Chit Chat

Invitation snark..

I haven't been on here much, I started a new job and my schedule's been pretty crazy lately. But, I received an interesting wedding invitation yesterday and immediately thought of you guys here. It was from a girl I had been friends with, but we've drifted apart in the last couple of years. It happens- I still think she's great, but we're definitely just not close anymore and we never talk. So, first of all, I initially thought it was a save-the-date because the outer envelope said, well, save the date. It's addressed to me only, no mention of my FI anywhere. I open it and lo and behold, it's actually an invitation. I'm still a bit confused about who's invited here, is she only inviting me, or does she think I'll just know to assume that she means we're both invited (which I would never do)? So I check the rsvp card- there's zero further information, only the respond-by date. And where they're registered. And no response card to send them in return. So I guess I just call her to tell her we're not coming..? I'm thinking of telling her my FI can't get the time off work and see what she says ;) 

I also checked out their wedding website and it looks like I'm avoiding a hot-ass mess. It seems that they rented a cabin in the mountains and that's their "venue", which is fine, great, whatever. But, there's a note on their website that "carpooling is highly encouraged, because parking is very limited!" and they note that there's one hotel to stay at, 20 minutes away. So it looks like they found this place that they just had to have because it's pretty and their wedding will be so unique! At the cost of inconveniencing the hell out of their guests.

Re: Invitation snark..

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    ernursej said:
    Yuck. Part of me says to avoid at all costs, another part wants to hear about the details from the <s>wedding.</s> trainwreck.
    Fixed that for you.
  • @Jen4948 ... thanks! Definitely better. :)

**unrelated ... still having issues with the damned quote button!

• Yeah, when the wedding invitation essentially warns guests what a PITA it is going to be to go to their ceremony (limited parking, one hotel), it is time to slowly back away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ernursej ok I thought it was just me - the quote button had been working fine but for some reason it stopped working for me a couple hours ago
  • @kvruns, the quote button hasn't been working for me since yesterday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2016
    I would definitely avoid this one. It's not worth the trouble just so a few of us can get a laugh.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:
    I would definitely avoid this one. It's not worth the trouble just so a few of us can get a laugh.
    Yeah, I can't go even if it were just for the sake of reporting back to you guys, haha. It's out of state and my aunt's (also out of state) wedding is 2 weeks after this trainwreck, so that makes my decision easier.
  • hellohkb said:
    Yeah, I can't go even if it were just for the sake of reporting back to you guys, haha. It's out of state and my aunt's (also out of state) wedding is 2 weeks after this trainwreck, so that makes my decision easier.
    Have fun at your aunt's wedding!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:
    hellohkb said:
    Have fun at your aunt's wedding!
    Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards