of towels to do and my laundry closet will be empty.

I'm also trying to get some work done while staring out the window.  It's so nice that it's distracting.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The windows are open!  We spent two hours at the playground yesterday and over an hour outside after school.  IT WAS AWESOME.

Today I'm picking M2 up from preschool and we're picnicking in the park. 

Work is killing me with these "little projects."  If it's 500 lines in excel it's probably not little.  I've had 4 of these this week.  Hours are good though right?
  • @Heffalump - if he's not careful, he might have a dent in *his* side. 

I'm trying to get ahead on work since I'll be out the next 2 weeks - unfortunately I also have to get some slides put together for the gallery walk I'm doing. Not sure when I'm going to get all of it done in the next few days. 

We're in the process of transitioning Wolverine to the more advanced gymnastics class. She's getting a lot better and this class focuses on more tumbling. She's the youngest one in the class, so it's been good for her to see the older kids who can do the skill - I think it's pushing her to try harder and get better. 

DK just bottled his first IPA, yesterday. It's not something he normally drinks, so hopefully he likes what he brewed. 

• Okay, so a little back story. I have 2 sisters, J & K. J is the oldest (43), married, 2 kids and a school teacher. K is the middle sister (39), single, 1 cat and is in finance. K is really into her church and does missionary stuff in Rwanda. Well since things are kind of tense in Rwanda, her and her church decided to go to Israel. Like it isn't tense over there either.

Anyways... I wake up to a text from J that an American tourist has been stabbed to death in Tel Aviv. As of right now, K is in Jerusalem. That is 2 hours outside of Tel Aviv. There were 5 stabbings last night alone, all American tourist. K is safe right now, but has to go to Tel Aviv on Sunday to fly home. Sunday can't be here soon enough, so that she is home safe.

Other than that, it's Wednesday. The non-profit I belong to has a fundraiser tonight called "Women & Wine". We drink too much, play games and spend too much money. We are supposed to wear green, but I looked in my closet this morning to realize that I don't own much green. Guess I'm going to the store before I go there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn said:

Work is killing me with these "little projects."  If it's 500 lines in excel it's probably not little.  I've had 4 of these this week.  Hours are good though right?
    For Excel, that is pretty small. Are you manually entering data, or just analyzing?
  • @NOLA - a cruise or staying at a resort?
  • Putting together agenda and proposal for meeting tonight.  Hopefully this is the meeting that gets everyone on the same Page and moving in the same direction.

My allergies are making me miserable.  And I loathe Missouri Republicans.  I was also going to bitchslap one more Missouri Sanders supporter talking about MI.  MFer, we have a nearly 40 hour filibuster about basic human rights to not be discriminated against going on in MO, but you keep worrying about that presidential primary in another state.  I'll be over here living in reality.
  • Both. It's 2days cruising and 2 days on a resort. It's a cruise out of West Palm Beach. My friend and I got a great deal.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Dh has a coupon for $30 at groupon. I was poking around and found a leather keychain with a longitude and latitude printed on it for $5. Somehow I had a $5 coupon. Partial anniversary gift done. For the $6 shippng. I also found groupings  dinner and mini golf totalling $32-30=$2 for M2s bday fun day. Dinner will be more than $30 but oh well
  • He is so cute. Look at that little face.
  • Day off for me. Did the adulting thing and went to the dentist.  I need minor oral surgery and so I went to do some retail therapy.  And now I'm drinking wine and having lettuce wraps at pf changs, alone. It's glorious.
  • *Barbie* said:
    @Heffalump - if he's not careful, he might have a dent in *his* side. 

We're in the process of transitioning Wolverine to the more advanced gymnastics class. She's getting a lot better and this class focuses on more tumbling. She's the youngest one in the class, so it's been good for her to see the older kids who can do the skill - I think it's pushing her to try harder and get better.

Right?  "Is it supposed to have a dent in the side?"  Yes, a-hole, we paid extra for the side-dent option.  WTF do you think?

As to the second, we're in the same place with Wooz and swim.  Once she finishes this level, we're going to move her up to junior swim league.  The place we're moving her to is awesome--the guy who runs it has been named head coach of the US Women's Olympic swim team.  (Not that that's who she would be working with now.)  They're sending 26 swimmers to the Olympic trials.  So it will be a big step up, but like you, we figure she'll benefit from being exposed to a more challenging program.

@thejucheidea, what a cutie pie!
  • Heffalump said:

As to the second, we're in the same place with Wooz and swim.  Once she finishes this level, we're going to move her up to junior swim league.  The place we're moving her to is awesome--the guy who runs it has been named head coach of the US Women's Olympic swim team.  (Not that that's who she would be working with now.)  They're sending 26 swimmers to the Olympic trials.  So it will be a big step up, but like you, we figure she'll benefit from being exposed to a more challenging program.
    The program that she's in right now isn't competitive, but there's another local school that has Olympic coaches and athletes (Jonathon Horton is one) that coach/train there. It's a nice facility, so if Wolverine ever decides that she really wants to compete, we might look into their program.

• Day off for me. Did the adulting thing and went to the dentist.  I need minor oral surgery and so I went to do some retail therapy.  And now I'm drinking wine and having lettuce wraps at pf changs, alone. It's glorious.

What a coincidence!  I had a dental cleaning appointment at lunch.  I had my gums scaled a few months ago, but they just haven't been healing well and the pockets haven't reduced.

Soooo...today I was told I need to see a periodontist.  Serious bummer.

But on a very happy side, I went under contract today on a real estate investment.  $41K for a 3bd/1ba house that is already being rented out at $1200/month.  Cha-ching. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards