• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Chit Chat

How do you feel about your state's selection?

2»

Re: How do you feel about your state's selection?

• kimmiinthemittenkimmiinthemitten Detroit, MI member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    emmaaa said:
    kvruns said:
    emmaaa said:
    Points to the author for delineating the two types of NC sauces. H grew up with the eastern (vinegar) stuff, so it's his favorite, but I hate it and love the sweet tomato sauce on my bbq.
    This. DH and I are both from and live in central NC so we like both. But if I'm looking for a good, classic BBQ, then I want the Eastern sauce.

I had no idea there were 2 different kinds, whenever I hear Carolina BBQ I think of the vinegar stuff which I don't like.
    It's a big debate in NC, lol. I like the sweet tomatoe-y sauce too but more in the winter time.
    I spent a lot of time with my German grandmother growing up, so I could drink vinegar by the glass.  I was so excited when I spent 10 days in Greeneville, NC and tried a vinegar based BBQ sauce!  I ask now before ordering which style of sauce it is.
    emmaaa
  • I didn't realize the pork tenderloin was such an Iowa thing, but I do love a good tenderloin. I don't think I've ever had one quite as big as the one in the photo, though. Almost! I agree with the choice!
  • I will agree with the CT pizza because I love pizza and New Haven pizza is delicious.  As a current MA resident the chowder is good but we have way better cuisine than that.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • New Haven pizza is the best.   I would LOVE a white clam right now.   

And a hot buttered lobster roll would be great as well.  
    laurad75
  • peachy13peachy13 in my cubicle, doing very important work member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary First Answer
    MA born and raised and was expecting lobster roll (so perfect for Maine though), chowder, or boston cream pie. Cool with chowder. Chowder is awesome.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• spockforprezspockforprez Virginia member
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    VA - Virginia ham, YES. We also call it country ham. Salty and tasty... it's the best with spicy mustard on a White House roll!

Also on the BBQ debate, I am firmly in the Carolina vinegar camp. #Vinegar2016
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    emmaaa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards