Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Wedding Paper Divas sucks...

Guys…PLEASE read the reviews on Yelp etc. and understand that they will not send you a professional product and will not take proper recourse or responsibility for sending you an incorrect/ horrible looking product.  So that I don't waste your time with personal anecdote let me list the things that WPD did in order:

1) I PAID for expedited shipping and it arrived 3 days later than it was supposed to
2) The envelopes for my save the dates were glued to one another/ glued shut
3) Called and placed a replacement order and was told these would be overnighted to me- they were never sent
4) Called several days later to report that these were not sent to me and was told they had no idea why they weren't and that it would be another 3 days until I got them (at this point it has been 1.5 weeks since I should have received and send out my save the dates)
5) finally got the replacement today and they had the same problem of being glued together- called to get a refund because it has been 2 weeks now and I want my money back for their terrible product
6) was told that they would only give me a store credit or a refund if I sent back all of the save the dates- I told them I needed to send them out because I should have 2 weeks ago- they told me that EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE GOING TO THROW THEM AWAY WHEN THEY GOT THEM I couldn't keep any.

End of the day- horrible customer service and completely inconsiderate "solution" to a series of errors.

Re: Wedding Paper Divas sucks...

• Options
    Thanks for the heads up. Sorry you're having to deal with this. 
  • Options
    I agree with PP, if it was just the STDs impacted I'd send them back and get my money back, leave reviews that outline what you have here, and move on with a drink of your choice. 
  • Options
    Guys…PLEASE read the reviews on Yelp etc. and understand that they will not send you a professional product and will not take proper recourse or responsibility for sending you an incorrect/ horrible looking product.  So that I don't waste your time with personal anecdote let me list the things that WPD did in order:

1) I PAID for expedited shipping and it arrived 3 days later than it was supposed to
    2) The envelopes for my save the dates were glued to one another/ glued shut
    3) Called and placed a replacement order and was told these would be overnighted to me- they were never sent
    4) Called several days later to report that these were not sent to me and was told they had no idea why they weren't and that it would be another 3 days until I got them (at this point it has been 1.5 weeks since I should have received and send out my save the dates)
    5) finally got the replacement today and they had the same problem of being glued together- called to get a refund because it has been 2 weeks now and I want my money back for their terrible product
    6) was told that they would only give me a store credit or a refund if I sent back all of the save the dates- I told them I needed to send them out because I should have 2 weeks ago- they told me that EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE GOING TO THROW THEM AWAY WHEN THEY GOT THEM I couldn't keep any.

End of the day- horrible customer service and completely inconsiderate "solution" to a series of errors.
    STDates do not have a time requirement, so you're actually fine with sending them out whenever you'd like, or not sending them out at all.  Sorry you had this experience though.
  • Options
    Sorry you had a bad experience. I got my STDs, Invites, and Rehearsal Dinner invites from them and loved them! They looked super professional and I thought shipping was always faster than expected though I never paid for expedited. I had no issues with the envelopes. I even worked with them to get custom colors and different formatting and they were super helpful. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I personally had a great experience with them with both my STDs and my invites. My invites were supposed to have rounded corners, and they originally shipped me the wrong ones. I contacted their customer service right away and they were extremely helpful. I had the corrected invites in two days. 
  • Options

I used WPD for my STDs and had no problems. 

I also think its pretty common practice to ask for any product back if you want your money returned.  Why should you still get to use a product if you want your money back?

• Options

I also think its pretty common practice to ask for any product back if you want your money returned.  Why should you still get to use a product if you want your money back?

Most smaller companies I have dealt with (and a few friends who are small business owners with online shops) ask for product back so they can verify the defect exists, try to get to the source of the issue, and then take corrective measures, whether that's to get a refund from their own suppliers if there was a faulty product involved or to help them train the person who may have made the error.  Is it possible the envelopes were fine when they packed them, but humid conditions in the mailing process caused the issue?  I get that it's a pain to go to the post office and pay money to mail things back, but that is the risk of purchasing things online versus in person.

Also regarding the expedited shipping, is it because they didn't mail it expedited or they mailed it late according to the postmark?  Because some things are beyond your control once it leaves your hands, like weather delaying mail.  I'm not sure where this company is or where OP is, but a few weeks back the East coast had terrible storms and many things shut down and there's been terrible flooding down south in recent weeks.  Stuff happens.  I've had packages get temporarily lost.  I once ordered something promised to be received with in 7-10 days. Three weeks later still nothing so I called up the company and we sort of got into it (the package included a gift certificate for a gift I was giving and they were concerned about getting scammed).  They shipped a replacement that I got right away and four weeks after that the original package showed up and the postmark confirmed it was mailed the day they said it was.  I mailed it back to them. Stuff happens.
  • Options
    Is it possible that there were delays in shipments due to an act of God?   That's the general classification when a storm, flood or other event has rendered transportation ineffective.   It doesn't matter how much you paid for the air freight or that it was shipped via air - the delay renders it stalled.   You should have a tracking # so you can see when it was actually sent.

While no one else can use your STDs except you, do you think you should have been able to get them for free?   
  • Options

This. As someone who used to own an Etsy shop I can attest that there are people out there who will attempt to scam their way into having both the product and the refund. I'm not saying that's what you were trying to do, OP, I'm just letting you know there is a reason this is a common practice. It's like the people at restaurants who  eat their entire meal than want it taken off the bill claiming it was horrible. You can't have it both ways. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience.  I personally had a great experience and recommend them to others. I thought the invitations looked extremely well done and professional, the paper was high quality even for the basic option. I didn't have any problems with the envelopes stuck shut.
  • Options
    Just to chime in with my experience - I also had a great experience with WPD for our invites. We did expedited shipping and I was impressed by how reasonable it was, and we got everything on the expected date.

The proof was sent to me more quickly than expected, and when one of my custom colors didn't quite look the way I had hoped on the proof, the designer offered to give me a call and we figured it out together. I was impressed by that level of personal support. 

For $300 we got 100 invites, RSVP cards, and enclosures, plus an envelope upgrade. I was satisfied with that value, and with the quality of the invites.

Only tiny complaints would be a slight off-centering on some custom-added wording (that I probably should have caught myself on the proof) and a slight difference in coloration for one of the default colors between the invite and RSVP card. Honestly the type of things that no guest probably noticed, but I just happened to because I'm a little nit-picky. I'd definitely order from them again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards