Not Engaged Yet

FRIdizzle

Re: FRIdizzle

• @KeptInStitches Ugh, I'm so sorry about the lay offs. That's so stressful! I really hope your job is safe, and I'm glad that your H has already been promised that his job is safe. I can't believe you guys have almost been married a year! Time flies!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @KeptInStitches I think Agreeable Gray is going to work for you guys... something in the name ;)
  • @eilis1228 ugh that really sucks about your car, but that was awesome of them to give you all those discounts!  Have fun at the show!  I've seen Gabriel Iglesias and Jeff Dunham live, and my best advice is don't have a full bladder because you will be laughing a lot. 

@KeptInStitches I'm sorry about the job stuff, will keep my fingers crossed for you!  We did light grey and beige throughout our house, so I'm a fan of those options.  
  • There was a group visiting and they were in the conference room next to my desk.  One of the guests started throwing up every time he moved.  Officially over today. 
  • @eilis1228 Personally I would just get a new car now- I would not want to be driving around in an unsafe car. Will you guys both be paying for it or just you? I think my H and I are in the minority when it comes to money but we keep ours separate except for a joint savings. We do talk over big purchases like that but ultimately I'm not going to tell him not to buy something he really wants as long as he has money to pay his half of all the bills and money to add to our savings. I do wish he were more a little concerned with saving like your H is though lol. I feel like so many of you guys on here have the husbands who are all about budgets and I have the opposite lol/

@keptinstitches Ugh that really sucks about the job situation :( I hope yours is safe or you'll be able to find something else.
    I think you'll have much better luck with the round 2 paints!

• There was a group visiting and they were in the conference room next to my desk.  One of the guests started throwing up every time he moved.  Officially over today. 

Eww. Tried to post a gif and TK is telling me I don't have permission. Don't tell me what to do TK

Eww. Tried to post a gif and TK is telling me I don't have permission. Don't tell me what to do TK

Dear TK,

• @speakeasy14 OMG. That is horrifying. I think I would puke too. Wow. What happened with that?

@lavenderfields13 We have joint checking, two joint savings, and then separate checking accounts for our discretionary purchases. Since our money is essentially in the same pot, we have to both agree on the purchase. He's starting to come around to it more. I can't do anything immediately anyway since I don't have the title. I imagine that will take a few weeks to come in. In the meantime, I'll get the car appraised, test drive the two cars on my list, and talk to the dealerships about my options. But yes, I agree with you-- at this point I'm nervous to drive my car for much longer without the needed repairs, so we need to do this sooner rather than later. 

• jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2016
    @eilis1228 - I'd get the car replaced now to be safe and protect its value. Is anything going to be drastically different with your financial situation this summer?   Never mind just saw your reply above!

@lavenderfields13 - My H is NOT the saver in our relationship either, so don't feel bad about that! We have combined finances but each get a set amount of money each month to spend how and where we please.

@keptinstitches - Happy early 1 year! Do you guys have plans to celebrate? I'm glad your H's job is safe and I'm crossing everything yours is too!

HAVE SO MUCH FUN IN CHICAGO EVERYONE!!!
  • @eilis1228 he's laying down at our guest house while the group finishes their tour.  We also have a nurse on site who checked out his vitals and said he was fine. Luckily, it all was in a trash can so the room doesn't smell. Once they leave I'm lysoling the room anyway.  
  • Good morning/afternoon

I no longer have any plans for this weekend. H starts his new job today and has to work all weekend and next week. He had originally taken this weekend off (from his old job) to try and do something for my birthday (it's next week), but he got a new job this week and obviously couldn't get it off. I just keep reminding my sad self that the new job is more important. I will most likely sit around watching Netflix all weekend and having a pity party.
    Bean might have a pick up game of soccer with his team (kids v. parents - except for me - I would die) on Sunday, but that's it. I need to get my car cleaned at some point, but I don't know how motivated I'll actually be. 

I hope everyone going to Chicago has a blast and arrives safely. 

@CocoBellaF your story might have made me tear up. I love awesome stories of teachers/students. It makes my world!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 I wouldn't say that his new job is more important at all! He just doesn't have any time built up and HAS to work. I'm sure he would much rather spend your birthday weekend with you! I'm sorry your plans fell through. :( Why don't you treat yourself to a spa day instead? After all, your birthday is a celebration of you, so you should celebrate yourself in style. :) 

@speakeasy14 I'm glad you have a space for him to lie down and recover, and I'm especially glad he managed to get everything the trash. Hopefully it's just food poisoning and nothing contagious. 

@jenjen047 Agreed! I think H is warming up to the idea of a new car ASAP. He's so funny with money.

• @beanbot2002 even though you were looking forward to birthday spoiling, lounging around not in boobie jail sounds like a great weekend to me! 
  • @jenjen047, I don't know if H has planned anything like dinner at all. I haven't - teaching and stress keeps my mind fairly well occupied. I know I'm getting him this (link) for our anniversary because he is the biggest car junkie I have ever met and has loved his Camaros to an almost unhealthy level. 
  • @Keptinstitches That sucks about work, but I'm glad at least one of you will definitely stay the same. Those three paint colors are all ones I pulled swatches of when trying to decide what color to paint my living room! I like the name of Agreeable Gray, but they totally missed the opportunity to call it "A-gray-able."
    I ended up selecting a color called Gray Goose for possibly repainting, its a light neutral gray, and also a vodka. 

@speakeasy14 Omg Lysol everything! How embarrassing for the guy though. 

• The conference room has been disinfected

• @speakeasy14 that suck that that job falls on you.... nasty.
  • According to the sales guy... they were all hungover.  Seriously?!
  • @KeptInStitches - That looks like the prefect gift!! Did you save any of your wedding cake?
  • @speakeasy14 hahahahaha wow. So professional.
    -----------------
    I hate it when I fulfill stereotypes about female drivers. I went to Discount Tire to do their free air check on my tires, and as I was backing out, I attempted to turn too soon and almost curb checked HARD in front of like 10 men outside. They were all motioning at me to stop and looking at me like I was an idiot. Whoops!

• beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2016
    @eilis1228 I have both the boys all weekend, so I wouldn't be able to do a spa day...and even if I could, I would probably have nightmares lol have you not heard the story of the masseuse who tea bagged my head? Over. And over. And over. For a full 60 minutes. *shudder* Never again! My weekend will be more of "Bean, clean your room already! It smells like ass and moldy cheese!" and "OMG Noah! What are you doing now?" lol

@speakeasy14 NO BOOBIE JAIL! lol

ETA: now that I think about it, being tea bagged by a creeper masseuse might actually be more fun. lol
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @eilis1228 ughh I hate times like that. I just want to yell "I'm a good driver I swear!"

I really hate days like today. its 2:15 on a Friday, my manager is on vacation and my office mate just left because she has a thing for her other job tonight (seasonal job, has a deal worked out with our company to work around it). I'm the only one here for comp/benefits, but why should I have to stay just because I have no plans? I'll probably leave a little early but still, it sucks to have to be the one who has to stay for that reason. 
  • @jenjen047, we did save wedding cake, but I suspect it is severely freezer burned. We may pass on eating it and get a small cake from the baker instead.
  • @beanbot2002 Hi, I don't think we've really been introduced yet but I'm PamBeesly and I am EXTREMELY interested in hearing this tea-bagging masseuse story.
  • this is all I see every time I open this thread:

thank you @Swazzle

@beanbot2002 hahahaha omg I'm sorry you were teabagged but that is hilarious
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2016
  • @beanbot2002 DYING at your tea-bagging masseuse. Maybe he thought you wanted a happy ending? hahahaha

• @speakeasy14, I'm with you, that was just plain sad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards