Wedding Reception Forum

Wedding Color Pallette and Reception Site

We are having our reception at the Fox Theater in Monterey County. It's a filled with lots of red drapery and gold trimmings. I am now lost on which colors to choose for the reception. We liked the idea of navy and gold, but I was unsure how it would look. It's a true red color and I feel like many things would clash with our venue. I've looked at pinterest and haven't really found anything that we truly love. We are stuck on navy, gold and ivory... Any suggestions would be great and pictures are welcomed!! Thank you!

Re: Wedding Color Pallette and Reception Site

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    Navy and gold would go with a bold red, no?

Ivory, cream, and deep shades of green would also go well.

Coral, navy, red and gold.

I am generally of the mind to pick colours you like, because you like them. But what season is the wedding?

• We are having our reception at the Fox Theater in Monterey County. It's a filled with lots of red drapery and gold trimmings. I am now lost on which colors to choose for the reception. We liked the idea of navy and gold, but I was unsure how it would look. It's a true red color and I feel like many things would clash with our venue. I've looked at pinterest and haven't really found anything that we truly love. We are stuck on navy, gold and ivory... Any suggestions would be great and pictures are welcomed!! Thank you!
    I'd maybe stick with neutrals and metallics.  Sounds like there's already plenty of color, so your tables should be white with silver and gold vases and candles.  Bride, groom, and wedding party wearing black and white with the occasional copper shoe.  I think it could look regal.
  • I think navy or dark blue could look very romantic. I'm picturing a Beauty & the Beast feel, but subtle. 

I'd do the tables in navy and gold, and only add more red accents in the form of roses or rose petals. 

• Red white of any kind and blue to me says patriotic, which doesn't scream romance imo

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think navy or dark blue could look very romantic. I'm picturing a Beauty & the Beast feel, but subtle. 

I'd do the tables in navy and gold, and only add more red accents in the form of roses or rose petals. 

Oooo, I like this idea! Very dramatic and romantic.

If you've already got red in the venue, use navy for linens. If you go this route, I'd keep the cream/white out, except for attire.

Friends of ours had a Beauty and the Beast "themed" co-ed shower. It turned out really well- wasn't cutesy child princess party. They had gold plate chargers and gold candelabras. The hosts bought wine glasses that they set upside down on the tables with a rose bud inside the glass and a tea light sitting on the base of the glass stem, as centerpieces. Chocolate rose favours. They used an antique clock and tea pot with cups as other decor around the room.
  • Also loving the new username, OP! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards