Chit Chat

Dreams about the wedding

Did anyone else have dreams about their wedding?

In the past 2 weeks:
  • I have dreamt that I forgot to buy FI's ring, so I had to run out that day and missed my hair appointment
  • I forgot to get my dress altered and the day of it doesn't fit
  • A storm hit and I couldn't get to the ceremony site and FI was there waiting for me
I should also note, that I am normally a vivid dreamer.  For years after graduating college, I dreamt (or dreamed, both work, right?) that I forgot my cap and gown, or showed up and didn't qualify to graduate.  Hell, last night I dreamt that Kate McKinnon arrested me for drinking a bottle of wine while driving a golf cart LOL.

But the switch to wedding dreams is recent, and I still have 8 months to go!  What were your crazy dreams about?

Re: Dreams about the wedding

• As a student I frequently dream that there was an extra college class I had signed up for at some point that I forgot about and never passed, or that I was trying to find a final exam in a strange location, and once I get there, I realize I have no pen or pencil. 

Two night ago I just had my first weird wedding dream, tho! FI and I hadn't bought rings, either, and I ended up doing nothing with my hair (I plan on doing a floral crown and updo, but the crown never came in in my dream and I didn't have time for an updo), and my mom wasn't feeling well so she didn't want to be in any of the photos or go to the reception, and I felt really bad. 

Even in the chaos, though, it wasn't a bad dream. We did get married in it, and I woke up happy, albeit feeling the pressure to get some things done!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had frequent dreams that DH decided to break up with me the day of the wedding. Those dreams were horrible. Sometimes it would put me in a funk the whole next day.

I also dreamt that I showed up and didn't know anybody at the wedding, or that nobody came, or that way too many people came.

• had my first wedding dream this weekend. only half of the people we invited RSVPed so we had no idea who would even show up, fewer than half of my bridal party was there FIs parents weren't there, it was horrible. i woke up sweaty and nervous.
  • I had a couple that started about 4 months ago.

- FI's cousin was told we couldn't accommodate her very young children at the wedding and showed up with them anyway. We let them stay, and the two kids proceeded to wreck the cake and trash the venue. 

- The best man (who's extremely flaky and can't remember the wedding date even though he was asked if the date is ok with him and we confirmed it multiple times) had the rings and simply did not show up, and we couldn't get a hold of him. 

- Not one of mine, but FI actually had a nightmare that I bought a black wedding dress and woke up panicking. I may have taken teasing him about it a little too far when he misunderstood a comment I made about buying a dress in black. 
  • I had a ton of wedding anxiety dreams in the weeks leading up to my wedding! The only one I remember now is where I showed up to the venue on the day of, but realized we never actually mailed the invitations. Somehow most guests still showed up, but it was really stressful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh yea, and I have crazy vivid dreams too. I had a really crazy one that I posted about here. I think the DJ dropped his kidney on the way to my wedding or something like that lol. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Heck, yes! I dream about everything and very vividly. At least the wedding dreaming has taken over work dreaming. Most of my dreams are at least pleasant, although about a week ago, I dreamed that the marriage commissioner didn't show up and so we couldn't get married. 
  • I've been married for 10 days and I dream about my wedding a lot. It's always a different wedding with different problems. I can't figure out why. The wedding dreams kept me up a lot last night. 
  • Oh those are fun. I had them about everything that I hadn't done, as soon as I did it I stopped having that particular dream. First it was the color of my dress, once I got the dress I stopped having it, then it was that I forgot to send invites and nobody showed up, then it was that I forgot to finalize food and there was no food.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I had many dreams involving me becoming super pregnant before the wedding. 
  • Thanks you guys!  You make me feel so much better and slightly less crazy!  I love all of these (except @ElcaB 's, I'll pass on that dream hahaha).
  • i'm so glad to read all of these because now i know i'm not the only one....  so my wedding is nearly a year off and i've started having these dreams and it's been freaking me out.  like Saturday night i had a dream where i stepped into the hall for the start of the ceremony i did not recognize anybody...not a soul...but they all seemed to know me.  Then to top it all off... my FI was someone else as well...but he seemed to know me - i woke up in a panic, all sweaty... ugh....   another year of this... really?   lol
  • I had constant nightmares about exchanging our vows and then turning around to see that no one came to our wedding. 
  • I keep having dreams that they are starting the wedding and I am not ready. One time I wasn't even at the venue but the music was starting. It was the wrong DJ since it was time yet... It was strange because I was just so confused, how could they start the wedding without the bride? The last one wasn't so bad, I hadn't gotten my dress altered yet and was clipped in the back. So I threw on a cardigan and got married. It was nice actually.
  • MrsH2016MrsH2016 member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2016

I am so glad I'm not alone, when it comes to wedding dreams! I'm getting married in just under three months, and I've had three crazy wedding dreams so far. In order, here they are:

1. Everyone showed up late to the wedding, including the WP! We had to push everything back an hour, and my "Type-A" personality was not having it.

2. The ceremony and reception were "backwards." I have no idea how this happened, but everyone came to the reception venue first, had  great time, and then watched our ceremony. (Maybe this was due to my constant worrying about making sure the invites were printed correctly?)

3.  Our ceremony was a mess. The music was played incorrectly (the WP had the correct songs, but I some how walked down the aisle to a Beyoncé song...) and the things taking place in the ceremony were out of order (rings first, etc.). Also one of my crazy ex-friends who had offered to help with the wedding backed out (that happened for real...long story!), and for some reason, she cancelled our party bus and cupcakes to spite us. We still got married, but it was a bizarre day.

• MrsH2016 said:

I am so glad I'm not alone, when it comes to wedding dreams! I'm getting married in just under three months, and I've had three crazy wedding dreams so far. In order, here they are:

1. Everyone showed up late to the wedding, including the WP! We had to push everything back an hour, and my "Type-A" personality was not having it.

2. The ceremony and reception were "backwards." I have no idea how this happened, but everyone came to the reception venue first, had  great time, and then watched our ceremony. (Maybe this was due to my constant worrying about making sure the invites were printed correctly?)

3.  Our ceremony was a mess. The music was played incorrectly (the WP had the correct songs, but I some how walked down the aisle to a Beyoncé song...) and the things taking place in the ceremony were out of order (rings first, etc.). Also one of my crazy ex-friends who had offered to help with the wedding backed out (that happened for real...long story!), and for some reason, she cancelled our party bus and cupcakes to spite us. We still got married, but it was a bizarre day.

I mean, there are worse things in life than making a Beyonce style entrance;).
  • I have them all the time, and like what @lovemesomemonster said, they usually have something to do with what I haven't done yet.

My weirdest one to date was that we had our ceremony in a high school gym on the basketball court, and there were kids playing basketball on the other half of the court, and only 11 people showed up. Don't know what that one meant!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsH2016 said:

I mean, there are worse things in life than making a Beyonce style entrance;).
    Haha, I agree! It was just crazy though, and super unexpected! In reality, I would rock it.
  • My weddings dreams ranged from not too crazy (a few hundred people showing up) to zombie apocalypse at the wedding. I think there was tornado during the ceremony in one of my dreams, too. But the zombies ruining the ceremony, now that was something else.
  • I have them all the time, and like what @lovemesomemonster said, they usually have something to do with what I haven't done yet.

My weirdest one to date was that we had our ceremony in a high school gym on the basketball court, and there were kids playing basketball on the other half of the court, and only 11 people showed up. Don't know what that one meant!

That is fantastic! My weirdest one was about the color of my dress. I ordered it in ivory and champagne but had only seen it in white, I had a dream that I put it on the day of and it was some crazy green, pink and brown combination with a huge leather brown belt, it looked like something out of Peter Pan. In the same dream I forgot to order any food and send out invites so I was just hanging out in my Peter Pan dress by myself.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a dream recently that my FMIL didn't want to stay at the hotel so she was trying to convince us to rent a house with her.  I have weird wedding anxiety dreams all the time.  I'll have to try and remember them.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a dream the other night that FI and I had our wedding, but I couldn't remember if we said our vows, or "I do".  I do remember at the end of the dream I ended up at McDonalds ordering a McGriddle and pancakes. Unfortunately, I woke up before I could enjoy said mcgriddle and pancakes.. such a shame. 
  • I had a dream I forgot to buy shoes and didn't realize it until I was getting dressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards