Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Hora Loca!!!!

Hello! My Fiancé and I are looking into hiring Hora Loca entertainment for the last hour of our reception. I think this will really set our reception apart, as none of our guests will know about it and it will be a complete surprise! Have any of you done this at your wedding? How many entertainers did you have? How many props did you purchase and from where? Thanks! 

Re: Hora Loca!!!!

• Options

I don't know this group but make sure you aren't cutting back on anything else (food, drink) to hire a special entertainer. Remember that your reception is a thank you to your guests so your guests should be the focus of your planning. Is this a group they would like? Are your guests really going to stick around for the last hour of your reception? Will it look weird to have a gap in music while your other entertainment gets out of the way and Hora Loca sets up? Do any of your other entertainers have an exclusivity contract that they will be the only provider of entertainment? Are you running into any noise bylaws that having a loud entertainer (I'm assuming they are full music) would not be able to comply with?

What are the props for?

• Options
    I wasn't asking for advice on whether or not I should have Hora Loca. I was specifically asking if anyone had this kind of entertainment and where the props were from. I know my guests, my fiancé is Latin and I'm positive it will be a hit. Thanks. 
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    Here is the website:  http://www.horalocashow.com/hora-loca-show.html
    This is too far outside my culture for me to make a judgement.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Would they, as an entertainment group, not provide their own props?

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Hello! My Fiancé and I are looking into hiring Hora Loca entertainment for the last hour of our reception. I think this will really set our reception apart, as none of our guests will know about it and it will be a complete surprise! Have any of you done this at your wedding? How many entertainers did you have? How many props did you purchase and from where? Thanks! 
    I agree with @ernursej, as long as this doesn't cause you to scrimp on fully hosting food and drink in a comfortable venue, do what you will with the entertainment. But I encourage you not to think of your reception as a competition for "best wedding reception ever!" It could be very memorable, but maybe not in a way you might envision.

We only had a DJ to provide dance music and that was plenty for everyone to have a good time. Don't really know what you mean by props, so probably didn't bother with anything like that.
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    Would they, as an entertainment group, not provide their own props?

Seems odd to me that they wouldn't. My brother was a wedding DJ for years as a side gig, and his company provided all the props.
  • Options
    you can purchase from the entertainment company, but it is cheaper to purchase on your own. It is very different than a DJ. 
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    And no, I did not compromise anything else in order to pay for this entertainment. This is just something fun we want to do for our guests. 
  • Options
    you can purchase from the entertainment company, but it is cheaper to purchase on your own. It is very different than a DJ. 
    Gotcha. 

Do you think this is something that your guests would enjoy?
  • Options
    Gotcha. 

Do you think this is something that your guests would enjoy?
    Yes, I do. I've seen it done before and it's a blast. 
  • Options
    My SIL did this at her "wedding" last year. It was actually the first hour of dancing to sort of kick off the party after dinner, not at the end of the night. By the last hour, people are either dancing already or not going to. 

The entertainer was through the DJ and provided all the props. It was a hit, but it was in Miami where everyone is accustomed to it. 
  • Options
    My SIL did this at her "wedding" last year. It was actually the first hour of dancing to sort of kick off the party after dinner, not at the end of the night. By the last hour, people are either dancing already or not going to. 

The entertainer was through the DJ and provided all the props. It was a hit, but it was in Miami where everyone is accustomed to it. 
    Yes, we are in Miami too! It has become very popular here! Thanks for your input! Glad it was enjoyable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards