Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Plus 1 no inner envelope

I am planning on using belly bands for my invites and no inner envelopes. Anyone that has done this, how did you let your guests know they can bring a plus one? 

Re: Plus 1 no inner envelope

• Options
    I am planning on using belly bands for my invites and no inner envelopes. Anyone that has done this, how did you let your guests know they can bring a plus one? 
    On the outer envelope, address the card to both invited guests.  Whenever possible, you should try to obtain the name of all your guests, including SO's.
  • Options

Assuming that you have an outer envelope and then the invite inside wrapped in the band, I would just put "Mr. Joe Blow and guest" on the outer and only envelope. Just checking, but I'm hoping that anyone in a relationship has their SO invited and then it would be by name i.e. "Mr. Joe Blow and Ms. Jane Doe".

@CMGragain is the best person for advice on invitations and addressing.

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    We just inserted a small card with a handwritten, "You are invited to bring a guest."  A plus one means that the person invited can bring along another person, or "date".  Since you do not know who that person will be, you address the invitation only to the person you are inviting.
    People who are in relationships are invited as a couple.  This is not a "plus one", but only standard etiquette.  You address the invitation to both people with the woman's name on the first line, and the man's name on the second line, assuming that they are not married.  Same sex couples, order doesn't matter.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    @CMGragain - I just learned something. Thank you! I thought it was either the man's name  or the member of the couple that the bride/groom knew that came first. Will make sure to file this in the information for sending out my invites.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    The man's title comes first when it is Mr. and Mrs. John Doe.  Otherwise, it is usually the lady.  There are some exceptions involving military rank.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards