Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photo sharing apps

Has anyone ever used those new apps that your guests log into and they share pictures of your wedding? Are they any good? Is it difficult for quests to download and find the bride and groom?

Or is it just better to have a wedding hashtag(s) and have guest share their photos are regular social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc)?

Re: Photo sharing apps

• Moved to appropriate board.

I'm not a fan of photo apps. Hashtags don't require any downloads by guests. I'm not going to download an app for one event. I don't need another account or junk mail, sorry.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Has anyone ever used those new apps that your guests log into and they share pictures of your wedding? Are they any good? Is it difficult for quests to download and find the bride and groom?

Or is it just better to have a wedding hashtag(s) and have guest share their photos are regular social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc)?
    Is this a XP or do we just have two people asking similar questions?  

I downloaded WedPics for a friends wedding the day before and deleted it the day after.  I have Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.  I can use a hashtag on three of those four mediums and you can gather those photos just as easily.  I don't need another social media app on my phone.
  • Just a popular question lately
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• We used Capsule for ours. It was ok, I liked having pictures before the professional ones. We made sure it was one where you could use a hashtag and it would pull them in automatically. Overall it didn't get used a ton but I got some pictures so I was happy. Also it was free. We chose to personalize our code/hashtag b/c I got a deal on black friday where it was $5 rather than the usual $20. 

I have a FB but that's it and DH doesn't use any social media so this made it easier for us but if you are on instagram and twitter and stuff there probably isn't much of a point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards