Chit Chat

Any good shopping purchases lately?

With the weather getting a bit warmer I'm itching to go shopping for warm weather clothes/shoes. What have you purchased lately/what's on your want list? Pics/links encouraged! 

Re: Any good shopping purchases lately?

• I've never worked in an office before, and I found that I really loathe wearing pants all day... like, I just about can't, especially after lunch!  So I've bought a ton of dresses and leggings in the last month!  Old Navy had some cute, not too tight ones.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• luckya23 said:
    I've never worked in an office before, and I found that I really loathe wearing pants all day... like, I just about can't, especially after lunch!  So I've bought a ton of dresses and leggings in the last month!  Old Navy had some cute, not too tight ones.

I live in dresses in the summer because they are so much more comfortable, especially if you have to wear dress pants to work.
  • Mine is pretty funny because I haven't even had the baby yet...and already life is no longer about me! Yesterday I found an awesome deal on diapers so I bought $100 worth in varying sizes per my SIL advice. Saved $30!

• kvruns said:
    luckya23 said:
    I've never worked in an office before, and I found that I really loathe wearing pants all day... like, I just about can't, especially after lunch!  So I've bought a ton of dresses and leggings in the last month!  Old Navy had some cute, not too tight ones.

I live in dresses in the summer because they are so much more comfortable, especially if you have to wear dress pants to work.
    I've been wondering - what do you do when it's no longer legging weather??

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• luckya23 said:
    kvruns said:
    luckya23 said:

Maxi skirts. For me, there is no in between. It's boots and leggings or sandals and maxi skirts.

I also just got an email from Old Navy that dresses are 40% off.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited March 2016
    luckya23 said:
    kvruns said:
    luckya23 said:

I live in leggings.  In the summer, I either wear dresses with spanx, or tunics with capri length leggings.

I'm going to Miami next month, and am obsessed with the Handkerchief Dresses.  I have a $50 amazon gift card to use but am scared to buy this without trying it on!

Edited because I no longer know how to spell or spell check!  SMH
  • @ShesSoCold I just checked Old Navy earlier this morning - not a lot in the way of cute maxi dresses or skirts. Some cute shorter dresses but they're pretty similar to things I already have from there.
  • @ShesSoCold I just checked Old Navy earlier this morning - not a lot in the way of cute maxi dresses or skirts. Some cute shorter dresses but they're pretty similar to things I already have from there.

Oh, okay. I haven't been too impressed with their summer skirt/dresses in the last few years. Or their winter sweater-y dresses this past year. But I thought I'd mention the sale since ON was brought up.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Recently I've bought most of my clothes from groopdealz.com. It's one of those sites where boutiques post items and the offer expires in x amount of days/hours. They have tons of cute tunics and dresses on there basically all the time, and the prices really aren't bad.

Oh, okay. I haven't been too impressed with their summer skirt/dresses in the last few years. Or their winter sweater-y dresses this past year. But I thought I'd mention the sale since ON was brought up.

so actually I'm really glad you mentioned it - I stopped there on my way home yesterday and bought 2 dresses.  one was a grey knit midi which is perfect for work.  The other was a cute navy print sundress - just because.  Have not really had too much luck at ON before, so I was happy.
  • @luckya23 cute dress! I feel like those dresses never fit me right but they always look so good online...
  • Recently I've bought most of my clothes from groopdealz.com. It's one of those sites where boutiques post items and the offer expires in x amount of days/hours. They have tons of cute tunics and dresses on there basically all the time, and the prices really aren't bad.
    Shut up!  That polka dot maxi skirt on the front page!
    I feel like I could spend a LOT of time on this site...
  • luckya23 said:
    kvruns said:
    luckya23 said:

well I only do leggings in the winter with boots and a dress or long sweater. I have a casual dress code at work now so I wear jeans a lot and mine are comfy. I'd cry if I had to go back to dress pants because their not as comfortable (read: they're not stretchy like the rest of the clothes I wear now lol)

I bought a bunch of maxi skirts from JC Penney last year. They kept having $10 off $10 coupons in the mail and the skirts were like $15-20 on sale so they were worth it for $5-10 and a couple of them I really love

I used to shop a site like that, I forget what it is called now as it went out of business but you could get some awesome designer and boutique stuff for like 75% off
    I feel like I could spend a LOT of time on this site...
    I know right???? They put new deals up every day, too. So I check it every day, naturally.

• I bought myself a cute swimsuit online the other day. Not because I need one, mind you (aside from lakeside beaches, zero plans to go anywhere to sport this thing this summer), but it was just too cute and on a 45% sale. When the sun and warm weather starts finally coming out, cute swimsuits are my kryptonite. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    How have I never known about this site?!? This is dangerous.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just bought a few plain T's (because that's my style, plain) from amazon.   How are the groupdealz for plus size clothing? (I can't shop without signing up, and don't really want to yet)

This reminds me of jane.com where I already spend too much money. I'm excited to find a new place to hunt deals! 

For those who love leggings and dresses/skirts, have you heard of Lularoe? I just recently discovered it and I have quickly become obsessed. It's a direct sales company which I'm usually wary of but their leggings and other clothes are sooo soft and comfy. The maxis are my favorite. My coworkers always ask why I'm so dressed up when I wear them but honestly, they are basically leggings in skirt form. 
  • Lulawife said:
    Recently I've bought most of my clothes from groopdealz.com. It's one of those sites where boutiques post items and the offer expires in x amount of days/hours. They have tons of cute tunics and dresses on there basically all the time, and the prices really aren't bad.
    This reminds me of jane.com where I already spend too much money. I'm excited to find a new place to hunt deals! 

For those who love leggings and dresses/skirts, have you heard of Lularoe? I just recently discovered it and I have quickly become obsessed. It's a direct sales company which I'm usually wary of but their leggings and other clothes are sooo soft and comfy. The maxis are my favorite. My coworkers always ask why I'm so dressed up when I wear them but honestly, they are basically leggings in skirt form. 

my friends are obsessed with lularoe.  a lot of them are!  But Im not a leggings/skirt/dress person who I don't think I have any need to join a party - online or otherwise.

• I buy a lot on Zulily these days.  They're pretty good about returns too... for example a cardigan I ordered arrived with a rip in the sleeve.  I messaged them and they just gave me a site credit for the sweater, and said to keep it.  My mom is going to fix it when she comes to visit, so... free sweater!

The only downside is it takes a few weeks to receive the items because they don't ship until the "event" is over.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • I bought myself a cute swimsuit online the other day. Not because I need one, mind you (aside from lakeside beaches, zero plans to go anywhere to sport this thing this summer), but it was just too cute and on a 45% sale. When the sun and warm weather starts finally coming out, cute swimsuits are my kryptonite. 
    Where'd you order it from? I need a new one since mine was a maternity bathing suit last year!
    *********************************************************************************

• @CharmedPam I just got on there and I didn't see any plus sizes. Which is going to annoy me now. I know Zulily has lots of plus size clothing though!

• @charmedpam I have a bazillion plain tees from H&M. Wearing a grey one right now....they are usually $10, sometimes 2 for 10!

• I just spent almost $200.00 on t-shirts from sevenly.com

I tried to get rid of some of the shirts in my cart, but they were so cute and some of the money does go to a good cause. But still, I have better things to spend my money on than t-shirts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards