Wedding Reception Forum

Reception Hall

I am not sure what to do with the ceiling of the social hall for my reception.  My color is Royal blue and sunflowers.  Fall wedding.  Any ideas?

Re: Reception Hall

• I am not sure what to do with the ceiling of the social hall for my reception.  My color is Royal blue and sunflowers.  Fall wedding.  Any ideas?

Honestly, I wouldn't care about the ceiling as a guest unless it was caving in on me.  Save your time and budget for decorating your tables or upgrading your food/beverages, as guests are more likely to notice/care about those.
  • The only time I noticed a ceiling was when the draping fell down. Unless you have unlimited funds, I would encourage you to put the money towards upgrading food and drink.
  • I would do nothing to the ceiling. Unless you have an uncapped budget, it's one of those costs you'll look back and be like "why...? when we could have done XYZ.."

*********************************************************************************

• I have no idea what the ceiling looked like at my reception. 
  • Do people actually look at ceilings?  I mean, I guess they would if you were having your reception in the Sistine Chapel, but other then that I doubt people are going to look up and think "Oh look at that ugly ceiling.  Completely ruins the whole wedding."

• My DD and SIL had lights strung across the top (wasn't actually the ceiling) of the dance floor. Other than that I couldn't tell you what the ceiling looked like.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I actually had ONE guest comment on the ceiling of our venue ("I really liked the room, but thought the quality of the ceiling material didn't match the rest of the room). He is an engineer, though ;)

Honestly, I don't look up at ceilings often, unless there is something to look at. I definitely didn't look up at the ceiling at my wedding.

I agree to take any money you're considering for ceiling decor and put it toward food and drink.

If you *REALLY* want to do something, strings of lights would be fairly cheap. I have also seen those large colourful paper balls hung- would also be cheap.
  • What's wrong with the ceiling as it currently (hopefully) stands?
  • The ceiling?  Really?

• I'm lucky I even know what the ceiling in my own house looks like.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Unless you're planning to pay for your reception site's social hall ceiling renovation, no one really gives two <turds> what it looks like... They do however care that the food and cake are yummy, the drinks are wonderful, and the ice hasn't melted before the drink is poured, they have a seat to sit on, and don't have to walk 6 miles to see you wed...  Those details are more important...  Use the money you'd spend to do anything with the ceiling at your reception venue to pay down your mortgage!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards