Chit Chat

Oh honey, do you really think he wants to watch reality TV?

I saw this and snorted http//www.tmz.com/2016/03/23/say-yes-to-the-dress-bride-wedding/

A bride is upset that her SYTTD episode might air before the wedding and then her FI could see her in her dress.

Or you know, he could just NOT WATCH THE SHOW. 

Re: Oh honey, do you really think he wants to watch reality TV?

• Oh I'd be pissed about this too! I assumed the held them until post-wedding. And even if he doesn't watch other guests might. 
  • If you go on SYTTD, need to accept that you don't get to pick the air date of your episode, and, I don't know... Maybe ask the producers when it will air? To get upset after the fact is just silly. It's something she should have thought about before going on the show.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I would kind of be upset about this too- I wouldn't want the episode airing until after my wedding either. But, I would think this is something you ask the producer before hand, or it's something that is spelled out in a contract that you sign??
  • The fact that she would get an injunction over this is ludicrous. 
    Also, she just called major attention to her episode and surely is now boosting ratings for people (like me!) to watch the Bratty Bride tomorrow. 
    She should have just shut her mouth, set her DVR, and played dumb when her FI asked when it would air. Now all her family and friends will watch it too and ruin her BIG REVEAL! 

• I always assumed they aired after the wedding, but I guess that would just be the ones where they show clips from it. I have never really bought into the whole drama of someone knowing what your dress looks like before hand so I wouldn't really care. I mean is someone going to do a no show to your wedding now that they know what your dress looks like?
  • It's very sad that she say's this will 'ruin her wedding' but I am looking forward to seeing what her $40,000 gown looks like.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    I am sure she had to sign paperwork when agreeing to be filmed for this show. I am sure that somewhere in that paperwork it mentions that they can broadcast the show whenever the hell they want.  So if you don't want everyone to see your dress prior to the wedding, then don't go on the show.  It is pretty simple.

ETA now that I got the link to work:  If she wanted to make damn sure that the show wouldn't air before her wedding, she should have gotten that oral agreement written down.

• I could easily see where the show season would end before someone's wedding date came around, depending how far in advance of the wedding they went shopping. I think you'd have almost expect it.
  • laurad75 said:
    It's very sad that she say's this will 'ruin her wedding' but I am looking forward to seeing what her $40,000 gown looks like.  

I couldn't get the article to open but 40K dress???
  • kvruns said:
    laurad75 said:
    It's very sad that she say's this will 'ruin her wedding' but I am looking forward to seeing what her $40,000 gown looks like.  

Here is an article from NY Daily News that says she spent $40K.  
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/bride-yes-dress-suit-tlc-show-broke-vows-article-1.2576365

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NY Daily News is calling it a 40K dress.

• laurad75 said:
    kvruns said:
    laurad75 said:

Here is an article from NY Daily News that says she spent $40K.  
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/bride-yes-dress-suit-tlc-show-broke-vows-article-1.2576365

So most likely it is going to be some hideous Pnina Tornai concoction. 
    Well now I DEFINITELY want to watch this episode...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Too bad we got rid of cable.   
  • Because being on TV means that you don't get a dramatic entrance.

I have a feeling that her wedding is "the most important day of her life" and she's going to be sadly mistaken after the big day when she realizes that she has the rest of her life to live. 
  • banana468 said:
    Because being on TV means that you don't get a dramatic entrance.

I have a feeling that her wedding is "the most important day of her life" and she's going to be sadly mistaken after the big day when she realizes that she has the rest of her life to live. 
    Oh, I am sure she will probably plan a vow renewal just a few years later.

In fact, I was just watching SYTTD the other day and these two blonde twins (who have been on multiple times) were just on so that the one girl (who got married 2 years ago) could pick up her vow renewal dress.  The reason for the vow renewal so soon after the wedding?  Because she lost 50 pounds.

• banana468 said:
    Because being on TV means that you don't get a dramatic entrance.

Oh, I am sure she will probably plan a vow renewal just a few years later.

In fact, I was just watching SYTTD the other day and these two blonde twins (who have been on multiple times) were just on so that the one girl (who got married 2 years ago) could pick up her vow renewal dress.  The reason for the vow renewal so soon after the wedding?  Because she lost 50 pounds.

I saw that too and was so confused. Plus I couldn't see where she had lost the 50 lbs? She wasn't big to begin with on the 1st episode and definitely didn't look like she'd lost that much
  • And she plans to sue for damages now since she couldn't stop the airing :|
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • And she plans to sue for damages now since she couldn't stop the airing :|
    I'm so curious to see what kind of $$ she thinks someone possibly seeing her buying a dress is worth. She must be paying hourly because any attorney who would take that case on contingency is out of their mind.
  • The whole thing just makes me feel sad for her. Her sense of self-importance is off the charts.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • While I know this is ridiculous thinking, I can't help but imagine that she filed so late to get publicity for her episode since if she filed asap when she found out when it was airing it would have been old news by today. I DVR'ed the episode because I want to see what she could possibly think is worth $40k and multiple lawsuits. Also the fact that her fiance is a pro hockey player, it's not just some random couple.
  • How ridiculous. H saw many pictures of me in my dress, we had a first look, and we hung out before the ceremony. He still cried like a baby when I walked down the aisle- And he is the most unemotional person I've ever met!

It doesn't how many times your FI sees you in your dress, nothing will take away from the excitement and happiness of that moment! I wish this was a PSA to all brides like that. NOTHING will ruin that. 

And I'm also curious to see what hideous gown she chooses. I agree, ithas to be a Pnina for that much.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards