Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower location Help!

My maid of honor wants to throw my bridal shower, however she lives two hours away from myself and most people that would be invited and she lives in a 500 square ft apartment, so having it at her place is not an option. However, nobody else has offered to host the bridal shower, and anyone I would ask also doesn't have the right kind of space needed. And I also live in a small apartment. Where can we host a bridal shower at, that won't cost a huge amount of money? Somewhere in the Southern California area. 

Thanks in advance

Re: Bridal Shower location Help!

• edited April 2016
    Did your MOH ask you to help her find a place for the shower? She should ask on the local board if she wants specific recs: http://e/categories/local-wedding-boards?#=&CategoryUrl=http://forums.theknot.com/categories/local-wedding-boards

• She asked me if I had anywhere in mind that I wanted. I think she was trying to find a nice way to ask for help. She is probably as clueless as me on it, I've tried looking up some ideas and I get no where. My best idea is like a park or something. But neither of us knows how anything like that works. 
  • edited April 2016
    rlcaver said:
    She asked me if I had anywhere in mind that I wanted. I think she was trying to find a nice way to ask for help. She is probably as clueless as me on it, I've tried looking up some ideas and I get no where. My best idea is like a park or something. But neither of us knows how anything like that works. 
    That's actually a cost-effective option in some places. Tell MOH to ask the local parks department about reserving a shelter or pavilion. City recreation centers can be reasonably priced too.
  • Is her apartment in a complex that has a community room of some kind?
  • I rented a community hall for my sister's and it was really cheap for the afternoon.
  • Do you or any of you family members belong to a church? Many churches have community rooms that they loan or rent for gatherings. 

• Your MOH has offered to host this event, and it is her responsibility to find a space and to ask anyone if they can have it at their home. Do not get involved with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards