Attire & Accessories Forum

High-low bridal gown, what length dress for bridesmaids?

I bought a high-low gown at David's Bridal for my beach destination wedding.  It's perfect and flowy and I love it!  But should my bridesmaids wear long or short dresses?  What have other high-low brides done?  TIA!

Re: High-low bridal gown, what length dress for bridesmaids?

• Short dresses are more practical for a beach wedding.  There are no rules about this,
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I would talk with your maids about what they would be most comfortable wearing. Make sure to have the conversations privately and also bring up budget at that point. Short dresses would be cooler but I would personally prefer a longer dress as it would protect my legs from the sun.
  • I would prefer a long dress as well, but it doesn't really matter.  
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Short. 
  • I'd go with short dresses. A high-lo dress is more casual, and the BMs dresses should be of the same formality.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • For a beach wedding, I'd most definitely want to wear a short dress. 
  • I'd go with short dresses. A high-lo dress is more casual, and the BMs dresses should be of the same formality.

This. Also, it'd be easier to walk in sand in a short dress and would likely be more comfortable if it's a tropical destination.
    *********************************************************************************

• If it's a beach wedding, short dresses will be more convenient and comfortable.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    *I* would say short, but I'd let your BMs wear whatever they are most comfortable in.

Maxi dresses are casual and often worn in summer/warm places- no issues with a long dress there. Actually, I love my maxi dress in the hot summer, because I can sit with my legs comfortably apart while keeping covered, vs. a short dress where your thighs stick together with sweat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards