Chit Chat

My bridesmaid is pregnant

Yup! My bridesmaid is pregnant and she's due 10 days before the wedding; I couldn't be happier for her. She came to the firehouse today to visit and told me that she decided (unfortunately) to step down; I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit sad about it, and I wish she'd still be in the wedding, however, I do understand and respect her choice. Ultimately, this girl is my best friend and I know having children means the world to her and and her husband. She is already a mother to a beautiful angel, and I am so excited that they are finally expecting their rainbow baby.

Today (outside of finding out that my friend is pregnant) has been one hellacious nightmare after the next and I'm ready to just be done with this shift! But hey, no storm lasts forever :) Hope you guys have a great week!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My bridesmaid is pregnant

• Congrats to her - for both the baby and for having such a great friend.  It's totally understandable to be sad, you clearly were looking forward to celebrating and sharing with her that day.  A friend of mine was demoted from her best friends wedding because she is due the same day.  She'll still be in the program "but no longer needs to worry about matching everyone else or helping with the shower."  Needless to say, she's hurt.

Hope your Monday gets better!
  • edited April 2016
    You are an awesome friend, @ericasm0703!
  • Your BM is lucky to have such a supportive and understanding friend!  I know how YOU feel, though, and it's completely understandable.  One of my BMs is due next week (10 days before my wedding).  When she told me she was pregnant in October, I was a really confusing mix of happy and disappointed.  

My friend hasn't stepped down as a BM yet, and I am hoping she won't have to, but we're both realistic and she knows I will completely understand if she needs to step down.  I keep telling her that being a mom is waaaaaaaayyy more important than being a bridesmaid and not to feel any kind of pressure about being in the wedding if she doesn't feel up to it.

Kudos to you for your support!

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• congrats to your friend! I bet that is disappointing but glad you are understanding about it
  • kmmssg said:
    Congrats to your friend on her baby and kudos to you for having your priorities straight. She can still be your BM even if she can't be there. You can send her her bouquet, mention in your program that she couldn't be with you because she just welcomed a new baby into her family, and if you have a religious service you can mention her in a prayer.
    Thanks for the suggestions! I still want to include her even though she has stepped down, and I really appreciate your input on how to do so.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Major props to you for being such a sweet, supportive friend. It is totally understandable to feel kind of sad and disappointed, but I love your ability to be happy for her and see the bigger picture anyways!

• One of my best friends found out she was pregnant around the same time I got engaged. She was due within days of our wedding date. I'd have been disappointed that she wasn't there, but I was much more excited that she was having a baby. She miscarried a few weeks later.

Hearing stories about brides kicking their bridesmaids out because they're pregnant, or being mad at them for ruining their "vision" always makes me twitchy and makes me want to beat them over the head with some perspective.

Your bridesmaid is lucky to have such a loving and supportive friend @ericasm0703

Congratulations to your friend. Babies are wonderful!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards