Outdoor Weddings

candles at outdoor weddings?

My wedding is in July in the afternoon, I want to have a memorial candle definitely but would a unity candle work outside during the day?

Re: candles at outdoor weddings?

• It's going to depend on the weather. One of my friends had a unity candle for an outside ceremony and it was a bit windy and it wouldn't light. The JP was really good about it though and just rolled with it making a couple of jokes about how high the flames were getting. If you're ok with the possibility then go for it, if not then plan for a different unity ceremony or just skip it since the wedding is a unity ceremony in itself. 

Of course you should have a plan B in case of inclement weather anyways. In my friend's case it was beautiful outside just a bit windy, but that is all it took for the candle not to light.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wedding is in July in the afternoon, I want to have a memorial candle definitely but would a unity candle work outside during the day?
    You could possibly have the candles in tall clear vases and light them with a long taper. Wind may still pose a problem keeping the taper lit, but the vases will provide some wind protection.
  • Use a hurricane shield or a container. We had a small memorial candle on our guest book table. We had a little glass container I bought at goodwill for like 75 cents, rocks and a candle.

If you do a unity candle and you use a glass container, just get those long stick matches so you don't struggle/burn yourself trying to light it.

I'd also recommend spending the extra money for dripless, high-quality candles. We just bought cheapies at Michael's and they melted all over the rocks we had in the base. Not a great look.

*********************************************************************************

• We had a unity candle for a late morning ceremony. Our biggest problem was wind. They managed to stay lit just long enough for the unity candle ceremony but not for the full wedding ceremony.
  • Watch your veil also while doing this so that it doesn't blow towards the open flame.

• Once I attended my friend's wedding at Leonard's Palazzo,NY, they provide both outdoor and indoor wedding facilities. My friend Amber wanted to get married there and she wanted an outdoor wedding with the candle decoration, but they requested her that they can make all the candle decorations if she agrees on indoor wedding then she said yes and the decorations they made were fantastic. So, I would suggest you that if you need candle decoration than go for an indoor wedding.
  • Knottie1467182279 said:
    Once I attended my friend's wedding at Leonard's Palazzo,NY, they provide both outdoor and indoor wedding facilities. My friend Amber wanted to get married there and she wanted an outdoor wedding with the candle decoration, but they requested her that they can make all the candle decorations if she agrees on indoor wedding then she said yes and the decorations they made were fantastic. So, I would suggest you that if you need candle decoration than go for an indoor wedding.
    Definitely zombie. Probably spam.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards