Wedding Invitations & Paper

Addressing Save the Dates

Hi ladies, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one but I just want to check with you guys to make sure I do this correctly!

FI and I are still deciding whether we will invite kids to the wedding (we'll invite in circles and not split families if we do). FMIL has been letting cousins know when it comes up that we are leaning towards having adults only, but that nothing's set in stone yet. 

When addressing the STD's to the cousins in question, we would address it to the couple, correct? For example: 

Mr. Mrs. John Smith
123 Main St.

and not 

The Smith Family
123 Main St. 

Re: Addressing Save the Dates

• Yup, your first one is correct.  If you addressed it with the second option then you are saying that their kids are in fact invited.

• Perfect, thank you!!
  • Hi ladies, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one but I just want to check with you guys to make sure I do this correctly!

FI and I are still deciding whether we will invite kids to the wedding (we'll invite in circles and not split families if we do). FMIL has been letting cousins know when it comes up that we are leaning towards having adults only, but that nothing's set in stone yet. 

When addressing the STD's to the cousins in question, we would address it to the couple, correct? For example: 

Mr. Mrs. John Smith
    123 Main St.

and not 

The Smith Family
    123 Main St. 
    If you decide to invite the kids, you'd include the children's names on the inner envelope.  If you're not having an inner envelope then you'd address it
    Mr. and Mrs. John Smith
    Mary, Elise, and James
    123 Main Street
    So either way "The Smith Family" is wrong.
  • edited March 2016
    STDs aren't required, so you could skip them. If you really want to send STDs, I'd suggest you not send them until your guest list is firm. 

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    Always keep in mind that addressing anything to "The ___ Family" can be interpreted by some as,"Oh, I can bring my 3 cousins. They're family." Most people wouldn't do this, but we've seen some crazy shit.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thanks ladies! Guest list is finalized, just going back and forth on the kids but they're likely invited. 

@AddieCake I'm hoping nobody we know is that crazy, but wow!!
  • My sisters wedding, this happened. She sent an invite to my elderly aunt who had a live in family member (I forget who), so she addressed it "The ____ Family". Elderly aunt invited random relatives, and one of them wore her "Legalize Marijuana Already!" shirt, and handed out buttons.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards