Snarky Brides

Is this becoming a thing now?

2»

Re: Is this becoming a thing now?

• My photographer was highly encouraging me to do this when I signed my contract!! It waas no extra charge and the pictures would be adorable!

Yeah. No. So much no.
    Not gonna lie...if this comes as a free part of my package, we're gonna have to have a professionally photographed group cosplay. 

Then again, most of my WP already have what they need for a few cosplay options, and they WANT to show off their handiwork. ;)
    @JediElizabeth, if my friend (also an Elizabeth) was engaged I'd swear you're her!  Between this and the idea for lightsaber bouquets.  Which I will try to talk her into when she gets married:)  We've also discussed Star Trek bridesmaids dresses, like in TOS.  
  • My photographer was highly encouraging me to do this when I signed my contract!! It waas no extra charge and the pictures would be adorable!

Yeah. No. So much no.
    Not gonna lie...if this comes as a free part of my package, we're gonna have to have a professionally photographed group cosplay. 

Then again, most of my WP already have what they need for a few cosplay options, and they WANT to show off their handiwork. ;)
    @JediElizabeth, if my friend (also an Elizabeth) was engaged I'd swear you're her!  Between this and the idea for lightsaber bouquets.  Which I will try to talk her into when she gets married:)  We've also discussed Star Trek bridesmaids dresses, like in TOS.  
    Awesome! The world needs more (well hosted) geeky weddings. ;)

Yeah. No. So much no.

Awesome! The world needs more (well hosted) geeky weddings. ;)
    Nerds!
  • adk19 said:
    adk19 said:
    nerdwife said:
    Could it be a pre-Bachelorette party group photo? 
    I honestly wouldn't hate this...but that's ONLY if it's a photo shoot for all of them to have fun. In other words...solo photos of all the guests on their own, each being given a turn to shine, etc...I would see that as a fun thing to do with my friends.

But if it's JUST group shots with the bride in cute matching outfits? Yeah, no.
    This is the opposite of my idea of fun. So I vote no on all counts.
    If I'm going to take the time to look cute and get professional photos taken of me, they are going to be with FH, not with a bunch of friends of my friend.
    Meh, to each their own. I would love to get dolled up with my friends and have a photoshoot. Especially if champagne is involved. But no, not a "bridesmaid shoot" or whatever this seems to be.
    Yes, a photoshoot with MY friends, I wouldn't mind.  But my friend's sisters, cousins, and friends from a different area of life, NOPE.  This is where the problem is.  I'd prefer a professional photo shoot with FH since it's been 8 years and we don't have a single professional photo taken of the two of us.  A distant second place for pro photos is a group of MY loved ones.  A super distant, barely on the charts third place, would be a shoot with my one close friend and bunch of her friends.
    Yep, very true, it definitely depends on the bridal party/bachelorette group and how close everyone is. It would be a more ideal bachelorette idea for a close group.
    And if you're going to do this with a close friend group, it would make more sense not to have one of you in a tiara/sash to mark her as different (and probably always in the middle).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards