Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower Favors Question

MOH here - planning the bridal shower and am starting to think of ideas for goodie/favor bags.

Might be a silly question but, would the bride herself get a favor bag? And the Mother of the Bride (we're sort of planning it together but she might not be involved with goodie bag arrangements)? 

Trying to get a count and realized I had no idea! Newbie here 

Also- if anyone has creative/fun goodie bag suggestions, I'd love them :smile: 

Thanks everyone!

M

Re: Bridal Shower Favors Question

• MOH here - planning the bridal shower and am starting to think of ideas for goodie/favor bags.

Might be a silly question but, would the bride herself get a favor bag? And the Mother of the Bride (we're sort of planning it together but she might not be involved with goodie bag arrangements)? 

Thanks everyone!

M
    Better food.  Nicer champagne.  Cake AND brownies.  I don't want to take random shit home.  Goodie bags are for children's birthday parties.  You can take this off your To Do list and buy the fancy sorbet for boozy punch.
  • If you're going to do favors, chocolate or something local/regional is always good.
  • MOH here - planning the bridal shower and am starting to think of ideas for goodie/favor bags.

Thanks everyone!

M
    We always have edible "thank you" gifts for guests, and often play off the theme on which the shower was based.  It could be something as simple as large bakery cookies frosted in the color scheme of the shower.  We have made chocolates and sugar cookies in the shape of shoes, and cookies made in the shape of clouds and raindrops.  We have had vases filled with candy in the color scheme of a shower.  Guests were invited to scoop their favorite candies into a provided bag.  I made sure there was one for every guest, including the guest of honor.
  • I did a book, bookmark, and tea when I threw a bridal shower for my book-loving bff. Necessary? No, but I could afford it without cutting elsewhere, so why not?

I had enough for the bride and MOB, and they both took one.

• One for every guest in attendance, including bride and co-hosts. I think sticking to something edible is best.  
  • One for everyone in attendance.

Edible is always good, also things that are small and practical. I threw a low key shower for a friend on a budget, I made the favors which were oreos dipped in chocolate. Two per bag, and I was surprised to see that I only had one or two bags left on the tables that were not claimed.  Personally, I've always been pumped to get lip balm or chapstick as a favor at baby and wedding showers.  
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    One for everyone.

Edible is best.

When I had my shower, my MOH provided a pouch with a few bags of tea in it. Easy, edible, cheap.

At my friends shower, it was another friends idea, we made sugar scrub. It was actually pretty good stuff, but only about half- 3/4 of the jars were taken.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards